2010 Volvo S80

Based on 101 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

Best car I've ever owned.

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

"In my fifty years of driving, the last seven cars I've owned have been Volvos. The S-80 is the best I've owned. It's got 130K miles now, and no major maintenance issues (not even a timing belt). The AWD turbo is excellent."

Comfort, Strength, Style

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Power, handling, MPG, comfort, appearance."

"Have owned this car for four years. Only cost other than routine maintenance were self-inflicted problems. The V-8 roars down the highway and purrs on the backstreets. Still getting about 17mpg around town and 20 on the highway. The suspension is super smooth on the highways, and manages our New England potholes as well as any sedan. The leather seats are comfortable, controls give you every option you want. Moonroof just makes it fun. Even though it's a Volvo, it looks every bit like a European Sports Sedan. Best car I've ever owned."

No regrets!

By on Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"When shopping for a new car, almost every vehicle I test drove was several thousand dollars more than the S80. I drove it at the suggestion of a friend and am so happy they made the suggestion. The seats are by far the best ever, this vehicle handles better than the car I previously drove which was almost 30k more. It just proves that the higher price tag doesn't always mean better quality. I am now a Volvo customer for life."

A Lot Of Bang For The Buck

By on Saturday, March 7, 2009

"As a sales professional, I frequently transport clients in my back seat. There is plenty of room for everyone in the S80. I considered all the other luxury/sport sedans on the market. This Volvo offered me the most for the least. More room than any of the similarly priced entry level competitors (318, C class, ES, GS). Love the PCC which lets me unlock and start my car without ever taking my key out of my purse. Love the perforated leather ventilated seats which can be heated or cooled. Though not a german sedan, with the Pirelli summer tires on 18" wheels, I haven't met a corner I didn't like. My lease is up at the end of the month; I've already put a deposit on an 09 T6 with AWD. Competent luxury at a great price."

I Love it!

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "security of having the safest luxury sedan"

Cons: "lower resale value than other luxury brands"

"I purchased my 2012 S80 used. It is mechanically sound and has not had any reliability problems. The 3.2 inline-six is silky smooth and accelerates quickly for such a heavy car. The ride is solid and comfortable. I have the 650-watt 12-speaker sound system and it is awesome! I bought this car over the Benz I was considering in the same price range and have no regrets. The interior is elegant and the seats are the best. Even my friend with a Lexus said my seats are more comfortable! I plan on keeping it for a very long time. It's nice to drive a car that is not so common on the road."

Keeping this until it dies

By on Thursday, March 24, 2011

"Bought the vehicles for city driving after it served as a dealer service loaner with 5k miles. It has not disappointed me. My second Volvo, plan on keeping this one until it dies. Now with 41,000 miles, bought tires, done basic service, but no major problems, service, or recalls. I gave Performance "4 stars" for "good", but the 3.2 I bought is perfect for my driving habits. It is not about performance for me. That is why they make a turbo. Drives great in snow, ice, rain, and dry conditions. Love the BLIS (blind spot warning lights) in traffic. The climate package and rubber floor mats are a must for northern climates. Gas mileage has been 17mpg in city, 25 on highway, but 30 if I drive 65mph. Great basic stereo. I rear ended a SUV at idle speed and suffered a minimal surface scratch to the front end. The SUV needed $1,100 in repairs. Negatives: For a family of five, wish it had more interior and trunk room on longer road trips. But that's not why we bought it. I would recommend the '08 S80!"

One of The Best

By on Monday, January 7, 2008

"Bought this car in Feb 2006. Have driven it throughout the Chicago area in all types of weather and consistently have averaged 21 - 22 miles per gallon. On a trip to Las Vegas thru Colorado, we averaged 29 - 30 miles per gallon. My wife who is deathly afraid of driving in the mountains happened to be driving as we entered Glenwood Canyon. I asked if she wanted to switch drivers, she said "no". Later that day she told me that for the first time in her life she was not afraid of driving in the mountains. The car handles so well that she felt totally safe and in control at all times. This is from a woman that has been along California 1 north of San Francisco, but has never seen it. By the way I love the turbo the power comes on quickly and accelerates snoothly. Just a great safe car."

