2008 Volvo XC70

Based on 57 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Love my Volvo wagon. 2nd one purchased.

By on Monday, August 15, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable, quiet ride. Safety features."

Cons: "Needs cupholders for back seats."

"This is my 2nd Volvo XC70 wagon. I buy Volvo for safety and luxury and haven't been disappointed. I decided to sell my wagon because I want to buy a Volvo SUV. I have no complaints in the handling of the XC70 wagon or the comfort. The car is so quiet and a smooth drive. Its great in all weather. In snow I gear down to the lower gear as recommended and I can drive up a steep driveway unless there just too much ice of course. I have taken excellent care of my Volvo wagon and followed Volvo's service maintenance schedule to keep it running smoothly. It runs quietly and has all the extra options that were available at the time I purchased it such as moon roof, navigation, daylight running lights and heated seats. There are cameras on the car that show the picture on the navigation system when you back up so you can see what is behind you just to make sure you are not missing a person walking in a blind spot to avoid an accident. Also the cameras cause the car to beep to let you know different things such as you are too close to another car in front of you or you are too close to a car or something else on either side of you or in back. I love the feature if you run off the road or too close to either side of the road. It reminds you by beeps and a signal that you may need to take a coffee break. This was helpful for me one time when I was driving too much and was getting sleepy and needed to pull over. I rated the car all 10's because that has been my experience with it. Best car I've ever driven. The Volvo wagon's seats are comfortable and cabin is roomy. I bought it new and it's a very expensive car but worth the money. The last XC70 Wagon I owned, I had 90,000+ miles on it and it was still in good condition. I drive a lot so I always make sure my car is in excellent driving condition."

Worst Volvo in 40 Years

By on Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"At 51 miles major rear brake failure requiring all the rear brake parts to be replaced. Electronic sensor system is too sensitive. Warning sensors have given erroneous messages. Warning systems says engine is running when it is stopped. Uncommon rubbing noises in rear end when driving. Down shifting is very jerky. Turbo/transmission response is jerky. We have been driving Volvos for 40 years and cross-countries for last 8 years. After our continuing problems with our 2010 we will never purchase another Volvo."

Good all around vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "quieter ride better vision"

Cons: "none so far"

"traded a cadillac SRX for this XC70. Much quieter and more comfortable. Also much better gas mileage"

we got a good one

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

"So far this car has been great Same mileage as a Subaru and infinitely more comfortable, safe and roomy"

Luxury at an afordable price

By on Saturday, December 27, 2008

"This is my third Volvo and I couldn't be happier. This is by far the best one I've owned. It handles well and is very comfortable and attractive. It is very quiet, you don't even know the engine is running. I think the gas mileage is better then reported. I highly recommend this wagon, it's much nicer then a huge SUV but very roomy. My huge dog crate fits fine in the back with no problem, with room to spare."