2007 Volvo XC90

7.7

Based on 453 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

04 T6 Solid

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"I am a multiple SUV owner and this the best one so far. Regular maintenance and a new set of tires after 29K is all it has taken. I just upgraded the tires to 255/65/18 and it just happens that is what is coming on the new rigs. I just drove it across the country with 2700 miles in five days without a single issue. Installed and aftermarket 10" DVD and my daughter asked if she could have the car when she grew up. I will get the V8 next now that the turbo has been discontinued."

Wouldn't do it again

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"Back to the shop for clunking in the front end at least 3x. They don't hear it, claim I need new tires, with only 21000 miles on them. No help from volvo, dealer or manuf.. I guess it should be expected that the tires don't last. Very expensive item to replace annually"

Bullit Proof

By on Sunday, August 5, 2007

"I bought my XC90 AWD new in 2004. I have had zero problems in 40,000 miles. The car is very comfortable on long trips and I feel ultra safe in the car. The stying is great and the packaging and use of space is very good. Even the third row seats are not bad for short trips for adults and my teenagers still fit. I have the base 2.5 turbo charged motor and the power is adequate, but I did not buy the vehicle for it's acceleration times. The sound of the engine leaves a little to be desired but reliability has been great. In the snow the vehicle has been very good... unstoppable so far. So far, a satisfied owner."

First Volvo

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"This is my first Volvo, bought it sight unseen. Never even been in a XC90 before. Bought it for the safety record. Handles well, nice interior, sharp exterior. They say the V8 has some gitty up, so far the smaller turbo engine has plenty of go for me. I have yet to tow anything, we will see what it can do with some snowmobiles behind it. Solid truck, will continue to buy Volvo."

Would buy it again.

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "reliable, fun to drive, stylish"

Cons: "can't think of any!"

"I've had my 2006 XC90 for three years. I bought it as a certified used car with 28K miles on it. It has been a gem. I have two small children and this car is the perfect Mom-mobile. Large enough to haul a couple of extra kids, a ginormous dog, and a load of groceries but small enough to be fairly fuel efficient. My husband recently closed a few deals leaving us with a nice chunk of change and he offered to buy me a new vehicle in the 35-50K price range and I really can't think of a reason to get rid of my XC90. I have the service records from the previous owner and between the two of us we have never had to do anything more than regular maintenence on this vehicle. This is my 3rd Volvo and I am a devoted buyer after our first saved my husband's life. If you are looking for a luxury vehicle that won't cost you an arm and a leg to maintain and will look good for years to come then the XC90 is for you."

Do your home work first!

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "Great styling"

Cons: "very high total cost of ownership"

"I love the styling of the XC90 and the performance is great. Long road trips are a pleasure and the seats are comfy. I think there could be more storage in the arm rest. However, when this vehicle goes to the shop (and it will) be prepared to fork out some cash. My XC90 has 83k miles and the transmission shift valve went out. The vehicle was shifting too soon which made it jerk at low speeds. This was a $3500 repair and I have completely lost my confidence in this vehicle. When my warranty for the work has expired I am trading this thing back in and getting a Toyota."

Best Family Vehicle I have owned

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "Handles well, solid driving experience."

Cons: "Would like to have factory tinted windows in the driver and passenger side of the cabin."

"I bought this from the dealer in Seoul, drove it around South Korea for two years before shipping it to the States. Great car, very solid, handles well, especially in inclimate weather. I like driving on long trips, the XC90 cruises effortlessly at highway speeds, you don't feel the road as you cruise along. I recommend this particular to anyone concerned with safety as well as performance."

transmission gone

By on Thursday, November 18, 2010

"Have v8 xc90 90k miles. transmission shot and cant by parts. Volvov only warrenties 50k miles. Have to spend 5k to replace whole transmission. Also brakes go quickly and need replaced frequently."

By on Friday, October 22, 2010

"Volvo for life, means you'll find much more driver and passenger friendly features with top of the line quality most consumers says volvo parts expensive parts actually cheaper because lasts longer .... driving one it's not enought you need to own one..."

I love my car!

By on Friday, September 24, 2010

"I love my 2005 XC 90 V-8. It is fun to drive, safe as can be, has tons of get up & go and it is beautiful. I hope to never have another vehicle and if I do it would be another XC 90."

classic comfort

By on Monday, September 13, 2010

"bought this car in 09, haven't regretted it since. very reliable, great highway car, comfortable and safe. decent gas mileage for the size (22 highway)"

Maybe I bought a lemon

By on Friday, June 11, 2010

"I loved drivng this car but hated having it serviced for defects monthly. From the moment I drove it off the lot I had problems with the radio. I think they replaced over $2500 in waranty parts just in the radio system. I also had 2 recals on the vehicle. I had to replace tires at 11,000 miles and then again around 40,000. I also replaced the brakes and rotars twice I believe. One positive part, volvo customer service is exceptional. It was hard to be angry when you reached the dealreship because they were wonderful to us every time!Sadly, I traded the car in because something went wrong with the engine at 67,000 and I just could not chance any more issues.My girlfriend has the same car but a newer model and loves her car and has little issues with it. I think maybe I was just unfortunate and got a car that had issues."

