2011 Volvo XC70

Based on 58 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Love my Volvo wagon. 2nd one purchased.

By on Monday, August 15, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable, quiet ride. Safety features."

Cons: "Needs cupholders for back seats."

"This is my 2nd Volvo XC70 wagon. I buy Volvo for safety and luxury and haven't been disappointed. I decided to sell my wagon because I want to buy a Volvo SUV. I have no complaints in the handling of the XC70 wagon or the comfort. The car is so quiet and a smooth drive. Its great in all weather. In snow I gear down to the lower gear as recommended and I can drive up a steep driveway unless there just too much ice of course. I have taken excellent care of my Volvo wagon and followed Volvo's service maintenance schedule to keep it running smoothly. It runs quietly and has all the extra options that were available at the time I purchased it such as moon roof, navigation, daylight running lights and heated seats. There are cameras on the car that show the picture on the navigation system when you back up so you can see what is behind you just to make sure you are not missing a person walking in a blind spot to avoid an accident. Also the cameras cause the car to beep to let you know different things such as you are too close to another car in front of you or you are too close to a car or something else on either side of you or in back. I love the feature if you run off the road or too close to either side of the road. It reminds you by beeps and a signal that you may need to take a coffee break. This was helpful for me one time when I was driving too much and was getting sleepy and needed to pull over. I rated the car all 10's because that has been my experience with it. Best car I've ever driven. The Volvo wagon's seats are comfortable and cabin is roomy. I bought it new and it's a very expensive car but worth the money. The last XC70 Wagon I owned, I had 90,000+ miles on it and it was still in good condition. I drive a lot so I always make sure my car is in excellent driving condition."

Pleasant

By on Saturday, November 27, 2010

"This is a wonderful, stylish, and extremely comfortably wagon. I previously owned a Mercedes 4matic wagon, and the volvo is as solid and comfortabe. Many think it is not a driver's automobile and while not a sports car it rides very well. It actually reminds me of my other previous mercedes a 1985 turbo diesel. The car really feels like a tank. You might not want to whip around winding roads, but you may want to enjoy the trip!"

Solid car

By on Saturday, December 12, 2009

"Have only had the car for a short time but so far I'm very happy with my 2010 XC70. Fuel economy is not great but seems to have improved over the past few weeks. Performance is definitely enhanced by higher-octane fuel. Handles nicely, controls are clear and easy to use. Tested a 2010 Subaru Outback, a nice car but Volvo won me over! They offered better financing, options and rebates. Solid family car, safe, reliable so far and feels very well made. The seats extremely comfortable. Great car!"

Drove them all

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"I was looking for a new car because my xc70 2002 had a lot of miles on it so I started driving everything. I thought I would get a SUV or Crossover (something bigger). After driving everything and not liking any of the SUV's I went back and drove the new xc70 2008. Loved it. Everything that I was looking for in a new car. All the interior upgrades were better then the Mercedes and BMW's I drove. Great Job VOLVO! Handles Great! More interior room than the older xc70's. My 6'2" husband fits and with the built in booster seats my daughter is very comfy! I love my car."

Long distance driving champ for those that travel!

By on Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Pros: "Easy to drive on various weather conditions w/AWD"

Cons: "Needs a little more leg room in rear."

"I previously purchased a 2014 Subaru Forester Touring edition. While having my Subaru serviced I decided to walk next door to the Volvo dealership. I fell in love with my 2015 Volvo XC70 T6 3.0 w/Polstar. Traded in the Subaru Forester for my Volvo. The leather contoured seats are so comfortable on my back. I recently relocated from Alaska to Georgia and drove my XC70. It was so comfortable I only stopped for lodging, gas and food along the way. Usually I drove roughly 700 miles per day during my journey. I didn't feel fatigued or fidgety at any point wile driving. I even had other travelers following behind me. I think it was due to driving a Volvo which mind set depicts safety. It was almost as if my 2015 XC70 was a pilot car traveling the Alaskan Canadian Highway. The power from the 3.0 turbo charged engine was just right. Its never felt under powered. I often look at the interior fit and finishings and at times think having a more upgraded infotainment unit would be nice. The only weird thing I had happen at around 6,000 miles was the LFT display which shows speed and RPMs had totally went blank while driving. I couldn't believe it, due to the car was still in motion during my trip. After 10 minutes it began working again. Currently a little over 15k miles with no other issue happening. I love the MPG's of 25 MPG. Oh, the Polstar upgrade was added after purchase. I use to see 27 and 28 MPG before the upgrade so I was a little disappointed in that. Still was worth the money for the upgrade. Cargo room is great along with the roof bars for my Yakima cargo box. You have to be careful which roof accessories you buy so it doesn't interfere with the trunk hatch from lifting if it's to long. Now that the XC90 is refreshed for 2016, I still love my XC70 more."