1999 Volvo V70

7.1

Based on 196 Ratings for the 1998 - 2000 models.

Simple, perfect

By on Tuesday, December 25, 2012

"In my opinion, this is the perfect car! Why? I am a handy man type and this is a simple and easy car to work on. It has so many fans, reliable information and parts are easy to source. 14 years old and never let me down. Sure, it needs parts and such, but all cars do. As I said, never let me down. Wish list? My non turbo feels under powered. Not horribly, but I wish it had some more umph. When the suspension expires, it goes from great to ok to horrible in a hurry. Perspective, I have 170K on parts made for 100K. Upon a refresh ($650 parts, I do the labor) its like a new car. Amazing finish. Looks like new. Interior? 14 years, no garage, NC sun, leather is looking a little beat. Not bad, but getting a little aged. It is more fun to drive than newer AWD versions, which feel really heavy and have comparably huge turning radius. Seriously folks, you can pick up a decent 98 for less than 3 grand. Are you kidding me? I've got kids and a dog, plenty of space. Six feet of level area with the seats down. I've slept in her plenty of times. Throw into winter mode in the slush and ice, and she's like a truck."

Love the car, bought it used only had 1 owner safe

By on Friday, December 7, 2012

Pros: "safe, reliable, comfortable, cheap, great engine"

Cons: "boxy, expensive fixes especially if its electrical"

"Recently got in bad accident this car is a tank!!! The other car was a plastic Hyundai that was totaled..This car is fine besides some damage to the front light!! I was fine. Very reliable, just have to watch the upkeep. Great brakes, leather interior is awesome, sun roof, heated seats, wonderful hope to have it for a very long time!!"

Still Going Strong

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"I bought this car used 10 years ago. At the time I paid $21,500. for the car. almost 1/2 the MSRP. I have driven this car with the help of a local non-dealer Volvo mechanic for 72,000 miles. I have had the regular maintanance performed, and except for a new air conditioning condensor ($1500.00) I have had not other issues with the car. For the 142 CID this high pressure turbo screams through rush hour traffic when needed. I'm never worried about having enough gitty-up to merge with traffic from a highway on ramp. I have often thought about a new car but this little paid for gem still is going strong. Long may you run."

totally awesome winter driving

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pros: "great in winter, very capable, VERY comfortable"

Cons: "gas mileage is not the best"

"this is by far the best car i have ever owned. i live in the midwest where winters can be a little scary, i have driven this car in snowstorms that scare the 4x4 fan boys. have even pulled 2 4x4's from ditches, and not once have i ever felt that i was not in complete control. this car has never failed to start, even on the coldest days parked outside. in short, i love my v70 and hate that volvo has decided to kill it off......."

Good car

By on Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"99 V70 - My wife got plowed into by a full size SUV at 50+mph and she and our 3 yr old son walked away with minor bruises! After that I bought a 98 V70 with 110k. Now at 150k and still going strong. Good power, handling, etc... Oh yea...I feel safe in it which is worth more than any other attribute in my opinion. Expensive to fix and quirky but thats a volvo. If you want a reliable tin box get a camery, hyundi or accord like everyone else. Volvos are SAFE cars."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo V70 near Honolulu. See local deals