2008 Volvo XC70 Consumer Reviews

Love my Volvo wagon. 2nd one purchased.

By on Monday, August 15, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable, quiet ride. Safety features."

Cons: "Needs cupholders for back seats."

"This is my 2nd Volvo XC70 wagon. I buy Volvo for safety and luxury and haven't been disappointed. I decided to sell my wagon because I want to buy a Volvo SUV. I have no complaints in the handling of the XC70 wagon or the comfort. The car is so quiet and a smooth drive. Its great in all weather. In snow I gear down to the lower gear as recommended and I can drive up a steep driveway unless there just too much ice of course. I have taken excellent care of my Volvo wagon and followed Volvo's service maintenance schedule to keep it running smoothly. It runs quietly and has all the extra options that were available at the time I purchased it such as moon roof, navigation, daylight running lights and heated seats. There are cameras on the car that show the picture on the navigation system when you back up so you can see what is behind you just to make sure you are not missing a person walking in a blind spot to avoid an accident. Also the cameras cause the car to beep to let you know different things such as you are too close to another car in front of you or you are too close to a car or something else on either side of you or in back. I love the feature if you run off the road or too close to either side of the road. It reminds you by beeps and a signal that you may need to take a coffee break. This was helpful for me one time when I was driving too much and was getting sleepy and needed to pull over. I rated the car all 10's because that has been my experience with it. Best car I've ever driven. The Volvo wagon's seats are comfortable and cabin is roomy. I bought it new and it's a very expensive car but worth the money. The last XC70 Wagon I owned, I had 90,000+ miles on it and it was still in good condition. I drive a lot so I always make sure my car is in excellent driving condition."

Significant reliability issues

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Lots of great features, very comfortable"

Cons: "Software glitch that they cannot fix"

"Have had the car for only 4 months and have had it in the shop 5 times already. Some minor issues, but the recurring major issue is that the "low oil" light comes on every few thousand miles. Generally the oil is fine, and they have upgraded the software twice, soon to be three times as the car is having the issue as I write this. But as there doesn't seem to be a fix, you basically have to allow an extra 20 minutes to get anywhere in case you have to stop and check the oil. Or alternatively, you essentially lose your low oil warning feature because you ignore it and continue driving (at the risk that this time the oil is actually low). Having this reliability issue at this price point is inconceivable."

Great car, if you're not in a hurry

By on Sunday, May 24, 2009

"This is my first Volvo (I'm a long-time BMW owner) and find it to be a very comfortable, quiet, solid, ruggedly attractive vehicle. It has been completely reliable for the first 22,000 miles so far. My only complaint is that the 3.2 liter normally aspirated engine is overwhelmed by this vehicle's weight (over 5,000 lbs). This vehicle is as heavy as an SUV, it's slow and the engine is buzzy during acceleration. I have to plan merges into highway traffic carefully. I've driven the turbo XC70 and there is a huge difference. This will be a great vehicle for anyone who places a premium on luxury/safety and whose driving doesn't require merging frequently onto congested highways."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted