2009 Volvo XC90

7.7

Based on 453 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

2.5T is a Great SUV

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "Handling, Looks, Safety"

Cons: "Rear Seat Comfort (for over 6 ft), So many around"

"I have a 2004 XC90 2.5T with 94,000 miles. This was my first Volvo and it has made me a life time Volvo buyer. Perfect blend of space,price,luxury, and reliability, not bad gas mileage either. I know the T6 model has transmission issues, but if you get or have the 2.5T you should have no problems. Went from a Lexus to this SUV and am impressed by everything about the XC90 and Volvo brand, including amazing customer service at my local dealership. If you are in the market for one, make sure it's been well taken care of, but if you find a good example, snatch it up."

worst car ever

By on Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"Bought the car brand new. Loved it at first. Had to replace the transmission right after the warranty expired. Now it needs a new steering rack, brake column, and major computer problems. $4000 in repairs on top of what I have already spent. I have never had a car with this many problems and have never had to have a car towed. I thought Volvos were suppose to last. Good bye Volvo, I will never own another one."

Hate my Volvo!

By on Thursday, May 29, 2008

"I've had my XC90 three years and can't wait to turn it in at the end of my lease! Nothing but problems. The worst is the awful smelling A/C. It smells like feet! I've had it in to the dealer at least 6 or 7 times to have the A/C system flushed and deodorized and whatever else they do. Finally, when the smell went from smelly feet to a urine smell so bad that I couldn't use the a/c at all in an Arizona summer, they replaced the entire system and admitted that Volvos are prone to developing mold in the a/c. That fix worked for about 6 months and now the smell is back. Other problems: very noisy tires that were eventually recalled and had to be replaced (only partially paid for by Volvo), windows that don't work, Homelink doesn't work, clogged washer fluid, lots of electrical issues and false service warnings. I've been to the dealer so many times for so many little things. Other complaints: not enough leg room in second row, hard to get to 3rd row, terrible gas mileage. There has to be a better SUV out there for the money!"

Volvo XC 90 2.5T AWD

By on Thursday, September 20, 2007

"The Pros...Good fuel economy for an SUV, comfortable ride, etc. The split hatch is fantastic. Safety is top notch. Cons...Tires needed to be replaced at 20k miles and are expensive. Car has been in shop for multiple recalls/repairs. Unsure as to keeping the SUV? Issues with brakes that keep on recurring. Overall... worried post warranty...."

can`t wait to get rid of it!

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"This vehicle (all wheele drive) burns thru tires like it burns thru gas! I expected better quality from a $50,000 car. I`ve had the gas fill door fall off. seat control plastic nobs break. And most recently - the transmission went - after only 70,000 miles. With POOR service on the part of Volvo - despite extended warranty!"