ZIP code

2002 Mazda Tribute

8.3

Based on 416 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Well pleased

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

"We bought our Tribute new in 2002. It has a classic body style that still looks good in 2013. The ride is excellent and comfortable. And it has amazed us at how well it will go in the snow in 4-wheel drive. We have been extremely pleased. The Tribute has been our best auto purchase EVER. When looking for newer models we always look for other Tributes, or its cousins, the Ford Escape and the Mercury Mariner. I'm somewhat disappointed We're not interested in selling. We're giving it to our son now, since we just purchased a newer model. And he knows what a bargain he has. I'm sure it'll last him another 100,000 miles, at least."

Perfect size

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

"Great vehicle. I can haul just about anything I need from my favorite Lowes, but also travel in comfort for a road trip. Overall, it's been a great vehicle."

Such a deal

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Great small SUV for the medium size family"

Cons: "Can think of any"

"Other than the one recall for the rack and pinon steering and the normal maintenance to the car this vehicle has been a dream. With the 4WD availble when needed it has been a blessing to have here in Michigan during the winter months and the security it has provided for the family has been hugh. I only wish it would get better gas mileage even before the tune up it was getting 18 - 19 city and 22 - 23 hwy but if you are willing to slow down to 60 MPH you can get up to 25 - 26 MPG and now being retired we have done just that being that we don't have to get anywhere in a hurry anymore."

I saw this car..by accident I got her.

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "All weather handling, all around room"

Cons: "plastic pieces for functions may fail, gas"

"I've always bought used..I'd search for several months at a time to find the "right fit", for me and my 2 boys. When I couldn't find anything back in 2004. I went to Mazda..as I felt they would give me a loan (bad credit). Ok this SUV.drives like a car..slightly more elevated than a Subaru Forester. I do have the V6..back then gas was never an issue but it's the price I pay for this vehicle. I love how this car handles..I've been in near crashes and she handled it like a pro..without much of me doing much but getting out of the way..I truly feel the car responds to me! I do have the full version with; tow package, stabilization bars, make it great to handle. Winters in the Northeast can be brutal, and still I too can get out of jams in deep snow without much effort. Thanks to the all-time 4 wheel drive. Seats are comfortable and not narrow like some seats. Controls for radio and other dashboard functions are nicely aligned. I've always purchased my cars based on the back seat comfort and cargo area..I'm comfortable and so are my taller passengers ( my boys incl.) I have fit all kinds of furnishings and dump yard stuff in the rear! Because of the nearly squarish opening..many SUVs are angled sides and you can't fit what you think should be. So I'm more than happy to carry a sofas, rugs, mattress (I'm a renter) so it all works out. I have yet to do any major repairs to her..just the standard..new tires, and engine maintenance, brakes and such. She is a truck and is fun to drive..a bit noisy inside but a good stereo handles that."

Holds up, roomy, better on gas than the big suv's

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"I love that the gas mileage is decent on this SUV. And it is roomy too. I've had two 6ft bookshelves in the back with the seat down and door closed! I bought mine used but have had it for 4 yrs. it runs great. I installed my own towing package and tend to haul a lot of trailers and stuff with it. I was impressed with its towing ability for a front wheel drive v6. I know a lot of people don't like the plastic molding body panels, but I do as they resist scratchs, and rocks from the dirt road. This vehicle is also one of the very few pre-2002 vehicle to have the latch system installed for carseats! that was a pleasant surprise when we had a child. Only major parts I've had to replace is a radiator that got a small crack when it broke loose from it's mount during a runin with a deer. Rest of the car held up well and the body shop was able to bend out the small dent in the fender good as new without having to get a new fender. I've put 80k miles on this since I got it 4 yrs ago and it has held up great with long road trips, daily driving, and towing. I'd definitely buy another one. One downside is that the back seat doesn't split fold on the 2001 model. and my wife doesn't like that the back seat doesn't have headrests but she's happy with the latch and tether systems. Also, the CD player doesn't play burned CD's well. Works great with store bought CD's just doesn't read CDRs well and won't play CDRWs at all...bummer for me as I like making my own CDs."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda Tribute near Honolulu. See local deals