1999 Volvo V70

7.1

Based on 195 Ratings for the 1998 - 2000 models.

Simple, perfect

By on Tuesday, December 25, 2012

"In my opinion, this is the perfect car! Why? I am a handy man type and this is a simple and easy car to work on. It has so many fans, reliable information and parts are easy to source. 14 years old and never let me down. Sure, it needs parts and such, but all cars do. As I said, never let me down. Wish list? My non turbo feels under powered. Not horribly, but I wish it had some more umph. When the suspension expires, it goes from great to ok to horrible in a hurry. Perspective, I have 170K on parts made for 100K. Upon a refresh ($650 parts, I do the labor) its like a new car. Amazing finish. Looks like new. Interior? 14 years, no garage, NC sun, leather is looking a little beat. Not bad, but getting a little aged. It is more fun to drive than newer AWD versions, which feel really heavy and have comparably huge turning radius. Seriously folks, you can pick up a decent 98 for less than 3 grand. Are you kidding me? I've got kids and a dog, plenty of space. Six feet of level area with the seats down. I've slept in her plenty of times. Throw into winter mode in the slush and ice, and she's like a truck."

Love the car, bought it used only had 1 owner safe

By on Friday, December 7, 2012

Pros: "safe, reliable, comfortable, cheap, great engine"

Cons: "boxy, expensive fixes especially if its electrical"

"Recently got in bad accident this car is a tank!!! The other car was a plastic Hyundai that was totaled..This car is fine besides some damage to the front light!! I was fine. Very reliable, just have to watch the upkeep. Great brakes, leather interior is awesome, sun roof, heated seats, wonderful hope to have it for a very long time!!"

Still Going Strong

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"I bought this car used 10 years ago. At the time I paid $21,500. for the car. almost 1/2 the MSRP. I have driven this car with the help of a local non-dealer Volvo mechanic for 72,000 miles. I have had the regular maintanance performed, and except for a new air conditioning condensor ($1500.00) I have had not other issues with the car. For the 142 CID this high pressure turbo screams through rush hour traffic when needed. I'm never worried about having enough gitty-up to merge with traffic from a highway on ramp. I have often thought about a new car but this little paid for gem still is going strong. Long may you run."

totally awesome winter driving

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pros: "great in winter, very capable, VERY comfortable"

Cons: "gas mileage is not the best"

"this is by far the best car i have ever owned. i live in the midwest where winters can be a little scary, i have driven this car in snowstorms that scare the 4x4 fan boys. have even pulled 2 4x4's from ditches, and not once have i ever felt that i was not in complete control. this car has never failed to start, even on the coldest days parked outside. in short, i love my v70 and hate that volvo has decided to kill it off......."

volvo v70 GLT

By on Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"Cons: I have owned 4 previous Volvos (240 series mostly) with no issues but the V70 GLT is the biggest lemon I have ever owned. Bought at 28k for $25k. Problems started 15k miles later. I have spent $3000 in parts alone on this car after 9 years. It now has 145k miles on it. As an x mechanic, I did all repairs myself except the AC which was $1500 so you could double the repair bills if you were not doing the repairs yourself. Unscheduled repair items include replacement of: Anti-lock brake module Mass air flow sensor smog pump (twice!) oil separator (may not have been needed) AC condenser struts front engine mount one axle boot (this might be considered normal maintenance) 2 seat belt fasteners 1 electric door lock 1 door speaker driver side vanity mirror on sun visor rear door trim oil dip stick and tube (have to buy both!) The car also leaked oil until i fixed that and now leaks coolant from the heater core. Biggest issue is it now burns oil (valve seals I hope). It also goes through tires and gets so-so mileage. I harangued Volvo about this car but all they did was get a local dealer to call and try to sell me another one! I am done with Volvo. Pro: comfortable, quiet, peppy reponse. Looks great, but don't fall for it! Buy the seats and put them in a Toyota!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo V70 near Honolulu. See local deals