2011 Volvo XC60

8.4

Based on 90 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

My first Volvo

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, feels solid and safe."

Cons: "Center (wave) open console annoys me."

"After having gotten into a potentially life-threatening accident in my boyfriend's Volvo, I realized how safe they were-we all came out without a scratch--even the 2 dogs! I've owned about 20 new cars in my life, the last three were a Honda Accord V-6 Ex-L, with navigation. I loved my last Honda and kept it the longest of any of my other cars, so it was difficult for me to change, but I'm glad I did. The Volvo XC-60 sits higher up, is more comfortable, and has the hands-free feature for my Blackberry phone. I am used to having more power, though. My commute is 40 minutes each way every day, so to save gas, I didn't get the Turbo version. I don't like the open area under the center console. The flip down back headrests are a nice feature for visibility and it is easy to put the seats down for loading large items. I feel safe in this car and as an older lady, who would heal a bit slower than younger people, I'm glad I made the change. I've owned the car about a month and put 1200 miles on it."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Great value for the money."

Cons: "Wish it was about 4 inches higher."

"I have owned quite a few cars in my lifetime, "60 plus years of driving," including 7 different Jaguars. This Volvo is really the best car I have ever owned. Picked it up at the factory last year and drove around Europe for month. Car handles well, rides great, visibility is good. Found out the wipers worked well the first few days. Averaged 26.6 MPG for the 3500 miles I put on in Europe. I really can't find fault with anything about the car. By the way, this is my first Volvo. Drove Jeep Grand Cherokees before buying this Volvo. Was looking to duplicate as close to the overall size that I found I really liked in the 1998 to 2004 Grand cherokees. Didn't like the newer Jeeps, they just looked fat."

Best Car EVER

By on Thursday, November 4, 2010

"My husband and I purchased our XC60 while stationed in Germany. We bought it over a year ago when it was released for American spec purchase. I test drove it twice and knew I wanted to purchase it the minute I sat in the luxurious seats. My car has been driven to Normandy, Holland, and northern Germany. Now that we are back in the States it has been driven from Colorado to the south where we are currently living. I have read other peoples complaints about their XC 60 and it shocks me that engine lights are coming on and I question the type of gas you are putting into your car. We were told premium gas which yes is more expensive but with the high performance engine in a Volvo you need the extra octane. If your mechanic says that isn't the issue I would like to comment that each time you take your car into the mechanic he or she is getting paid... I am sure there are problems with some of these cars they are all electrical and anything can happen if things are not set up correctly. My car currently has 15000 miles on it and my only concern is getting a door ding or a scratch. She's kept in pristine condition and because of this my husband drives her more because he has better parking at work. I love my XC60 and would recommend them to anyone."

Unsolvable Electrical Problem

By on Saturday, October 10, 2009

"We have owned the car since July 09 and have 1600 miles on the odometer. The car has had an electrical problem in the nav/backup camera system from the beginning. It has been in the shop six times and the problem still exist. We have started the "lemon law" return process."

Safe car with exceptional handling

By on Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pros: "Good value, exceptional handling"

Cons: "Nothing major"

"We bought the XC60 3.2 (no turbo, 2WD) as a commuter car for my wife's 50+ mile commute. Main reason was safety. Volvo's always had the reputation for being safe and looking bad - this one actually looks good too. We got a 60.000 mls free maintenance and repairs and that means we don't pay anything - even wiper blades are free. There are two issues with the car: the software has a few glitches and it took the dealer a few visits to finally make it work properly. All the glitches were minor, i.e. it wouldn't beep when locking. The second issue is really bad design on the seatbelts in the front. The angle of the slot where the seatbelt goes in is off, thus kinking the belt and sometimes not really rolling it up properly. Also minor, but it's odd to see such a flaw on an otherwise well designed car. That all said, if you want a vehicle you can pull off the road onto a soft gravel shoulder at 70 mph and have no problem controlling the car, the XC60 is the car to go. I had to do that on I5 when someone pushed me off the road and I would be in the hospital if not dead had I driven our second car (ford escape). The chassis is incredibly stiff for an SUV - it's more like a porsche or other high end sportscar. So don't wonder when your inner rear wheel lifts off when you pull into an elevated driveway. The stiff chassis gives you exceptional handling in corners and emergencies. The mileage is pretty good for a car that weight. We average close to 26 mpg with around 80/20 highway to city. It's a safe fun car to drive and for the price it outperforms pretty much all of it's more expensive competitors."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo XC60 near Honolulu. See local deals