2006 Volvo XC90

7.7

Based on 453 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

Great SUV

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "safe, good mpg, rides well"

Cons: "the interior needs a refresh, same since 2006"

"great suv for the family. its smaller but still can hold 7. gets 20mpg consistently. very safe. rides like a car with a little exception on turns because it's so heavy. I do wish they'd update the interior in the new ones. This model is due for a upgrade so you can get the normal technology stuff you can in almost every other SUV on the market. For 2007 is was great."

Not flashy, repairs a must, but a fun ride

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Costs less than competitors in market"

Cons: "Lots of repairs, lots"

"My 2003 has 130,000 miles and it's still going on its second transmission (replaced at 65K for @$6,000). I get the oil changed when I need to and make sure to get it serviced when it tells me to. I drive almost 100 miles to and from work, round trip and the XC90 is smooth and comfortable. However, it's starting to show its age. The air freezes up frequently and I've had to make minor repairs a lot more often it seems. Last year the navigation system went kaput and its way too expensive to replace. I don't know if I'd buy one again, but I'd think about it."

GREAT car

By on Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"GREAT car. Family of 5 fits easily with 2 more seats in the back and room for luggage. Drives super smooth. Great engine. Great quality. Never had any issues even after 65,000 miles"

Best Car I've Ever Owned

By on Thursday, November 5, 2009

"I absolutely love my Volvo XC90 with a V8. This car has so much power yet not with a huge gasoline price tag. I would highly recommend this SUV to anyone looking for a classy car with get up and go power."

Tons of problems

By on Monday, January 12, 2009

"I was sold on this car when I rode it in the dealership, but soon after it has been nothing but problems. It was a used car that fell out of warranty while I had it and I should have bought the extended warranty. Instead, I have spent about $6K in the year and a half that I've owned it. The last time it was in the shop was for a full transmission overhaul that was priced out at $7K for me, but the dealership called Volvo Inc for us and got them to comp the parts ($4,500) because they thought the parts were faulty. We shouldn't have to overhaul the transmission at 70K miles. Still had to pay $2500 for the service though. On top of that, the residual value of the car has plummeted, and I'm upside down on the car - otherwise I would have just sold it. Kudos to our great local dealership, but I wouldn't buy again."