ZIP code

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier

7.9

Based on 1707 Ratings for the 1995 - 2005 models.

256,000 miles and she is just now starting to go!

By on Monday, March 4, 2013

Pros: "Reliable car"

Cons: "Not a looker"

"I drove my 2002 Chevy Cavalier off the dealer’s lot with just three miles on it. Eleven years later, she is just now starting to show signs of wear and tear, although the exterior has been sporting rust for the last five. If I could, I would drop the money for repairs to keep this car going because it has been a champ, but the $1000+ fixes are probably better spent on a down payment for a new ride. That said, this car needs major work (for the first time ever), and yet it still hasn’t left me stranded when I am out and about. I will be sorry to see it go."

Good commute car for an average person on the go.

By on Saturday, October 22, 2016

Reason: It was hit.

Pros: "A breeze to park. Good on gas. Easy to work on."

Cons: "Not smoker/drinker friendly."

"The front end of the car kept an alignment better than most. It didn't squeeze you up like other small cars. It was good on gas. Parts were a DIY dream on how easy it was to work on the car. Lots of room under the hood. The trunk was big for a small car. Even more if you drop the back seats for cargo things. It needed a better gear ratio in the trans for on the fly acceleration. It needed a smaller turning ratio for U-turns. It slides all over the road in bad wet weather braking. The front lights could be brighter and so could the interior light. The ashtray and the cupholder and the air vent locations needed to be re-thought. In fact, let a smoker and a drinker get together for a redesign of the middle consul. The sound system and heat/air are excellent."

Runs like a champ

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "Great first, safe car."

Cons: "Paint"

"This car has to many new parts to list. There is nothing wrong with this car besides the cheap, peeling GM paint that is fading. A couple dins here but the car starts and runs like a champ."

EXCELLENT CAR

By on Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pros: "Fast, reliable, economic on gas. Good engine."

Cons: "cheap materials on the interior's finishes."

"Aside of the regular maintenance, this car needs nothing. It is Fast and cheap on gas. It can makes 23 MPG in the city and 32 MPG on the highway. The only regrettable thing about this car is the low quality of the dashboard's plastics and the upholstery. Other than that is one of the best cars I ever have."

the little champ

By on Thursday, November 7, 2013

Reason: trans fail

Pros: "simple, yet will last a long time"

Cons: "cardboard thick seats, no overdrive"

"I bought this car a few years back with 150,000 miles for a good price. not too much in the way of amenities and my wife (then girlfriend) was the main driver. it had a few minor issues here and there... mainly a sensor that made the car run rough and drink gas. (three shops could not fix it from previous owner) I found that it was actually a ground problem and fixed it. after that the car ran great though driving between california and washington on long drives wasn't really comfortable as the seats were unforgiving. overall she drove everywhere in it and it had enough cargo room for what we needed. overdrive was something to be desired but the 2.2 was a little powerhouse and outlived the car. the transmission finally gave up the ghost at 230,000 miles. It lived a good life and was a little champ"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Cavalier near Honolulu. See local deals