2000 Volvo V40

7.4

Based on 61 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

By on Saturday, September 18, 2010

"We've had our V-40 for over 5 years and it's been very reliable. It gets geat gas milage and even though it's small, it very comfortable. When the turbo kick in, it's gone."

Good family car

By on Sunday, February 7, 2010

"We bought one for my wife who loved it. It's reeeealy easy to drive - automatic everything. She's towed our daughter and all her junk around in it for 5 years. Spilt soda, crackers, etc on everything. The seats and console are easy to clean and held up pretty well considering. The turbo went out at about 100k mi. Mechanic said because we didn't change the oil soon enough. That was expensive. Later a plastic radiator fitting broke and dumped all the coolant. Watch out for that!"

Good car

By on Saturday, August 2, 2008

"I've had my 01 v-40 for 4 years. I've put about 85K miles on it since I've had it (I drive a lot for work) - and what's more, I bought it with 65K miles already on it! Note on previous review: the rear seats DO fold flat - you first have to flip the back seat cushion up towards the front, then fold the back seat rest down flat (read the owner's manual - the directions are right there). The sunroof/moonroof is 8 years old and still works perfectly and I use it every day - now that's saying something. The stereo still sounds great. The V40 is very quick, responsive and VERY, VERY, VERY comfortable on the freeway. The front seats are some of the most supportive I have ever felt. I always look forward to getting back in this car after driving a rental. Yup, I'll miss this car when I finally get rid of it. When it was in like new condition it received nice compliments all the time. Downsides: small backseat, silly front cupholder (which was redesigned in 2002/2003). drive safe!"

Wont't buy another!

By on Monday, February 4, 2008

"I bought this car used. In the second year I ownd it the front left coil spring broke and ruined a new snow tire. Had both replaced under extended warranty. Year and a half later left rear coil spring broke out of warranty replaced both rear coil springs. Today replaced the front left coil spring again and new snow tire again. Also had to replace an engine mount today.This car accelerates nicely for a 4cyl. Thats about all the nice things I can say about it."

great family car

By on Saturday, October 13, 2007

"This car is pretty amazing. If you are looking for something more upscale than the usual domestic or japanese small wagon, but you can't afford a 3 series BMW wagon or Audi A4, then this is the car for you. It doesn't handle like a bimmer or have an upscale interior like an Audi, but this little wagon is a handsome sporty looking car that has a great ride, peppy turbo engine, and gets an amazing 30 mpg on the highway. (for real) I have owned it for 3 years now, and it has been very reliable. Although the similarly priced Passat wagon is a bit larger, this volvo rides like a larger, smoother, more luxurious car thanks to the better sound proofing and smooth suspension. The 5 speed auto is a great shifting tranny also. It never wanders and always shifts at the time you want it to."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo V40 near Honolulu. See local deals