I love this car so much!
By Snowhawk on Thursday, October 20, 2011
I own this car - My approximate mileage is 132,000
overall rating 8 of 10rating details
- Overall Rating
Pros: "Excellent drive, fun car, very stylish"
Cons: "Huge blind spot, hard on aging backs"
Likely to recommend this car? (1-10): 10
"I bought my Tiburon March 1, 2003, brand new, off the lot in Knoxville, TN with 28 miles on the odometer. And I haven't really looked back! She's carried me all over the South East US, moved me to, from Central FL, and then to, from, and back to Pennsylvania. The first weekend I had the vehicle, I drove to Marion, NC. The third weekend, I racked up over 1,500 miles in 2 days. It's a PLEASURE to drive... Once you get used to the blind spots, which are, sadly, huge.
I have had only a handful of complains about the vehicle in the past 8 years.
1) The blind spots on the rear, especially the passenger side. If you get good with the side mirrors, you can compensate some for this.
2) The moonroof's drainage tube leads right over the amp. This has led to having the amp replaced THREE times.
3) Replacing the headlights is such a pain, I just have it done when I have an oil change.
4) Despite the 132 k miles... Long distance trips are very hard on the back. Tooling around backroads and for little "jaunts" on the highway are fine, but 12 hours with all your stuff crammed into the car... not as fun.
5) I was 22 when I bought the car, and I'm 30 now. Getting in and out is sometimes awkward.
But all that said, this has been an EXCELLENT little car. She is as straight as ever, despite two people running into me within a 6 month period, gas mileage is really not declined at all from the day I purchased it, and maintenance has mostly consisted of replacing wearable parts.
This is an incredibly sure-footed little car too! Driving in bad weather is really no issue, and I've never had a problem unless my tires were near needing replaced. My pet grooming services have me driving all over, and no driveway ever phased me getting to work.
I can't complain about the looks either. Even after 8 years, my little black car still turns heads.
Hyundai's full bumper to bumper warranty and warranty coverage was excellent, the dealerships I have dealt with have been incredibly helpful, and I really could not be happier with the car I have. I do need something larger for work, but I'm probably going to pass this to my fiance when I have a new vehicle. Here's to another 132 k miles!"
out of 6 found this review helpful
Was this review helpful to you?