2006 Volvo V50

Based on 92 Ratings for the 2005 - 2011 models.

good decision

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

"Solid in a crash. I would purchase it again if Volvo still made the V50. Turbo fun; wagon practical. I can zip around all over the place."

Nice little car but kind of expensive

By on Tuesday, March 4, 2008

"We have a black V50 2.4i, it's the first new-new (as opposed to nearly new) car that I've ever owned. It seems very well built and reliable. It's not been to the dealer except for regular service since we've had it, though I recently noticed a little unusual wear & tear on the interior and every once in a while the AC fan "freaks out" and blows hard for no reason for a few seconds. The interior is really nice - upscale materials and design throughout. Exterior styling is also excellent and it has good (but not stellar) brakes, suspension and power. Holds more than I can believe sometimes. Mileage seems low (only about 20 mpg in mixed mostly city driving), and it was rather expensive for how small it is. I notice the new C30, which is essentially the same car w/2-less doors, is about $4000 cheaper. We'll probably keep this one another 5-7 years, but I can't say for sure we'll replace it with another volvo until then."

One Fast Grocery Getter

By on Friday, April 1, 2011

"I purchased my 2009 Volvo V50 R Design in Dec 2010. Got a few rebates and just love it. I put 49,000 miiles on the little wagon in 14 months. Lots of highway and city driving. Good gas mileage at comfortable speeds for a turbo engine. When I needed to get up and go for passing or just to have fun, it will blast 0-60 in 6 seconds. Just blowing away the other small wagon competitors. I have really used this vehicle and have yet to have another vehicle survive my harsh driving like this one has. It looks and drives like it is brand new. Still smells new inside. Positive side of this Volvo, Very comfortable to drive long distances. Excellent handling in bad weather. Brakes on a dime. All maintenance is FREE. Brakes, belts, windshield wiper, oil, etc. Wish they did tires too. Negative side of this Volvo, to small a fuel tank. Only 13.5 gallons, makes for more stops on long trips than I want to make. If you run it bone dry you can make 350-400 miles on a tank. Normally I get about 280-300 miles and fuel up before th light comes on."

By on Friday, May 9, 2008

"Plenty of power and excellent handling - stiffer than the larger volvos, but more precise - more like a sports car. Handles extremely well in snow and ice. Interior is super nice for driver and passenger, good controls and great sound system. Rear is suitable for smaller adults or children. A bit pricey compared to a subie, but less than an audi."

A bit disappointed

By on Thursday, May 1, 2008

"I have owned my V50 for about three years and have had the air conditioning repaired four times. This three year old wagon has had too many things go wrong with it . The wagon is very safe and a smooth ride but taking it to and from the dealership so often has been annoying. Maybe buying a new model on it's first year was a bad idea."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo V50 near Honolulu. See local deals