2008 Volvo XC90

7.7

Based on 453 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

what a car

By on Friday, February 15, 2008

"I traded a full size Chevy SUV in on our Volvo and I have found the interior and the functionality of the car to be odd at best. The gas mileage is worse that the Chevy and there is not any room in the car. The 3rd row set is too small even for my 9 year old. I have been trying to trade the car in for the past 6 months, but is has lost approxiamtely 45% of it's value...so I will be stuck with the car for a number of years. To end o a positive note; the ride and quality of workmenship are superior. Our other car is a BMW and I would say the Volvo's quality is even higher."

Safety?

By on Thursday, November 29, 2007

"I've had my xc90 for 3 years, and can't wait to get rid of it...how can a company claim such high safety standards when I've had several problems in such a short time. First off, the non-recall from Volvo regarding the ty-rods and ball joints, caused an unpleasant driving experience for months. Second, a faulty airbag in front passenger seat. Third, needed new tires and brake pads after 17k!!! What!!! No hard driving at all! The suv continues to make "weird" noises everytime you steer...simply put, my wife and I just don't feel safe with our two kids in this car! We were very excited to get this car...now very disappointed we wasted money on it...beware!"

I miss my VW Touareg

By on Sunday, November 4, 2007

"My 2007 XC90 is a nice vehicle, however, it lacks the small niceties of my previously owned 2004 VW Touareg. Doors do not automatically unlock, interior temperature in the XC90 is not stable, wipers are difficult to undrstand and are very sensitive (especially the rear wiper), did not get the optional compass (thought it would be standard on such a pricey vehicle), many rattles in the standard child booster seat that the dealer cannot fix. I am considering trading the XC90 for another Touareg but at this point would take a big loss on my 2007 XC90."

Great XC90

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"We've owned this car for a year and love it. it's our first Volvo but won't be our last. We traded a Ford Expedition for it. We were concerned that we wouldn't like the size difference but its been okay. We average 22 mpg and the 5 cyl. turbo has plenty of power. Definitely Recommend!"

have enjoyed this car for over 10 years and still

By on Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pros: "lots of power"

Cons: "useless center armrest"

"going strong. will buy another one. wish it was about 2" higher in the back."

One of the best SUV's i have driven.

By on Tuesday, May 6, 2014

"VOLVO QUALITY AND SAFETY. SPORTS CAR SPEED AND HANDLING. FOR THE PRICE YOU CAN NOT BEAT THE SAFETY AND RELIABILITY OF THIS VEHICLE. VOLVO SAFETY SPORTS CAR POWER AND SPEED. ACCLERATION IS FANTASTIC AND ALL WHEEL DRIVE LETS YOU HANDLE CORNERS FLAWLESSY."

I LOVE IT!

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "comfy, fast (V8), flashy, safe"

Cons: "gas guzzler (V8)"

"Best SUV yet. Iv'e leased a BMW X5 and had a Caddy Escalade and this one takes the cake. I've had it 2.5 years now and the only real problem was a stuck ignition tumbler. Got the car back in two days, volvo transported to dealer for free. Lots of room, xenon lights and V8 are great. Very comfy seats. I do hear a little noise in the front end but same noise with BMW, as these are very heavy SUVs that are driven aggressively. I have the 20 inch rims and quad tailpipes this SUV smokes most others! Im looking to buy a C70 as my second car."

Super fun family car

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cons: "Use of 3rd row seats leaves small cargo space"

"This SUV drives like a sedan, short turning radius and good gas mileage. I am short, and appreciate all the power adjustments on the drivers seat. We shuttle our three sons friends to lots practices with just enough room for six lacrosse players and their gear bags. We have taken several long road trips in this car and it is quite comfortable. We did not get the built in DVD player or heated seats, and those are two things I would get in my next Volvo. This car is very reliable and I plan on driving it for another 100,000 miles!"

Love this car

By on Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, safety, and comfort"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I own the 2006 XC90 and love it. I have not had any of the mechanical difficulties that I have seen in the reviews. It's been on 2 cross country road trips and daily commutes on a tough Bay Area freeway. It still looks new, my only complaint is I wish it had better gas mileage; wish Volvo would consider hybrids."

QUALITY

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "SAFE, COMFORTABLE, AND TIMELESS DESIGN."

Cons: "22 MILES PER GALLON ON THE FREEWAY."

"WE PURCHASED THIS VEHICLE AS A SERVICE LOANER. VERY LOW MILES. IT NOW HAS 54,000 MILES. IF IT GOT GREAT MILEAGE, IT WOULD BE THE PERFECT CAR.......:)"

Safety!!!! This car is "Safety".

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "Got to pick it up in Sweeden for free!!!"

"We have owned this car since 2005. It has been great. Wife with child was hit on the passenger side and there is nothing I can say negative about this vehicle. They were both perfectly fine. It was like a tank! The car was hit on the front right tire and the Honda Civic that hit it was totaled. Our XC90 was fixed in 3 weeks and all was great! All I can say is that knowing that my family is in this vehicle I am left at ease because I know that they are safe."