Its Plush

By on Saturday, April 24, 2010

"I have the 2008 V8 AWD. I bought this car used with 700 miles on it. I have 30K miles on it now. It has four 1.5K road trips under its belt. The huge trunk space has been great, seems like the most in its class. I love the feel of the V8. I've driven the T6, it has nice acceleration but the weight of this vehicle needs more HP. I have had some emissions problems with certain gas, mostly from speciality fuels from Shell, BP, etc. The engine light would come on after filling up on these, and it normally would shut off after the fuel was spent. Even after the emissions gauge was replaced after being found faulty. I've learned to stick with the cheap stuff now. I probably need to replace tires on the next trip to the shop (in line with other reviews here). Gas mileage is averaging 19 MPG with my highway/city mix being 60/40, and I have a heavy foot. The front row seats are very comfortable for long trips. The overall feel is that you are driving a plush, marshmallow thats built like a tank. It reminds me of the JEEP Grand Cherokee that my parents had in the 90's. The XC90's dated trim still stands out from other mid-size SUVs on the road today, because of it's smaller market I guess. As a used car I think its a wise investment, the price of a new one is a bit much, as it loses almost 1/4 of its worth in 2 years. That's why I give it 3 stars for "Value." I'll miss it when I have to replace it one day. I like the VOLVO make so much that I recently traded my JEEP Wrangler for a used S40 for my daily commuting car."

disapointed

By on Thursday, January 28, 2010

"After looking for what seemed forever for a dream car I found it. Now that dream has died, this particular model has several documented cases of needing a new transmission along with several other things. My car had 55,000 miles and lo and behold it needed the work done. Volvo did pay for it but it is not garunteed that it won't ahppen again and after I researced it I found it to be true. Do NOT buy this YEAR or T6 Modle you will be disapointed."

Great car, but tough on tires

By on Sunday, December 20, 2009

"This is my first volvo and would definitely buy another one. The only negative is that this car is heavy and tough on tires. Our car has 55,000 miles and on just put our 3rd set of tires on."

Solid family vehicle

By on Saturday, November 14, 2009

"Our third volvo wagon and the best yet. It is thirsty but offers a great drive."

Faithful servant

By on Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"My 2003 XC 90 has done a great job at 20,000 miles per year. Only failure a fuel pump."

Worst Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, September 11, 2009

"Where do I start? Tires replaced 36k and 72k, stayed away from oe due to the soft treadwear replaced with Goodyear tires with better treadwear but are really sloppy, blocked channels in sunroof that caused water damage to sensors in floor boards, master cyclinder in brakes went (had no brakes while driving, volvo prides itself on safety, hmmm...), transmission dead at 70k. Highly recommend Volvo roadside assistance and extended warranty with labor rate at $120/hr plus cost of repairs. Would NEVER buy a volvo again or first year model of any brand. Had a Ford Explorer for 10 years with no problems."

WOULD NOT BUY AGAIN!

By on Saturday, August 29, 2009

"We have owned this SUV for 3 years, and have had nothing but problems with it from the start. Would not buy any other car from Volvo at the rate this car falls apart."

Love it

By on Sunday, June 28, 2009

"I had always wanted an xc90 since the first time I saw one at an auto show. Finally had a chance to buy an 05. It survived a winter accident in which both the car and the truck that hit me were totalled-mine was the only repairable. Am thinking of trading in for a new one now that warranty is up-Volvos are notorious for pricey, extensive repairs."

Have enjoyed this car.

By on Monday, January 19, 2009

"This is the second Volvo I have owned. More comfortable then the station wagon. Nice style. I feel good driving kids to school or valet parking at a fancy hotel. My kids love this car. Now that they are teenagers, the extra seats in the back (#6 & #7 seats) are too small for them to take rides that last more then a few miles. Overall, I can fit all my groceries & all the other stuff one needs to cart back & forth. I would not get another vechicle, but I do not fill comfortable pulling 2 horses around.I feel safe in rain, snow or winds. I recommend this card to families."

Not Worth the Money

By on Sunday, January 18, 2009

"These cars are comfortable, stylish and safe but....... the tires were shot by 12K miles (there goes $700.00), brakes were shot by 20K (there goes $500), stereo picks up 1/2 the local stations, A/C is inadequate for Texas heat and the 5 cylinder engine gets about the same gas mileage as my Suburban with half the power. If your going to spend 45K for a SUV, there are better options out there."

3 Years and running well

By on Saturday, March 29, 2008

"I bought my 05 XC90 new from the dealer. Only 2 minor problems, 1) the radio control switches on the steering wheel required replacement at 1 year as the radio had a "mind of its own". 2) the drivers seat had a defective raise and lower switch. I only have 20K miles on it and the dealer informed me the tires are nearing replacement during the annual state safety inspection. I have read about many other owners having to replace tires early on theis vehicle...so be ready for that expense every 20-22K miles. It has been a great car and I recommend it to others. PS..my wife loves it also and the styling and fit and finish inside and out are exceptional!"

what a car

By on Friday, February 15, 2008

"I traded a full size Chevy SUV in on our Volvo and I have found the interior and the functionality of the car to be odd at best. The gas mileage is worse that the Chevy and there is not any room in the car. The 3rd row set is too small even for my 9 year old. I have been trying to trade the car in for the past 6 months, but is has lost approxiamtely 45% of it's value...so I will be stuck with the car for a number of years. To end o a positive note; the ride and quality of workmenship are superior. Our other car is a BMW and I would say the Volvo's quality is even higher."

Safety?

By on Thursday, November 29, 2007

"I've had my xc90 for 3 years, and can't wait to get rid of it...how can a company claim such high safety standards when I've had several problems in such a short time. First off, the non-recall from Volvo regarding the ty-rods and ball joints, caused an unpleasant driving experience for months. Second, a faulty airbag in front passenger seat. Third, needed new tires and brake pads after 17k!!! What!!! No hard driving at all! The suv continues to make "weird" noises everytime you steer...simply put, my wife and I just don't feel safe with our two kids in this car! We were very excited to get this car...now very disappointed we wasted money on it...beware!"