2012 Volvo XC60

8.4

Based on 88 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

Safe car with exceptional handling

By on Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pros: "Good value, exceptional handling"

Cons: "Nothing major"

"We bought the XC60 3.2 (no turbo, 2WD) as a commuter car for my wife's 50+ mile commute. Main reason was safety. Volvo's always had the reputation for being safe and looking bad - this one actually looks good too. We got a 60.000 mls free maintenance and repairs and that means we don't pay anything - even wiper blades are free. There are two issues with the car: the software has a few glitches and it took the dealer a few visits to finally make it work properly. All the glitches were minor, i.e. it wouldn't beep when locking. The second issue is really bad design on the seatbelts in the front. The angle of the slot where the seatbelt goes in is off, thus kinking the belt and sometimes not really rolling it up properly. Also minor, but it's odd to see such a flaw on an otherwise well designed car. That all said, if you want a vehicle you can pull off the road onto a soft gravel shoulder at 70 mph and have no problem controlling the car, the XC60 is the car to go. I had to do that on I5 when someone pushed me off the road and I would be in the hospital if not dead had I driven our second car (ford escape). The chassis is incredibly stiff for an SUV - it's more like a porsche or other high end sportscar. So don't wonder when your inner rear wheel lifts off when you pull into an elevated driveway. The stiff chassis gives you exceptional handling in corners and emergencies. The mileage is pretty good for a car that weight. We average close to 26 mpg with around 80/20 highway to city. It's a safe fun car to drive and for the price it outperforms pretty much all of it's more expensive competitors."

Excellent Car

By on Thursday, September 30, 2010

"I purchased my XC60 R-Design about three months ago and absolutely love this car! I had two BMW X5's prior to and really wanted a change. I was looking for an SUV with less bulk and a luxury feel. I also wanted the car to move when I stepped on the gas. I have found it with this car! It is quick, gorgeous and extremely comfortable. I purchased a red car and it is a looker! I see people walking around the car when I leave it in parking lots. I am averaging 19 mpg which isn't too bad considering it is all in-town and very little highway. I would highly recommend this car. The only complaint I have is that heated-steering wheels are not an option. But I enjoy driving this car so much, I have almost forgotten about that option."

Not recommended

By on Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"Ive had this car for about 6 months..has been in the shop several times. Most recent was for a new ignition switch. Car only has 5500 miles on it. Will stall out at stop signs and sometimes wont start. Cannot wait to get rid of it."

Most Comfortable

By on Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pros: "Safest vehicle on the road with Technology Package"

Cons: "Back seat a little small for large people."

Lawrence County Pennsylvania

"The T6 version has a twin turbo Jaguar 6 cylinder engine that is smooth, quiet, and very quick acceleration. The technology package makes long trips much safer and enjoyable with the adaptive cruise control, navigation system, driver alert, and crash avoidance with auto brake. The seats are extremely comfortable. My car also has BLIS to warn you when there is an object in your blind spot. The premium sound system is great. I also have keyless entry and ignition, rear view camera, power lift gate and have not had a single issue in 37,000 miles. The city safe feature has stopped the car before running into fixed objects several times. The AWD is great in snow and ice. I think it is a very sharp looking car."

Lawrence County Pennsylvania

Too many problems

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

"Three years, three batteries....three flat bed tows. Something is obviously draining the battery and I was told they thought it might be the Serius radio that I don't subscribe to but they said that because it's available they think it's still "on"??? Sun Roof leaked requiring 3 separate trips to finally repair, car spent about 2-1/2 wks in the service dept. drying out. Three more flat bed tows when I couldn't shift out of park before they diagnosed a solenoid malfunction. Hope that's it and the kinks are worked out otherwise I'll drive this until the warranty is up. It's too bad because if not for these issues I love this car!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo XC60 near Honolulu. See local deals