Very comfortable, reasonable power.

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Price, good ride, great safety features."

Cons: "Nothing yet."

"Bought this car (2103) as an Executive Demo with ~6K on it. Had a minor issue with the Parking Sensors requiring service - Ened up being a loose cable - but other than that its been great. This vehicle came fully loaded. It is very comfortable and has adequate HP. It's the T6 AWD. New England winters require that. Best features I like are the BLIS and Lane Departure Warning System. The ride is outstanding and is very comfortable on longer rides. Cannot comment on reliability yet."

Comfortable and stylish

By on Monday, January 21, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, well appointed interior, large trunk"

Cons: "not for curvy twisty roads"

"The Volvo S80 is the flagship of the Volvo line. It performs best when on the open road. The S80's ride is smooth and the seats are comfortable and the instrument package is clean and understandable. Be careful however, not to get a lead foot, since the ride belies the speed you are driving."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Sunday, March 27, 2011

"Have had this vehicle for two years. PCS= Performance, Comfort, Safety. Without a doubt the most comfortable seats ever, powerfull acceleration, and the legendary safety of a Volvo. Car is solid, love it."

Quite Elegance

By on Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Clean lines inside and out. Interior is especially pleasing to the eye, the subtle lines of the dash, heck that's how I'd characterized the exterior as well. Love the Sandstone leather interior. Stereo (Dyaudio) is a winner w/ the USB connection. So far no concerns about quality. Engine is adequate; 3.2 L, ride is certainly comfortable. Clearly near luxury for less than its competitors."

Rides like a dream

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"Rides like a dream. Extremely comfortable on long trips. You can easily get lost listening to the premium sound system. Onboard bluetooth integrated phone system is simple to operate. The car is built very solid and tight. Overall it's extremely reliable and comfortable transportation, bar none. This is my sixth Volvo and I would buy another Volvo without question."

Perfect In Every Way

By on Friday, July 4, 2008

"I have driven maybe 8 BMWs in a row and was ready for a change. I am glad I did! This is the most comfortable car I have ever driven. The seats are the best on the road. And the car drives like the love child of a BMW 5-series and a Caddy CTS -- the perfect blend of Euro handling and American comfort."

My Favorite Volvo Yet!

By on Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Pros: "Awesome driving exp & acceleration."

Cons: "Clumsy navigation input."

"We bought this Volvo used from Volvo dealer (S80 T6 AWD w/Inscription Pkg, premium sound/navig, BLIS etc). My wife & I get more positive comments about this car than any car we have owned in 34 years. The amber black paint with the 18" wheels looks sharp. At 300 hp, the acceleration is blistering and with AWD, this car is unstoppable in snow or inclement weather. We both enjoy driving this car and the handling instills confidence. No question the premium sound system will rock your world and could be the best sound system I've ever heard in a car. The only gripe is the clumsy navigation system input via toggle and the ALWAYS annoying moving vehicle input lock-out."

Saying I love it will not do it justice!

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"Exceptional ride and comfort. Low interior noise. Great performance. Will never own a Mercedes again! Way better car for the money."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Power, comfort, style"

Cons: "poor gas mileage"

"This is a great car."

Outstanding car - comfortable, solid, trouble free

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "Solid, comfortable, reliable"

Cons: "Utilitarian styling, gas mileage, interior leather"

"Bought this car used from the original owner. Runs great and is quiet and solid. I've owned lots of luxury cars and this one is towards the top. It is comfortable, nicely styled, and reliable. I'd buy a new one in an instant. Only downside is the minimalist styling, less than average gas mileage, and staining of the leather (they use eco friendly tanning process which is not as durable as other manufacturers). I[ve had no issues with how it drives and handles. Dealership says that they do not see the new S80 (redesigned in 2007) in for anything other than routine maintenance (I didn't see any other S80's there when I was getting my oil serviced). Great car and awesome value used. More people should be looking for used 2007 S80's in the 15k range instead of Camry's and Accords - way more car, luxurious, and just as reliable. Great job Volvo!"

