2005 Ford Freestyle

8.2

Based on 564 Ratings for the 2005 - 2007 models.

good vehicle

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "fairly good gas mileage, versatile, comfortable"

Cons: "costly repairs"

"I have mixed reviews. This vehicle is incredibly versatile and comfortable. It gets good gas mileage. But, we have experienced most of the problems associated with this car. The dash went out and that was $1K and then the engine mount needed replacement which was another grand. If not for these problems, then I would fully reccommend. We do have over 141,000 miles on it and plan to keep for another 100,000."

Love it

By on Saturday, July 26, 2008

"We bought our 2005 SEL 2 1/2 years ago after driving Windstars for years. Very comfortable to me but Hubby complains about front seat leg room in the passenger seat on long trips, he is 6'3" though. We get reasonable gas milage averaging 21 in city when not running A/C and 19 with. On the highway it is a gem, driving 1500 on 3 tanks of gas averaging $63 a tank at $3.99/gallon. Ours has captains seats second row that recline and easily flip up if needed to access 3rd row, although with younger kids it is not necessary as they can climb in minivan style. We have 4 kids so this set up is dream not having the two oldest touching each other in the second row. Brakes were replaced at 35000 per recall, have had the "float in the passenger vent replaced per warranty as it kept rattling, and the Hydrolic lifts went out on the rear gate right after warranty expired. Was not a big deal to us as Hubby replaced easily but that door sure is heavy to lift without them. The only downside we really feel with this vehicle is the depreciation. This car has worked for us toting kids, remodeling a bathroom, and going on long trips thanks to the DVD system!"

Best vehicle for the $$$$

By on Monday, June 29, 2009

"I have a 2006 model Ford Freestyle. I bought it brand new and currently have 97,000 miles on it. I have not had one single problem with this vehicle and the only maintenance I have done is oil changes and I put new tires on at 75,000 miles. My vehicle is full loaded w/leather, sunroof, dvd, all the bells and whistles and it includes third row seating. With all of the adds, it was easily $5-10k cheaper than it's competitors and none of them can touch the gas mileage. I travel a good bit which is the reason I have 97,000 miles. I consistenly average a little over 23 miles per gallon on a tank of gas. This mpg rating is very strong considering the amount of room in this vehicle. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone that is wanting a vehicle w/room that gets good gas mileage."

Great value used

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Unfortunately for those who bought a new freestyle they depreciate like crazy. But for those of use looking at used cars the freestyle might be the best bargain on the road. I have three kids and was in a focus wagon so I needed more room. Wife hates minivans and SUV's guzzle too much gas. We loved the freestyle and were able to pick up a 2006SE with 16,700 for $15888.00. It still has 20,000 miles on the warrenty. It doesn't have a lot of frills, but it is functional, roomy, safe, and affordable. If you need to seat 5-7 and you are on a budget this is the car for you. (If you buy a used one). Just scan the internet and there are bargains everywhere. I traveled 150 miles but saved $2,000 over the local ford dealers price. Our second choice was the Mazda5. It came with more bells and whistles, but was too small after 3 years in a focus wagon."

Truly great AWD SUV that seats 6/7 and 30mpg!

By on Saturday, February 8, 2014

Pros: "Worry free, dependable, good MPG, seats 6/7"

Cons: "Back brake pads wear to quickly at 50k miles"

"Has been a fantastic car for our family of 6. Don't believe any negative you may hear about the Freestyle (now called Taurus X) as the biggest problems Ford had with them (transmission) affected less than 1% of them sold. Mine was one of that 1% affect at about 50k miles and Ford fixed the issue (replced transmission) in a week (no cost to me and provided loaner) and we have had no problems for the last 30k miles. Our family of 6 travels 3 to 4 times a year over the Smokie Mountains with the car loaded down for the past 5 years and never had any issues. The AWD is fantastic in the Midwest and Northest snow and ice and not even noticble when in dry hot conditions. Only negative at all has been the back brake pads wear out sooner than I feel they should needing replaced about every 50k miles."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Freestyle near Honolulu. See local deals