2007 Volvo XC70

Based on 139 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

A workhorse

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Ok, it's my wife's car but I take care of it and I use it to pick up supplies from the garden center and hardware store. We're going on 5 years with our 2004 XC-70 and in a nutshell it's a great car to own if you can only have one car in the garage. Drives like a sedan (an AWD S60 of course), decent mileage (21 mpg), decent pick up, great sense of safety, great residual value, and of course versitility in hauling stuff. Why anyone would drive an SUV/crossover when you can drive an AWD wagon is beyond my reasoning. This is our 2nd Volvo after a 98 S70 and I see no reason why a 3rd isn't in our future. If you think the XC70 seats are comfortable, they're nothing next to those in that S70. Volvo does seats right people. Why can't others? Make no mistake however, it's no sport sedan and I know because I keep those for myself. Other downsides: the stock Pirelli tires which you have to get get chewed up, brakes go fast likely due to the heavier weight of AWD, and the interior is now behind the times for a luxury brand. Still, I'd have a tough time trading this one in for a new one as I don't see enough difference with the new 2008. After a few more years however..."

All around awesome all road vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

"I have owned Volvo's for 40+ years, and the XC 70 is the best of the bunch! Wonderful roadability, exceptional dependability,easy to maintain, and quality throughout. Still going strong at 200k miles (she's just getting her second wind)!"

Lots of Good.. just a few "not so".

By on Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, powerful"

Cons: "More than expected tire wear. Dealer parts are VERY expensive."

"Definitely happy with this car, with a few exceptions you should be aware of. Be prepared to do a bit of extra-curricular parts hunting to avoid dealer's exorbitant pricing. Cases in point: HID ballast resitors, HID bulbs"

Best Dog Car

By on Thursday, June 4, 2009

"I Googled "best car for dogs" and up came the XC70 and XC90. I didn't like the look of the XC90 so went with the wagon. I now imagine having a Volvo wagon as our dog wagon for life. The Volvo accessories are great - dog doors, dividers, tailored waterproof floor and trunk mats. Dogs also appreciate the softer ride. They barfed all the time in our ML55! I thought I would miss my Mercedes but once I upgraded the stereo to get Bluetooth, XM and nav, I had myself the perfect vehicle for a multi-dog family. MPG could be better and a bit more oomph would be nice, but the raised ride height in wet weather and all wheel drive is great. Brakes are probably the only real weak point."

Trade our 4th Volvo wagon for one at the factory.

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pros: "Best station wagon made."

Cons: "No diesel engine option for the US."

Picking up a San Juan 21 in Kansas to sail back on the Chesapeake Bay.

"Our fourth Volvo wagon is eleven years old and we're looking forward to a trip to Gothenburg to get the latest XC70 T6 and enjoy a vacation in Europe. This is our favorite wagon to accomodate two grandsons with their own booster seats, to hoist our canoe onto roof racks lower than any SUV's and to install a factory trailer hitch for various trailers, not to mention safety and the world's best seats."

Picking up a San Juan 21 in Kansas to sail back on the Chesapeake Bay.