Great car, but for mileage

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

"Like my previous Volvo, this car is very reliable, comfortable on long trips, easy to handle, safe in lousy weather, and feels solid. I trust this car to deal safely with whatever happens on the road. I do find that I cannot rely just on the side and rearview mirrors to be sure no one is in the lane next to me. The blind spot is big. Yes, I'll buy another Volvo."

Money pit

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Reason: Money pit

Pros: "Fun to drive and comfortable for front row"

Cons: "Poor quality, cramped passenger space"

"I owned a 2004 and bought new with the plan of driving it until the wheels fell off. I have had to replace/repair ECU, cruise control, brakes"

This is a Sold, Safe vehicle. Very Reliability

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Solid car, right size SUV Not to big, not to small"

Cons: "Love it"

"This is my favorite vehicle. I liked it so much I have bought a second one. Same year, same model for my wife. Highly recommend!"

I have to say I love it

By on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Ok I love it, I like how it looks and handles. I have the 2.5 because I did not want the headache of the tranny issues with the other model. But it has some issues,..like brakes. My back caliper has sealed up, but hey doesn't every car need repairs,..we are talking at 125000. It is comfortable, stylish and smooth riding. My complaints,..they could have done better in placement of the cup holder. My favorite thing,..it sure is pretty and the sound system amazing, oh wait and did I mention how pretty it was and the ride,..smooth."

Finally selling XC90

By on Friday, September 17, 2010

"Really good, reliable, well made and designed. Excellent power and handling for SUV. Only drawback is it's thirsty."

Good Relationship

By on Sunday, August 22, 2010

"We ordered this vehicle just as the first XC90s were hitting US shores. I've put 100K miles on mine including pulling speed boats and a trailor full of college kid stuff a lot and over mountain passes. It's a very stable vehicle even when pulling trailors. Like most 'sport' SUVs the transmission set up is suspect and with the way we used it we were fortunate and got 100,000 miles out of the first transmission. The low points - gas economy is not good (Volvos are built stout and heavy) and some of the 1st year interior pieces need better fit and durability. (I've noticed most of those 'fixed' in subsequent years.)"

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The best car I've owned

By on Monday, August 16, 2010

"This rig has been a very solid performer. In the 7 years I've owned it, I've replaced the front brake pads, the PCV valve and a turbo induction hose. Other wise, average 17 mpg, up to 24-36 mpg on the freeway. The car is very comfortable, but not a performance machine. The interior is spacious. I wish it had more power outlets, including a 120V outlet. It's a wonderful snow machine, and grips insanely well with my Nokian WG2 SUV tires."

By on Tuesday, June 15, 2010

2004 many expensive repairs

By on Thursday, May 6, 2010

"My 2004 XC90 has 115,000 miles on it & I spend $3000-$5000/yr in repairs. The roof drains clog (I don't have a garage) & flood the car. The last time this happened it damaged the antiskid sensor($700). The engine is burning oil & has a limited life span. The seat cushion seams are splitting. I just received another $2500 quote for rear brakes & to replace the steering arm which is failing. This after more than $2000 for inspection. It's a comfortable & safe car for my family, but the gas mileage is only fair. This is my 4th Volvo & I'm afraid they have lost me as a customer."

LOVE THIS SUV!

By on Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"I bought my 2004 XC90 used in 2006. I have over 115K miles on it, and have only had to do routine maintenance on it. No repairs. I am happy with the performance, the quality, and the reliability. The only cons I have are that the maintenance costs are high, and the trim around the windows has "faded/fogged"."

2005 XC90

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

"We have had problems with steering, front end noises and brakes dragging from the beginning. It seems the service center uses some silicon to stop the noises on the front end but predictably the noises always return when turning into a parking slot. I would NOT buy another. The safetly features are great. The ride is OK. It is not very comfortable on long trips. The head rests are anoyingly pushing your head forward all the time."

Brakes wear quickly

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"Although the brakes on this vehicle are excellent, they wear quickly and the rotors need to be replaced at about 20K miles. They cannot be serviced...they must be replaced. This cost me $600 for the one pair. Additionally, because the weight of the vehicle is so heavy, the alignment goes out easily and can cause quick wear of the tires. So, be prepared to check the alignment often. Other than that, the vehicle is awesome. We have the V8 and it handles great. Gas mileage is not too bad for an SUV."

Second Time Was A Charm.

By on Sunday, February 8, 2009

"After a bad experience with a particular '05 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD (an electrical problem in the ignition that couldn't be fixed by the dealership over a six month period), I upgraded to an '08 V8 AWD model with the Executive Package. No regrets, people!... it was worth giving Volvo a second chance. The V8 is amazing. Smooth, powerful, and very efficient... gets the same gas mileage as my T6. We travel almost every weekend and the XC90 easily accommodates two adults, a large dog, and all of our stuff with room to spare. And, its tough to top Volvo's commitment to safety. For a large vehicle, it is surprisingly sporty feeling, and aolid."