1998 Volvo S90

Based on 28 Ratings for the 1997 - 1998 models.

A Wonderful Car, but Expensive Repairs

By on Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"I bought this car used (I'm the second owner) three years ago, and I think I've spent around $3,800 in repairs since I've owned it. (In all fairness, one could have been avoided if I knew for sure the timing belt had been replaced.) I live in the city, and the mileage is very poor and the brakes wear out frequently. Those are the negatives. The positive is that I gave the car to my daughter who has driven several times from SF to LA and I don't worry about her safety at all. It's big, roomy, comfortable and above all, safe. The other positive is that we drove from San Diego to San Francisco on a single tank, which is a huge contrast from the poor mileage it gets from city driving. Would I recommend it? Yes, with the caveat that you might have to spend some bucks for comfort and safety."

Swan Song Of The RWD Volvo's.

By on Sunday, February 14, 2016

Pros: "True Swedish Luxury with safety the Volvo is known"

Cons: "Cup holders in center console could be better."

By The Yacht Club.

"The S90 is the last remaining iconic rear wheel drive Volvos produced and the 1998 model year was its swan song. This model not only competes very well with its European cousins such as Mercedes, BMW, Audi and the like but excels in overall fit, finish, performance and reliabilty. The S90 has such understated elegance, that belies its true heritage. Make no mistake it is a true Volvo with saftey a paramount issue and was the first to employ side air bags in this model year. Although some 17 years now into service, not many are available in the pre owned market. But by chance you find a well cared for S90, I recommend you buy it fast. There are no dissappointments with this vehicle and has all the creature comforts of anything offered today. I have had many Volvo's over the years and the S90 is a prime example of Volvo's time honored tradition of safety first. Cabin comfort is far and away in the tradition of fine craftsmanship. The fit and finish of the leather has to be seen to fully appreciate. And with the side air bag in the seat bolster, along with the SIPS system ensures driver and passenger safety. All seats have springs for added comfort with lumbar support. Same holds true of the rear seating. All who have rode in the back seat have given positive praise to the comfort and the rear reading lights add that additonal touch of class. Finely appointed wood trim and rear console that has two compartments. Eight speaker entertainment center with both CD and Cassette playback as well as AM/FM Radio. A very quiet and user friendly cabin. The S90 has more than withstood the test of time and continues to deliver the promise of what Swedish Luxury stands for. I have mine, now is the time for you to acquire, before they are gone forever. Not many S90 were made."

By The Yacht Club.

Excellent Vehicle

By on Monday, July 13, 2009

"I have owned 4 Volvo's and this is one of the best. I bought this car new and I am the only owner. It has preformed well and is reasonable in regard to cost upkeep."

a really fine automobile

By on Sunday, June 1, 2008

"I bought this car new. It now has over 155,000. It looks great--paint like new, no rattles and performs well in both city and highway driving. A friend told me when I bought it, it would be the last car I would ever own. I believe he was right."

Best car we've owned

By on Sunday, November 25, 2007

"Bought the car in 98 w/16,000 miles. The car is very solid, no rattles or squeeks. Very comfortable and quiet interior. Good ride and easy to drive. Great turning radius. No mechanical or electrical problems. Regular maintenance only for 155k and counting. Good power and decent gas milage. Paint and interior are still really good. Hard to find better in the long haul."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo S90 near Honolulu. See local deals