1999 Acura CL

Based on 229 Ratings for the 1997 - 1999 models.

I don't know why, but it keeps running.

By on Monday, November 30, 2015

Pros: "Powertrain"

Cons: "Everything else(non-powertrain)"

"So I'm not 100% sure why this thing keeps running, but it does. Its like the Terminator in, well, any of the Terminator movies. Face? Arm? Who needs those? I've owned the car for about 8 years now(meaning it was already 11 years old when it was purchased assuming it was built in 1996). This car has seen a LOT. Like, I'm talking about things normal cars shouldn't have to go through. Because I dont have a lot of money, I've torn out most of the un-needed bits as they stop functioning normally, or as I attempt to diagnose other issues. Catalytic converter? Gone. EGR valve? Gone. 02 sensor, Mass air flow sensor? Gone. A lot of the interior components have begun to break down, as can be expected on an older car. The windows no longer align properly in their tracking, the passenger door doesnt open. The cigarette lighter/charger doesnt work. Why did I rate it so high? The powertrain. Mother of god this thing wont give up. At one point I had an oil leak(again, not unusual in an older car) that was more serious than I realized. A couple months went by and I noticed the throttle wasnt very responsive and my floorboard was getting a bit warm. I stopped and checked my motor and found out that there was less than a liter of oil left in the motor. Filled it back up and its been running fine ever since. That was 2 years ago. I feel like things like that shouldn't just be "ok", but it was. Summary: The interior of this car is cheaply made. Its very plastic and cheap feeling. Knobs will break off. Dont buy it for the interior. Under the hood, you'll have some issues with parts and pieces. The alternator, radiator hoses, misc valves and sensors are all on bought time. The super expensive bits (motor and transmission) are in it for the long haul. If you're going to buy this car, buy it because you need a cheap car that is going to get you to work in the morning. Thats why its a 10/10."

My best

By on Sunday, October 2, 2011

"Ive had my car for 16yrs now. It still runs great. I bought it new when i was 21yrs old, now i am 35 and the car runs great."

Super Car

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "Super Reliable, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Being a '99 its not going to have today's features"

"I bought my 1999 Acura CL 3.0 in 2003 with 20k miles. Eight years later, I am up to 92,000 miles and it has been absolutely trouble free. While it can't compare to the all the standard features and power of today's automobiles - it is still fun to drive and has never let me down."

Best money I have ever spent

By on Monday, February 7, 2011

"Little did I know that when I walked out of the car dealership 10 years ago that I bought the best car I could have dreamed of. I loved the styling and the Acura name and I have not been disappointed. 150,000 miles later she's still going strong. Outside of routine maintenance I have only replaced a muffler and she has never left me stranded anywhere. Unfortunately this beauty is starting to show her age, but she's still a keeper!"

27500 and still running

By on Sunday, August 29, 2010

"I bought a 97 3.0 with 185K and is now at 275K miles in 04. Over the years had starter replaced, new radiator with therm.., the recall ignition problem fixed twice and most recently water pump. Considering car already had 185K I averaged about $400 a year in repairs for 6 years. Not bad because I didn't have a car payment. Currently having overheating issues, seems to get hot going up hill, but doesn't get hot enough to overheat. For the last few months I can feel the tranny slipping. Overall I was happy with it, handled great and still looks pretty stylish. I bought this car for $4500 and I am shocked that high bluebook is around $3000 low bluebook is $1950. I need to sell soon."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura CL near Honolulu. See local deals