2010 Volvo XC70

Based on 58 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Worst Volvo in 40 Years

By on Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"At 51 miles major rear brake failure requiring all the rear brake parts to be replaced. Electronic sensor system is too sensitive. Warning sensors have given erroneous messages. Warning systems says engine is running when it is stopped. Uncommon rubbing noises in rear end when driving. Down shifting is very jerky. Turbo/transmission response is jerky. We have been driving Volvos for 40 years and cross-countries for last 8 years. After our continuing problems with our 2010 we will never purchase another Volvo."

we got a good one

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

"So far this car has been great Same mileage as a Subaru and infinitely more comfortable, safe and roomy"

Not your parent's station wagon, LOVE it!

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "price, style, safety, interior room, rims, power"

Cons: "slightly heavy vs normal cars, but good for safety"

"This car has everything a family could ever need in a car. Style, safety, convenience, plenty of cabin room, and plenty of trunk loading capacity for groceries to satisfy MOM. Sporty, power, all-wheel drive for weather and camping, lots of technology, 19" rims, full size spare, plenty of trunk loading space for packing trips to make DAD smile. Plenty of cabin room, built-in lifting booster seats, high outdoor visibility, plenty of trunk capacity for toys to handle the kids on any drive. Easy on budget based on sale price and 60k miles/5yr bumper-bumper warranty/full service package. We plan to own it for at least ten years. We would highly recommend this vehicle if you are cool parents looking for a family car that has more style/sport than a mini-van, more power/handling than a crossover, and more family/mom friendly than an SUV."

Even better than my 2005 XC70

By on Saturday, May 17, 2008

"Everything is better in my 2008 XC70. Very quiet,smooth ride,luxurious interior,more stylish exterior,great options (Blind Spot Info Sysytem, folding outside mirrors, keyless entry and starting, self closing tailgate, great sound system, Active Bi-Xenon headlights, and more...). My wife loved her 2005 XC70, but she's even happier with her 2008 XC70. It rides better and handles better than the SUVs we tried, including the Acura MDX and all the others. It has the refinement of a car with the utility of an SUV. It's one of a kind and stands above the other choices."

Safe Quiet Ride

By on Sunday, December 27, 2009

"I bought our Volvo last January used with 12,000 miles for $27,000. Great in the snow of Minneapolis. I average 21 MPG in mixed driving. and have gotten 27MPG on a road trip. The seats are very wide and comfortable. No added expenses for repairs in my 12,000 miles of use. Good value used, too high priced new!"