1992 Mercedes-Benz 300E

Based on 85 Ratings for the 1992 - 1993 models.

By on Monday, April 6, 2009

"weve owned this car since it was new in 88. this car is older than my kids! weve had many BMW's and mercedes over the 21 year span since buying this car, but this is the only one out of all of them that has stayed. this really is an amazing car, it outlasted our 95, and 04 s classes and required WAY less cash to repair, and it didnt need reparing that often. this really is a piece of history and i reccomend buying one before the skyrocket in value."

my expensive, classy tank

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"I currently drive a 1989 300E and i can proudly say my "old" car is so much better than most of my friends newer Japanese/domestic cars. Not only does my 300E look better, but take a ride with me and it's evident you're riding in a classy tank. My Odometer stopped working at 180,547, i'm guessing it has around 205k miles on it now. It's still smooth as silk. My interior is one of the best out there! No kidding! People can't believe the interior of an almost 20 year old car can look like mine. It's truly immaculate!! So why am i looking to get a newer car next year? Well for 1. a luxury car is a luxury car forever. Period. Repairs are not cheap on luxury vehicles. I bought the car almost 4 years ago for $2400 and recently took it to an ind shop where my father used to work (German car specialized only) and the repairs for my AC would run $1800. WHAT?! I think not. My 300 also burns oil, but it's minimal, especially considering the age of the car and the fact that it's still running on all original parts! (with the exception of my Behr radiator). If my AC wouldn't cost what the car is currently worth to fix, i'd totally get another 2-3 years out of it. Cars aren't built like this anymore! My father has an 1986 420 SEL with 353,000! and it's still going! LOVE IT! I would not recommend this car to my friends only because none of them would know how to take care of it or be able to afford the maintenance. The front seats are also incredibly uncomfortable, just awful for sitting in traffic or long commutes. No cup holders also makes life a little difficult at times. Gas mileage is impressively.....poor. But with some money and a good mechanic, these classy tanks will run for ever!"

The best of the Benzes

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"We bought this car (our family seventh MB) last year for our 69 year old mother. She loves this car. It is dependable, safe, comfortable and easy to drive. Plus you can set the drivers seat memory to more than one memory positon (including the headrest) so that with the push of a button, the last driver is, once again, comfortable. Good stereo system, GREAT mileage considering the size of the vehicle, and people tend not to cut you off in traffic (something we've noticed in some of our other vehicles). Definitely one of the best, if not THE best models Mercedes Benz has ever produced. Highly recommended!"

In the family

By on Friday, January 18, 2008

"(Mine is really a 1987, but year-choices don't go back that far.) This car started with my brother-in-law. He sold it to my other sister. She sold it to me seven years ago. Between them, they put 70,000 miles on it in 14 years (you do the math). I jumped at buying it. It as been a dream since them. I have put a lot more miles on it than they did. Okay, the head gasket leaks, the odometer broke, and sometimes the light monitor tells me a bulb is out when one isn't, but I have not had to change the water pump or make any other major repair outside of replacing the catalytic converter. It has always started, without fail, regardless of temperature (I used to have a 240D). Smooth ride, even when the struts turned out to be completely worn. Very reliable all around. A wonderful car."

Sportline edition; great car

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

"Purchased new in 93, it has been a great car to drive due to its Sportline heritage of low racing suspension, power, shorter turn radius and front and rear sports seats. It still looks great in 2013. Just put in new ac and fixed sunroof and polished red body paint. I own several vehicles including 2012 Audi A8L which is a fantastic car; cad Escalade, and Toyota truck. To keep miles off the Audi, I drive the Mercedes to and from my office. Still fun to drive and still gets the looks. I've owned other Mercedes, but none has pleased me as much as this dependable and reliable vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz 300E near Honolulu. See local deals