2017 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews

in the last
90 days
within the U.S.
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

10/6.6

Based on 341 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

Nice Vehicle-Cheap Paint

By on Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Pros-styling, features, looks, tech Cons-paint The paint started to chip about 20 miles away from the dealership. Now a year later and there are about 15 dime sized paint chips everywhere."

Great Car, Easy to Maintain, Low Long Term Cost

By on Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Pros: "This car will last, if you let it!"

Cons: "Cannot find repair manuals (Haynes or Chilton)"

"I am the first and only owner of my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES. Ive done my own maintenance per the manufacturers schedule and owners manual. And I havent run into any major issues yet! Ive only had one minor issue two weeks ago. I had an engine oscillation issue where the car engine RPM speed would vary between 400-600 RPM at idle (~700 RPM is nominal) and the oscillations would become aggravated when the in-cabin fan (heat/AC) would be turned on. Ive had trouble finding repair manuals for the Lancer in auto-shops & online but found some you tube videos (in Spanish) where other Lancers had similar issues. The solution was to clean the throttle body with the butterfly valve open with carburetor cleaner. Afterwards, I turned the car on and the oscillations were gone! For good measure, I used Sea Foam Cleaner and Lube to help clear out the air intake system and see if that made a difference to my engine performance. I also decided to change my oil and replace the air and oil filter. I checked the spark plugs and noticed there was some oil residue on them. I checked the valve stem gasket and realized it wasnt providing a proper seal (cracked/dryrot) hence the oil on the spark plugs. I replaced that gasket. After all this, the car drove as good as new! As long as you treat the engine and transmission well, this car will last you a VERY long time. Disclaimer: I dont really care for luxuries, but the inside is nice in my perspective. The plastic interior has kept its shape and color over the years. I love the look of post 2007 Lancers. The paint on the rear right quarter panel is faded but I have no rust so far. The car is comfortable and the price I got it for was well worth the money. To me, there is no question that this car gets a 10/10 for quality especially when this car has never failed me. It has gone through numerous road trips and I will continue to travel with it as well! ALSO, the turning radius on this car is magnificent, especially in urgent U-turns. Haha!"

By on Thursday, July 17, 2008

Very good car

By on Monday, June 30, 2008

"I think it is a good car for the money, the interior could use a little work. It does accelerate a little slow at first but I'm still getting used to it. It's very sharp looking, great sound system, and love the 5 speed."

Greatest Car Overall for the Money

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

"I love this car. The sportback can swallow cargo like no other. Great value. Great gas mileage. We have seen 35 on the hwy! Fun and sporty. The GTS handles like you wouldn't believe. Great sound system with the Rockford! Love it"