2010 Volvo S80

Based on 100 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

Comfortable, reliable, nice car

By on Sunday, January 10, 2016

Pros: "power, handling, brakes seat comfort"

Cons: "BLIS, occaasional AM static"

"I have an '11 T6 AWD and couldn't be happier. After 4 years and almost 50K miles, no issues, only had maintenance which was part of the warranty when I bought it new. The AWD tracks beautifully all the time, and goes through anything in the winter without hesitation with snows - almost could park it on the side of a building. I average 21 mpg overall, best has been 33; not bad. Solid handling, great ride, strong brakes, awesome seat comfort, and quick enough when you want it: 0-60 in 6.1 seconds according to the specs. I have had over 15 cars of different makes and this one has been the best. I normally switch every 3 years or so, but planning on keeping this one a while longer. Paint & interior are standing up very well, better than others I have owned. Shortcomings: Depreciation is steep on this car, don't know why - probably because it isn't sexy with lots of electronics like BMW and Audi; but that makes it a good buy if looking used, and the police won't pay you much attention(!). I have a lot of chips in the windshield, but probably due to time on the highway and the last few winters here that have been tougher than normal (glass is glass). The Blind Spot system (BLIS) falses a lot and is essentially useless in the rain, so I consider it merely a "suggestion". This is our 3th Volvo; we had good luck with the other ones so decided on this one when it was time. Love the safety on this car, and all Volvos."

Comfort, Strength, Style

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Power, handling, MPG, comfort, appearance."

"Have owned this car for four years. Only cost other than routine maintenance were self-inflicted problems. The V-8 roars down the highway and purrs on the backstreets. Still getting about 17mpg around town and 20 on the highway. The suspension is super smooth on the highways, and manages our New England potholes as well as any sedan. The leather seats are comfortable, controls give you every option you want. Moonroof just makes it fun. Even though it's a Volvo, it looks every bit like a European Sports Sedan. Best car I've ever owned."

Great Value

By on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Without question the best value in it's class. I've owned or driven extensively most everything in this class. For the money; BMW, Mercedes, Cadillac, Jaguar, and Lexus can't touch the S80's overall ride, handling, styling, and reliability. All of these competitors are many thousands of dollars more. Good job Volvo."

It shows what a car supposed to be

By on Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"I own a 3.2 front wheel drive model, and it is a comfortable one to drive. Not just in driving... but the seats- I love the seats, the enviornment inside the cabin, and the entire feel of the car. It is not jello comfy as a caddie, nor as ambiant sensory deprivaton of the Lexus. It is a middle ground between the European stiffness and the comfort of the Japanese ones. The thing about this car is the 'wholeness' of the entire staying in the car, which means, it is a well balanced car for the pleasure of the driving experince, not just the speed and fun in turning wheels and feeling the G-force. You can experience that in, lets say... a sports car. Anyway, it is definitely not a sports sedan at least the 3.2 model,It does not have the acceleration power which the T6 and V8 model has, but it is adequate for most, and to me, all the driving. So if you want power pay about $4000 more and go for the T6. I saw reviews that the T6 is almost par with the V8 which is the ultimate model of the s80 line up. If you really want the epitome of Swedish automaking - well, not the super super one like Koeenigsegg etc. -go for the V8. It's just a lovely car and about $10K expensive. But it will be fun to own in my point of view. I added the optional BLIS system and it is quite a helpful one. And the catching the timing to change lanes is far less stressful. The last car I had was an SUV and I almost mowed this civic at night and I did not see it in the mirror!!! Consequently I got a chance to witness the expression of the other driver in sign language. I don't think it will happen when I ride the S80. The optional Audio is fantastic. If you like car surround system, it will please the ears You could expect 20~21Mpg city and highway combined. And It is a volvo, IIHS test approved, traditionally regarded to be the safest car maker. If there are things to mention unsatisfactory about the car, lack of compartment to carry stuff is one. The Lack of AWD for the 3.2 is another, a bigger Gas tank would have been good And what else... the navi sys could have been tweaked better. But the compament problem you can fold the back seat so, it will help. AWD if you want one the T6 carries it. Gas tank... fill frequently. I hope they make a larger one volvo if they can. The navi, 2 free upgrades that volvo give will do it. Well, basically this is a luxury sedan for a great price. Thanks for reading"

King of the Road

By on Sunday, November 1, 2009

"I have had this 2010 for one month and when I ordered it I knew it was going to be good but when I took possession it was far better than I expected. The color -Magic Blue, the wheels - Odysseus, the leather -Sand stone beige all make for a good combination. The the ride is smooth and reponsive. I get quite a few looks when I drive especially from Mercedes drivers. I love the roar when the car starts and it has the power when needed. The Adaptive Cruise Control works flawlessly. So far this safety tank on four wheels is awesome!"

S stands for smooth

By on Friday, April 25, 2008

"This is the most refined, comfortable car I have ever owned. I've driven midsized to full size sedans for a long time. This is the best one yet. Acceleration is what I'd expect from an I-6. It won't throw your head back, but it has plenty of power. Handling is superior to anything I driven. It just goes where you point it. The only way I know I'm braking, is by the fact that I've stopped. The high end audio system has the ability to deafen you. Use the highest volume setting with extreme caution. Good job Volvo."

My Favorite Volvo Yet!

By on Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Pros: "Awesome driving exp & acceleration."

Cons: "Clumsy navigation input."

"We bought this Volvo used from Volvo dealer (S80 T6 AWD w/Inscription Pkg, premium sound/navig, BLIS etc). My wife & I get more positive comments about this car than any car we have owned in 34 years. The amber black paint with the 18" wheels looks sharp. At 300 hp, the acceleration is blistering and with AWD, this car is unstoppable in snow or inclement weather. We both enjoy driving this car and the handling instills confidence. No question the premium sound system will rock your world and could be the best sound system I've ever heard in a car. The only gripe is the clumsy navigation system input via toggle and the ALWAYS annoying moving vehicle input lock-out."

Best car I've ever owned.

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

"In my fifty years of driving, the last seven cars I've owned have been Volvos. The S-80 is the best I've owned. It's got 130K miles now, and no major maintenance issues (not even a timing belt). The AWD turbo is excellent."

Comfort, Strength, Style

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Power, handling, MPG, comfort, appearance."

No regrets!

By on Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"When shopping for a new car, almost every vehicle I test drove was several thousand dollars more than the S80. I drove it at the suggestion of a friend and am so happy they made the suggestion. The seats are by far the best ever, this vehicle handles better than the car I previously drove which was almost 30k more. It just proves that the higher price tag doesn't always mean better quality. I am now a Volvo customer for life."