2004 Kia Sorento

7.9

Based on 653 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

Best Bang for Buck!

By on Friday, December 6, 2013

Pros: "Great for the price, durable, good on gas"

Cons: "front lite bulbs short out constantly"

"Got mine in 2005 and had a few mechanical issue that werent necessarily manufacturer related. Only 1 was a warped drive train but that was replaced by warranty. I do have a problem with the front bulbs constantly needing replacement but considering I'm nearing 200K miles Ive been extremely pleased with mine and I'd recommend it to anyone. Be warned replacing the timing chain is a pain (done it twice). Have it replaced by a mechanic."

Best SUV bargain around

By on Saturday, May 2, 2009

"My Kia Sorrento EX has been an outstanding SUV. It's better than the Toyota 4-Runner and Highlander that I used to own. The 4WD works great on-road and off-road. Very comfortable seating position. The ride isn't quite as soft as the Highlander, but that's the trade-off for a true off-road 4WD SUV with better towing capability. More comfortable than other "real 4WD" SUVs under $40K. I was in a 360 degree spinout at highway speeds (my fault, not the vehicle) and the vehicle stayed upright and undamaged. The MPG is a little less than some of it's competitors, but the cost of the Sorrento is so much less (if bought below it's MSRP), that I'm still money ahead for many years until the "break-even" point. I've had the vehicle for several years and it has been flawless in construction and performance. Never had any mechanical problems. High quality interior materials...much better materials than it's American competitors. I bought my Sorrento because a friend traded in his Lexus RX330 for a Sorrento EX and he liked it more than his Lexus. These cars are an amazing bargain if you can find one used, because they resell quite a bit below the new MSRP. Overall, the best 4WD SUV I've tried under $40k. If I wanted to spend more than $40k, I'd probably go with a Lexus GX or LX."

Drives like a breeze

By on Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pros: "PRICE, HEAVY DUTY, RELIABLE, GOOD ON MAINTENANCE"

Cons: "SOMETIMES PEOPLE MISTAKE THE DESIGN FOR A MODERN MINI VAN LOL"

"I bought this vehicle used 3 years ago, and it has been excellent on wear and tear. I have not had any major car repairs yet in the first three years of me having it which was a shocker to me. I was nervous because I had no warranty, but the car's durability helped relieve some of that stress."

Great Fun Truck!

By on Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pros: "Smooth ride, plenty of power, looks great."

Cons: "The paint seems to start to fade within 10 years."

"I love my Sorento, I test-drove over a dozen similar suv's and I found the Sorento has the best handling, power and was the most comfortable and smartly built truck of all of them. If you keep up the maintenance the Kia Sorento it's a smart buy. Ive had mine since 2005, have had no major issues, and I DEFINITELY plan on upgrading to another Sorento."

Inexspensive 4x4

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"The main thing you need to know is that if you don't pay to do the periodic maint. it will void your 100000 mi. warrenty. Timing belt and trans. plus water pump is over $1200 and it keeps going up the more miles you get closer to 100000."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Sorento near Honolulu. See local deals