2000 Chrysler 300M

Based on 440 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Pretty good

By on Friday, August 19, 2011

"This car is very dependable and fairly easy to repair yourself. Never got in it and felt like I wasn't sure about it bringing me back home. I've had it for 4 years and it's never needed any work to the motor or trans done."

Has treated me very well over the 12 years.

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"You always hear about lemons and the lemon law. Well, believe this particular car was just the reverse. This is a heavy well riding vehicle that unbelievably gets 27 MPG. The only work I have had to do on this vehicle since 2001 was to have the transmission rebuilt due to me getting stuck in a snow bank and rocking the car to dislodge. The car is a v-6 with great power. Other than the ride and gas mileage, my 3rd favorite aspect of the car is the seat heater! Currently, at times, when the key is turned to start the car, nothing happens. Not sure if its linkage from the transmission, has to be in park for the starter to work, or the switch is going bad. Other than that, this car has treated me very well. I just purchased a 2003 Acura that has all the bells and whistles from a relative to go along with our 2010 Toyota Camry. Will probably sell or donate the Chrysler to charity in the Spring. Due to the mileage, probably wouldn't recommend this car to a friend."

Very comfortable ride, little repair over years

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Extremely comfortable to drive on trips"

Cons: "Difficult to see traffic on sides of car."

"One of the most comfortable rides I've ever experienced. Only negative would be that it is sometimes difficult to look out of the passenger's side windows to view traffic on the side of the car...due to large window separator on the front and rear windows. This was also a comment made when this car was being evaluated right after it hit the public."

Best Ride...I'm in love with this 300M

By on Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pros: "Fun and relaxing car to drive"

Cons: "No front end bumper"

"I drive 80 miles round-trip to work. The 300M is a comfortable car to relax and drive. If you want to enjoy a sporty drive it's got that, too. It handles curves and corners like a champ. I drive in various conditions: snow, sleet, rain. etc. and I have always felt safe behind the wheel. The audio controls are on the steering wheel which is very helpful. Plenty of room for 5 adult passengers."

A Great Car For the Money

By on Friday, April 9, 2010

"I liked this car so much, I replaced the '00 I'd owned for 6 years with a '99 after being rear-ended a little over a year ago! I've had this one for a year now and have only small concerns as it's now showing signs of age. The plusses: All the bells and whistles I could ask for. Since I have no trouble parallel parking, I don't need the side mirror assist that comes with some models. But it's a solid, roomy, comfortable, BEAUTIFUL automobile! Far from "cookie-cutter" styling, it's loaded with the interior size and creature comforts of cars costing much more. It's strong on the highway while being rather economical from a fuel standpoint. Anonymously, I average around 70-80mph sailing down the interstate and get 26-27mpg. The minuses: If you like to work on your own car, this car is not the one. Something as simple as changing the battery is a real chore (the front wheel need to be removed so you can access the battery thru the wheel well!). That which was once simple will cost you hours in labor at your local repair shop (i.e. changing a thermostat). Parts are costly too, but there's a fair amount of these in the salvage yards if you really want a break on the prices. I know a lot of newer cars have these same issues, but they seem more pronounced with this car. However, if you're the type to stay on top of maintenence, you should be ok. All and all, a great car for those that still beckon to the days when cars had SIZE, although this car is not as big as it seems!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler 300M near Honolulu. See local deals