2009 Volkswagen New Beetle

6.9

Based on 1132 Ratings for the 1998 - 2010 models.

7.3/10
    7.0/10
    7.3/10
    7.6/10

Mechanics great! Interior quality Thumbs down

By on Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Pros: "Great to drive"

Cons: "Interior dash, doors panels etc - horrible"

"Bought this car new in October of 2001. Only 67K miles as of Jun 2016. It's fun to drive and has great pickup. In terms of getting us where we need to go it has always been reliable. Nothing wrong with the engine, transmission ever. Fabulous sound system. The BIG problem -- the interior is falling apart. The dash, console, interior door panels -- plastic etc started to get sticky in 2010/11 and then it just started to fall apart. Eg. One day I opened the passenger door and the glove compartment fell to the floor. Hubby threw it away. The console lifts away whenever I pull out the cell phone plug. I just shove it back into place. The only way I can close the doors once inside is to grab the mesh pocket at the bottom of the doors because the door panel is cracking in many places including the handles. Crazy! But it's super comfy to sit in. Even my 6'5 hubby fits easily and has driven the car for hours with no problem. We've considered having the interior replaced since it runs like a champ, but we'll probably just let it go for whatever a dealer will give us. I hate to give it such poor overall ratings since it runs great, but my goodness how can a company in the 21st century mess up plastic?? My 1982 Toyota Celica dash and interior fit and finish looked better when I sold it 10 years later -- than this 2001 Beetle does today."

think again

By on Friday, April 18, 2008

"Very high maintenance costs with dealership comparable to maintaining a high end luxury car without the luxury car treatment. Customer service leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Fun vehicle but not worth the trouble. ex. Most non-VW dealership mechanics dont want to even try to replace the battery."

Drive with the top down.... beach car!!

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Driving with the top down.... perfect car for the summer!!

"Perfect car for a 1st time buyer!! Light blue 2005 convertible Volkswagon beetle, very good condition, gray leather interior, auto windows / locks, automatic turbo transmission, great gas mileage, A/C, CD player. Asking $5500.00."

Driving with the top down.... perfect car for the summer!!

It makes me smile!

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Heating/cooling great, great in all weather, peppy"

Cons: "Electrical systems are lacking in quality"

"Have loved every moment that I have had the car -- (11 yrs). Have had multiple issues with electrical system -- headlight/tailights but overall wouldn't change my purchase in a heartbeat. Engine and mechanics have been good although I do keep up with regular maintenance. Would buy it again for sure. Extremely comfortable to drive -- great get up and go. Lots of headroom, even for my 6'5" husband."

Dream Car

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, very stylish."

Cons: "High Maintenance, needs "special tools"."

"I have wanted one of these since I was 12, I finally stumbled upon the perfect one and it was mine. I have only had this car for a little over a year and for the most part it has been perfect. My only problem with the car is that it is so high maintenance and there is no easy way to do a home oil change. My family is full of handy men and these cars take "special tools" to perform each task. Great, fun, and exceptional car... I don't ever WANT to get rid of it, but I think I might have to because I can't keep paying $100 for an oil change."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen New Beetle near Honolulu. See local deals