ZIP code

2016 Volvo XC70 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $33,301 - $35,993.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 07/27/2017

10/8.5

Based on 58 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

GREAT CAR

By on Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Pros: "SOLID, COMFORTABLE RIDE"

Cons: "NONE"

"THIS BEAUTY IS A PLATINUM AWD 2015.5 MODEL WITH V6 TURBO POWER. NO SMALL 4 CYCL!!! IT REALLY MOVES. VOLVO SAFETY IS WELL KNOWN AND COMFORTABLE. THE CAR IS EXTREMELY SOLID AND U FEEL VERY SAFE WHEN DRIVING. LAST OF 6 CYLS AND WILL BE SURELY MISSED."

Significant reliability issues

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Lots of great features, very comfortable"

Cons: "Software glitch that they cannot fix"

"Have had the car for only 4 months and have had it in the shop 5 times already. Some minor issues, but the recurring major issue is that the "low oil" light comes on every few thousand miles. Generally the oil is fine, and they have upgraded the software twice, soon to be three times as the car is having the issue as I write this. But as there doesn't seem to be a fix, you basically have to allow an extra 20 minutes to get anywhere in case you have to stop and check the oil. Or alternatively, you essentially lose your low oil warning feature because you ignore it and continue driving (at the risk that this time the oil is actually low). Having this reliability issue at this price point is inconceivable."

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"This car is so quiet you don't even realize it is on. The gas mileage is better than rated. It is closer to 21 mpg around town and 26 mpg highway. I love the safety features inccluding the BLIS. My husband and I are both tall, 6'2" and 5'9". On occasion, I sit in the back seat and I could use a little more room for my legs. We miss the driver's extra cup holder that was on the older models. Other than that, great job Volvo!"

Even better than my 2005 XC70

By on Saturday, May 17, 2008

"Everything is better in my 2008 XC70. Very quiet,smooth ride,luxurious interior,more stylish exterior,great options (Blind Spot Info Sysytem, folding outside mirrors, keyless entry and starting, self closing tailgate, great sound system, Active Bi-Xenon headlights, and more...). My wife loved her 2005 XC70, but she's even happier with her 2008 XC70. It rides better and handles better than the SUVs we tried, including the Acura MDX and all the others. It has the refinement of a car with the utility of an SUV. It's one of a kind and stands above the other choices."

Great car - expensive

By on Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"This is our 3rd XC70 - 2000SE, 2004 XC70 and this 2008 XC70. I like this one best. The 04 seemed to have better performance (sort of, it did have a turbo). This on is sluggish on the freeway onramps and passing, BUT if you use high octane fuel it performs MUCH better and even gets 2 mpg better! Have not worked the calculator on that one, we just use the cheap stuff 99% of the time. LIKES: Keyless entry, fold up mirrors when you lock the doors, power tailgate, fantastic upgraded stereo (although my BMW logic 7 will blow this one's doors off), super leather seating, each seat is comfortable, confident driving feel, superb safety features (like the sensor that tells you an accident is eminent and brakes, lights up the lower windshield and beeps like an airplane), this is a BIG car - like driving my Dad's '72 Cadillac - only with that tight European feel, distinctive look inside and out, a winner! DISLIKES: No bluetooth (really?), sometimes the power mirrors don't open up when you open a door other than the drivers door or do not use the keyfob to unlock the car, 16mpg city and 21mpg highway (Mr. leadfoot I am), optimistic outside thermometer (reads 118 on a 95 degree day at start up), makes funny whiring sounds sometimes - the power rear liftgate seems to strain to open and close, the auto a/c makes silly sounds while adjusting vents, etc. and a whinny sound at a cold startup. Lastly, I bought a full service plan for 36 months at $600 - RIP OFF ... I would buy this car again, my wife LOVES it, kids are rough on it, dog (70lb) loves the "head out the window" routine ... great piece of machinery, at 3 years it cleans up great and looks nearly new after a car wash."