2000 Volvo V40

7.4

Based on 61 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

Love this car

By on Monday, September 3, 2007

"I bought his car used, fell in love at first site and drive and haven't regreted it since. Looks good, gets great comments and above all, lives up to the Volvo reputation. Turbo has the power you need when you need it. Not many around, but that is ok by me. I love the unusual styling used in these years by Volvo. When I get in any other car, including the really high priced competitors, I am happy to have this."

Wont't buy another!

By on Monday, February 4, 2008

"I bought this car used. In the second year I ownd it the front left coil spring broke and ruined a new snow tire. Had both replaced under extended warranty. Year and a half later left rear coil spring broke out of warranty replaced both rear coil springs. Today replaced the front left coil spring again and new snow tire again. Also had to replace an engine mount today.This car accelerates nicely for a 4cyl. Thats about all the nice things I can say about it."

great family car

By on Saturday, October 13, 2007

"This car is pretty amazing. If you are looking for something more upscale than the usual domestic or japanese small wagon, but you can't afford a 3 series BMW wagon or Audi A4, then this is the car for you. It doesn't handle like a bimmer or have an upscale interior like an Audi, but this little wagon is a handsome sporty looking car that has a great ride, peppy turbo engine, and gets an amazing 30 mpg on the highway. (for real) I have owned it for 3 years now, and it has been very reliable. Although the similarly priced Passat wagon is a bit larger, this volvo rides like a larger, smoother, more luxurious car thanks to the better sound proofing and smooth suspension. The 5 speed auto is a great shifting tranny also. It never wanders and always shifts at the time you want it to."

I LOVE my V40

By on Saturday, September 1, 2007

"I've owned my V40 for almost 7 years...a first for me. Previously, I'd only keep a car for 3 years, max. The car drives like a sports car and is extremely comfortable and reliable. On the down side, the brakes wore out at under 20,000 miles. Both cupholders have broken and the CD player skips when I hit a bump in the road which is extremely annoying. Also, the cupholder design wasn't well though-out as you cannot put in a CD if you have a cup in it! Having said that, overall, I've been very happy with this vehicle and it has maintained its value incredibly well."

zippy and practical

By on Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"this volvo has done me well. i have taken it on road trips and also use it as my daily commuter. i love that the seats fold down and i can use the back to haul stuff and still get 30 mpgs!! the turbo engine gives me power to accelerate when i need it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo V40 near Honolulu. See local deals