My most favorite car EVER

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "everything!"

"I'm 54 years old, been driving for 39 years and have never loved a car so much! This is hands down the most fun I have ever had driving :) It's comfortable, safe, reliable, beautiful and FAST. I hope it lasts until my kids take my keys away. If not, I would buy another one without hesitation. When I was car shopping the salesman had to beg me to drive a Volvo, but now I wouldn't consider anything else."

Awesome Vehicle!

By on Sunday, November 21, 2010

"Hands down an outstanding car! This is the third Volvo I have bought and is the best of the fleet that I now own. I have an 02 S60, 07 C70, and now a 2010 S80 and for the $$$ you pay, you get a whole lot vehicle. Especially in my case, as I purchased all mine while station in Germany as a member of the US military. You cannot go wrong by purchasing a Volvo, no matter which model you like. My only recommendation is, if you are buying one, take the factory delivery option and make a vacation of it. I guarantee you will not regret it."

2007 S80 3.2

By on Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Possibly Volvo's best car to date. Updated styling with very nice lines a dramatic improvement over 06. Car accelerates and handles extremely well compared to competitors in this price range. Could use a few more HP, but V8 not worth the extra $$$. Driver's seat might just be the most comfortable in the industry. If Ford put these seats in all of their makes they would have a lot of happy customers."

Great car!

By on Friday, September 28, 2007

"Comfortable, quick, quiet - love this car! After years of driving a huge SUV, I was delighted to give those keys to my son and be able to tool around in this baby!!!"

Excellent value and driving characteristics

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "You are not overwhelmed by tech but it is there"

Cons: "Leaky door seals. Almost no complaints"

"As we required an all wheel drive vehicle we initially looked at a BMW. I had been a BMW owner for 20 years but when I drove AWD 5 series I didn't like it - felt sluggish off the line and too much technology. The computer screen was very distracting. I then did some more research and found the S80 T6 was actually faster off the line than the BMW as well as $10,000 less. Drove it and fell in love. Especially great on long distance drives - extremely comfortable and cruises with the best of them. But the appropriate comparison is with other AWD vehicles, as most comparable RWD are lighter and therefore faster off the line. But this has plenty of omph. This car is very much under rated head to head but especially so when price is added."

A Sporty Sedan For Volvo Lovers

By on Saturday, February 7, 2009

"End of year good deal on '08 S80 with sports package as prior Volvo owner.PROS:IMPRESSIVE style and profile;Excellent seat comfort w/infinite controls; Easy to operate and accessible controls (many from steering wheel;Great cruise control; Convenience features w/sports package;Quiet;Roomy;Good visibility;Regular gas. CONS:More texture in lthr seats(a bit slippery);MPG (25-29 on trip) less than my '99 S70 (27-30); DSTC default should be OFF not ON (better mileage);Low profile tire expensive, stiff ride, wider cornering, less mpg;Narrow entry to large trunk;Little history on new engine design;Satellite radio, all wthr mats and more options should be incl in price. A SPORTY SEDAN FOR VOLVO LOVERS (A Good Alternative to a BMW)"

Great value!

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Value, safety"

Cons: "Ride is not as smooth as my Buick."

"I bought this car used as a second car for my commute and for my kids to drive occasionally. Very comfortable and smooth. Great value for the money in my opinion. Has been very reliable and I feel very good about my kids driving this car. Not as sporty as a comparable BMW or Audi but much more economical. I am happy so far after 2 years of ownership."

This is a beautiful, very safe car

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Incredibly beautiful car with many safety features"

"It is one of the safest cars on the road. It has every safety feature possible. Cameras completely surround the outside of the car and alert you when you are approaching anything. It automatically stops when the car in front stops. It flashes a light when cars approach on the side. It has air conditioned front seats and an excellent sound system. I bought this car because of its safety features. It has an I system that alerts you if anybody has gotten into your car and is not visible. It has amazing features. It is computerized and literally tells you everything about the car, including telling you your tires are low. It is in perfect condition."