2004 Volvo XC90

7.7

Based on 453 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

Amazing in Snow

By on Sunday, October 12, 2008

"Buy this Vehicle for your family's safety if you live in the snow or ice. Three blizzards in Colorado, towed our Volvo S60 R to California over 14,000 foot Rockies, after 81,000 miles the car is still going strong. Buy the extended warrentee: many repairs needed cost only $100 per deductable. Two engine mounts, propeller shaft (drive shaft), new rack & Pinion Steering. Gyroscope under driver's seat is amazing and the STC sensors on the wheels. The result: it is impossible to put this car into a skid in snow. . . believe me I tried. The antio skid system puts the right amount of braking and reduced the engine power to straighten out the car! During one of the three Blizzards of 2006/2007 we passed dozens of stranded cars, trucks, and even a police officer stuck at an intersection. Get studless snow tires with ground up Walnut Shells (Blizex) and it stops even on black ice! Amazing. Now we live in California and enjoy sun every day and our 7 month old has plenty of room for her car seat and baby equipment. Bottom line: great car, some repairs needed, but I was surprised to see all of the people's complaints about repairs -- just like humans cars need a little investment. I will go with a Volvo again."

Nice, but...

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"I bought this car because it was a great lease deal at the right time. After test driving it, I loved the powerful engine, and the seats were very comfortable. My 6 & 4 year old loved the "televisons" mounted in the front seat headrestraints. After owning the car for 13 months on a 2 year lease, I am looking to get out of the lease. Reliabiity stinks. The car goes in the shop for many minor issues. Ball bearings, windshield wipers, etc. My local dealer only has a loaner avialable every 3 weeks. Standard 15k service is $150. Of much more import, is the horrible blind spots in this SUV. I have owned other SUV's and cars and this is by far the worst. My wife refused to drive it with our kids in it, and at least once per week I cut someone off or almost get t-boned because you cannot see other cars. Other issues are smaller, but should not be there for a $55,000 SUV. No sunglasses holder? Come on. No satellite radio. No iPod input. The DVD is nice, but you cannot control the DVD from the navigation screen and are forced to twist and turn while driving to help your children. No voice interaction with the navigation and no bluetooth. Honestly, the car reminds me of my GMC Envoy, 2003, but it is $20,000 more. Nice, but not worth it."

Favorite SUV. Bought a second one for son.

By on Monday, September 12, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable. Good looking. Fun. Safe."

Cons: "Gas mileage."

"Favorite SUV. Good looking, reliable, fun, safe. Bought a second one after 11 years and gave first one to son. Still plugging along."

63,000+ and Rolling

By on Friday, May 30, 2008

"I love the look; comfort and ride my XC90 T6 provides. Had minor transmission issue at 40k - dealer replaced under warranty. Vehicle had an exceptional amount of service performed for my expectations of the Volvo name but my service dept. is absolutely great. They did everything they could to keep me happy in spite of my vehcile issues (they did not build it, they service it). It pays to purchase an extended warranty the parts and service for this vehicle are ridiculous. Tires: The original Michelins may get about 18k - did that 2x then learned my lesson. Recently purchased Nokian's and they ride and handle just as good or better than the Michelin and they cost less. They also have a better reputation for longevity and for winter driving. Highly recommended by tire "specialists". Safety is important so may have to find a comparable next time because I'm not sure if I would buy another. Why? Because the premium gas is burning a hole in my purse."

2007 Volvo XC 90 AWD. A car to fall in love with

By on Thursday, May 8, 2014

Pros: "It has your bells and whistles it just can't yodel"

Cons: "7 qts blend synthetic & change every 7500 miles"

"This dark blue XC90 is awesome and great to drive. A 3.2 6cyl engine is surprisingly powerful and responsive. I have never had an engine or component issue. Tires at least 66%. Leather interior, driver and passenger power seats, they are heated as well, power front and rear windows. 6 disc CD changer, retractable moon roof and heated exterior mirrors with remote adjustment. Front fog lights and an additional fog light to switch on so that you are easier to see to drivers behind you. Rear passenger area also has A/C vents with front and rear controls. Front windshield can sense rain and intensity and adjust itself automatically. Traction control is augmented with adjustment for wet road conditions. Immaculate inside and out. No cuts or tears on leather."