2013 BMW X1

Based on 58 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Made for Me

By on Monday, October 3, 2016

Pros: "Fits my height, blast to drive, really pretty"

Cons: "alert system takes over the display, distracting"

"I was looking to get off the ground and into something with a higher profile as I'm getting older. I had my eye on several of the smaller SUV's. Enter Passive Neck Restraint. Or as I call it Passive/Aggressive Neck restraint. I never test drove any of the cars I looked at because as soon as I sat in them, my head was forced into an unnatural position with no possibility of adjustment. After "trying on" all the American options, went to the Japanese options, nothing fit. On a whim, stopped at the BMW dealership and fell in love with the Midnight Metallic Blue X1. And it fit, like it was made for me. Test drive took my breath away. I bought it the next weekend. I've had it a year now and the only negative thing I can say about it is that it is picky about tire pressure (every change of seasons I have a 4 wheel low tire pressure event). I don't mind being reminded to check the pressure and adjust as needed, it's just that the indicator takes over the display and is extremely distracting - so obviously I take care of it right away. I've driven this vehicle freeway, back roads, dirt roads - in slow traffic. I've let it go in sport mode and had it handle superbly at every speed. I love every part of the experience. The ride is not mushy, this is not your grandma's car. It is a car that let's you drive it. Again, love, love, love it. Will probably keep it least as long as my last car (16 years) because it's unlikely I'll find something that pleases me as much as this one does."

Worse car ever!!

By on Tuesday, July 26, 2016

"This was the worse experience I've ever had with a car. Two major recalls, which were never really resolved. Seat material very poor quality, electrical system screwed up and the car will lock with the keys inside. The service department was great, but they simply had rubbish to work with."

Low value proposition - Road & Track

By on Saturday, July 9, 2016

Pros: "Peppy, looks great, BMW chasis a blast to drive"

Cons: "Cramped, more wagon than SUV"

"Great BMW experience. No issues in two and a half years of ownership. Love the looks and driving dynamics. Electronic steering and shifter took some time to get used to. As did the start/stop option. I swear the Eco-Pro works great on long trips. Road & Track magazine called it a "low value proposition." Understandably so, since it is tiny inside. It is after all an entry level BMW, but the wife loves it and that's all that matters. Still have mixed feelings vs. the redesigned for 2016."

Best car for the value

By on Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Pros: "Excellent gas mileage, posh ride, premium stereo"

Cons: "Premium gas always 93 or higher"

"I have owned 3 Volvos then switched to the BMW X1. For value and ride it is outstanding. Yes premium gas, but YES it squeezes every drop out. Quiet, smooth outstanding handling. It is just the absolute best car with BMW class and luxury. Totally love this car...you should too!"

From Mid-size car to a compact SAV

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive , Great Fuel Economy, X-drive"

Cons: "Add-on Cup holders, No power liftgate"

"I've recently purchase a leftover 2013 BMW X1 28i model and have driven just over 500 miles. I loving this SAV every moment. Making the transition from a 2010 nissan altima to this BMW entry level SAV consist of a lot research with pro and cons. First, hats off to the BMW engineers for designing a 4 cylinder engine with so much power (go Turbo) at a low range of the RPM band, this is one of the reasons I purchase this car. In addition to the X-drive and the fuel saving with the ECO-Pro. Which, so far, I get about 26-27 mpg in city driving and 30 -33 mpg highway. The interior is classic BMW, it's a spartan design. If you don't like a spartan design, do not purchase this crossover. Speaking of crossover, BMW is one of the first manufacturer's in this segment. So, of course, during my research many automotive reviewers compare this car to Range Rover Evoque. I disagree, the SAV competitors are Infiniti EX-50 or the Audi Allroad. The design intent for these competitors are the same, small package, light offroad capabilities (i.e. dirt, snow) and increase cargo area. The BMW x1 interior is great, especially with the panoramic moonroof. This is give the SAV a very open feel. The seats are firm , but comfortable. The automatic shifter takes a little time to get use too, but after a couple trips around block it becomes second nature. The 40/20/40 rear seats give you alot of flexibility, but with a small car, the legroom is compromised. It's not as bad as you may think. The Infiniti ex-50 rear legroom is almost non-existent. The X1 is comparable to the Audi allroad, with a slight advantage to the allroad due to the overall length. I've X1 without the idrive, which I am glad I did , because with the USB connector near the shifter, I can plug-in my iphone 5 and perform a number of tasks - play and control my music, plus run the navigation app (Maps or Google maps) and get turn by turn directions, while listening to my music. You'll save yourself $2,500 but you will not get the rear view camera. BTW - the 8 speakers, 180 watts sound system sounds great. Dare I say better than a nissan altima bose system ..hmmm! The add-on cupholder is really tacky. How could the BMW engineers executed and build a well-designed engine, but couldn't design a place for the second cupholder - come'on guys! At this price range - that was seriously discouraging. There are a few minor dislikes (i.e. no power liftgate, radio controls -multiple steps, run-flat tires - expensive ) but after assessing the pro and cons, I had to review the whole package. The 4 years/50,000 free maintenance, BMW assist, warranty and other perks made this a compelling purchase into a luxury brand. Transiting from a mid-size to a compact SAV was not a easy decision, but a long day -this commuter has a smile on this face when he hit the gas pedal."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X1 near Honolulu. See local deals