2013 Volvo XC70

Based on 57 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Love my Volvo wagon. 2nd one purchased.

By on Monday, August 15, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable, quiet ride. Safety features."

Cons: "Needs cupholders for back seats."

"This is my 2nd Volvo XC70 wagon. I buy Volvo for safety and luxury and haven't been disappointed. I decided to sell my wagon because I want to buy a Volvo SUV. I have no complaints in the handling of the XC70 wagon or the comfort. The car is so quiet and a smooth drive. Its great in all weather. In snow I gear down to the lower gear as recommended and I can drive up a steep driveway unless there just too much ice of course. I have taken excellent care of my Volvo wagon and followed Volvo's service maintenance schedule to keep it running smoothly. It runs quietly and has all the extra options that were available at the time I purchased it such as moon roof, navigation, daylight running lights and heated seats. There are cameras on the car that show the picture on the navigation system when you back up so you can see what is behind you just to make sure you are not missing a person walking in a blind spot to avoid an accident. Also the cameras cause the car to beep to let you know different things such as you are too close to another car in front of you or you are too close to a car or something else on either side of you or in back. I love the feature if you run off the road or too close to either side of the road. It reminds you by beeps and a signal that you may need to take a coffee break. This was helpful for me one time when I was driving too much and was getting sleepy and needed to pull over. I rated the car all 10's because that has been my experience with it. Best car I've ever driven. The Volvo wagon's seats are comfortable and cabin is roomy. I bought it new and it's a very expensive car but worth the money. The last XC70 Wagon I owned, I had 90,000+ miles on it and it was still in good condition. I drive a lot so I always make sure my car is in excellent driving condition."

Significant reliability issues

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Lots of great features, very comfortable"

Cons: "Software glitch that they cannot fix"

"Have had the car for only 4 months and have had it in the shop 5 times already. Some minor issues, but the recurring major issue is that the "low oil" light comes on every few thousand miles. Generally the oil is fine, and they have upgraded the software twice, soon to be three times as the car is having the issue as I write this. But as there doesn't seem to be a fix, you basically have to allow an extra 20 minutes to get anywhere in case you have to stop and check the oil. Or alternatively, you essentially lose your low oil warning feature because you ignore it and continue driving (at the risk that this time the oil is actually low). Having this reliability issue at this price point is inconceivable."

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"This car is so quiet you don't even realize it is on. The gas mileage is better than rated. It is closer to 21 mpg around town and 26 mpg highway. I love the safety features inccluding the BLIS. My husband and I are both tall, 6'2" and 5'9". On occasion, I sit in the back seat and I could use a little more room for my legs. We miss the driver's extra cup holder that was on the older models. Other than that, great job Volvo!"

Great car, if you're not in a hurry

By on Sunday, May 24, 2009

"This is my first Volvo (I'm a long-time BMW owner) and find it to be a very comfortable, quiet, solid, ruggedly attractive vehicle. It has been completely reliable for the first 22,000 miles so far. My only complaint is that the 3.2 liter normally aspirated engine is overwhelmed by this vehicle's weight (over 5,000 lbs). This vehicle is as heavy as an SUV, it's slow and the engine is buzzy during acceleration. I have to plan merges into highway traffic carefully. I've driven the turbo XC70 and there is a huge difference. This will be a great vehicle for anyone who places a premium on luxury/safety and whose driving doesn't require merging frequently onto congested highways."

Even better than my 2005 XC70

By on Saturday, May 17, 2008

"Everything is better in my 2008 XC70. Very quiet,smooth ride,luxurious interior,more stylish exterior,great options (Blind Spot Info Sysytem, folding outside mirrors, keyless entry and starting, self closing tailgate, great sound system, Active Bi-Xenon headlights, and more...). My wife loved her 2005 XC70, but she's even happier with her 2008 XC70. It rides better and handles better than the SUVs we tried, including the Acura MDX and all the others. It has the refinement of a car with the utility of an SUV. It's one of a kind and stands above the other choices."