ZIP code

1999 Chrysler 300

Based on 440 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Has treated me very well over the 12 years.

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"You always hear about lemons and the lemon law. Well, believe this particular car was just the reverse. This is a heavy well riding vehicle that unbelievably gets 27 MPG. The only work I have had to do on this vehicle since 2001 was to have the transmission rebuilt due to me getting stuck in a snow bank and rocking the car to dislodge. The car is a v-6 with great power. Other than the ride and gas mileage, my 3rd favorite aspect of the car is the seat heater! Currently, at times, when the key is turned to start the car, nothing happens. Not sure if its linkage from the transmission, has to be in park for the starter to work, or the switch is going bad. Other than that, this car has treated me very well. I just purchased a 2003 Acura that has all the bells and whistles from a relative to go along with our 2010 Toyota Camry. Will probably sell or donate the Chrysler to charity in the Spring. Due to the mileage, probably wouldn't recommend this car to a friend."

Best Ride...I'm in love with this 300M

By on Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pros: "Fun and relaxing car to drive"

Cons: "No front end bumper"

"I drive 80 miles round-trip to work. The 300M is a comfortable car to relax and drive. If you want to enjoy a sporty drive it's got that, too. It handles curves and corners like a champ. I drive in various conditions: snow, sleet, rain. etc. and I have always felt safe behind the wheel. The audio controls are on the steering wheel which is very helpful. Plenty of room for 5 adult passengers."

Nice looking car but quality could be better...

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "luxury features, very spacious, smooth ride"

Cons: "mediocre quality and reliability"

"I bought this car used in 2009 with only 50,000 miles, now I have 88,000. I used to have a 1999 Honda Accord and wanted to move up to a more luxurious car. I do like that it has all the bells and whistles, plus I like the style but the level of quality has let me down...lots of little things like plastic pieces breaking off, squeaky seat springs, etc. Plus it burns oil. Maybe I was spoiled by the Honda?"

A Great Car For the Money

By on Friday, April 9, 2010

"I liked this car so much, I replaced the '00 I'd owned for 6 years with a '99 after being rear-ended a little over a year ago! I've had this one for a year now and have only small concerns as it's now showing signs of age. The plusses: All the bells and whistles I could ask for. Since I have no trouble parallel parking, I don't need the side mirror assist that comes with some models. But it's a solid, roomy, comfortable, BEAUTIFUL automobile! Far from "cookie-cutter" styling, it's loaded with the interior size and creature comforts of cars costing much more. It's strong on the highway while being rather economical from a fuel standpoint. Anonymously, I average around 70-80mph sailing down the interstate and get 26-27mpg. The minuses: If you like to work on your own car, this car is not the one. Something as simple as changing the battery is a real chore (the front wheel need to be removed so you can access the battery thru the wheel well!). That which was once simple will cost you hours in labor at your local repair shop (i.e. changing a thermostat). Parts are costly too, but there's a fair amount of these in the salvage yards if you really want a break on the prices. I know a lot of newer cars have these same issues, but they seem more pronounced with this car. However, if you're the type to stay on top of maintenence, you should be ok. All and all, a great car for those that still beckon to the days when cars had SIZE, although this car is not as big as it seems!"

247,000 great miles

By on Saturday, October 24, 2009

"I bought the car new and have driven it almost a quarter of a million miles. It has been a wonderful, comfortable, good looking car. The paint is in excellent shape as is the leather interior. The best mileage I ever got was 27.1 mpg at a constant 75mph for 350+miles without stopping. This year I decided it was time to trade, and, failing to find anything new that I cared for, I bought a 2004 Special 300M with 19,500 miles. I'm having fun getting used to the extra stiff suspension of the Speccial edition and the extra torque from the lower gears."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler 300 near Honolulu. See local deals