2010 Volvo S80

Based on 101 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

Wonderful car

By on Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pros: "Great handling, safety on highway"

"I keep this car maintained by the dealer and have no problems with it. It is the best car I have ever owned. Beats my Toyota and Honda cold - worth the extra cost, since no additional repairs have been required, unlike eithe the Toyota or Honda - total cost of ownership is much better."

Very nice car. Traditional Volvo Styling

By on Friday, March 4, 2016

Pros: "Fit and finish, value performance."

Cons: "old styling."

"The car drives excellent, has good power and is very efficient. The interior is plush and the fit and finish is superb. Love the feel of the car and the smooth, quiet power delivery. Two minor complaints: The navigation system is about 100 feet away from your location. Had the dealer update the software, but no joy, still tells me to turn as I pass the street. Second, I frequently push the rear seat headrest release when I mean to push the seat heater. Its location on the panel should be more remote. Otherwise, fantastic car."

One great car.

By on Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"Great style. Awesome acceleration with the Yamaha V8. Owned it 3 years and have had to do nothing but oil changes and tires (of course)."

Most comfortable, reliable and low maintenance car

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "Awesome sound system, Fun to drive, Good storage"

Cons: "Visors dotn't extend far, small glove box"

"This car is has POWER, is really quiet, and handles just as well as when I boght it and the exterior and interior maintain excellantly. I love the divideable storage area in the trunk and that there is so much room. The sound system is awesome too."

Tremendous comfort on a long drive. Responsive.

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pros: "Awesome, stable, pretty car."

Cons: "Tires for the wheel size are no longer common and are expensive."

"This is my second Volvo. A dramatic improvement over my 1998 Cross Country. Smooth acceleration. Incredible braking. I can only compare the seat comfort to my old BMW 7 series. Great lines. Got over 30 MPG don a recent 3000 mile trip that encompassed both highway and some city driving."

'08 S80 V8 sport pkg

By on Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"I recently purchased an '08 S80 V8 w/ 8K miles in silver w/ the sport pkg. MSRP was $54K , paid exactly 1/2. Traveled to DC area to buy it from a Volvo dealer who used the car a svc loaner, so technically it was used, but had all the books, window sticker, etc. Drove it back last month to NE Ohio; love the power, comfort and value! Was about to purchase a Jag XF or '09 Mecedes E350 Sport, but found this car instead. I like the fact that I seldom see any and having the extra power on-tap, but usually just cruising in it easy. I do wish it was somewhat smaller and lighter, but compared to the new Taurus SHO & MKS, it seems tiny. These are underated and great cars IMO and highly recommended, especially pre-owned."

Love the ride of this vehicle!

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "Love to drive in comfort"

Cons: "Not enought cup holders"

"My husband and I had this car as a rental for the week in Florida ans we love it so much that we came back home and traded our BMW and our Durango for not one but two of the S80 Volvo!!!! We are very happy with our choice......"

Has been a great road car, in all types of weather

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "comfort, value, interior fit and finish, awd"

Cons: "gas mileage, low profile rims are delicate"

"Are is very comfortable and reasonably quiet, with plenty of power from turbo six, exec package is attractive and controls are easy to use, mileage of 23-24 on the highway is okay, not great, low profile rims on all season tires can be too delicate for a road bump, trunk is big, and car easily accomodates four large adults, seats are fabulous."

Safe, comfortable and affordable luxury

By on Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, style, safety, nicely bundled convenience packages, great local dealer"

Cons: "high pressure turbo adds power but sacrifices mileage, a bit jerky around town"

"January 2011 traded fully equipped 2008 Sport S80 in excellent condition for 2011 T6 AWD with many convenience features, e.g. adaptive cruise,collision warning, rear park assist, blis,serius radio, heated/colled seats. Sacrificed some mileage (was getting over 30 on trips- now under 26), but retained comfort and gained the desired safety in all weather conditions. Plenty of power on road, but a bit jerky around town. Had a 1999 S70 with low pressure turbo and wish Volvo had kept that for newer models-greater gas mileage and much smoother.Volvo options better bundled and priced than the a la art options offered by BMW, Audi et al. Got the safe and secure package and love my local dealer."

Comfortable, reliable, nice car

By on Sunday, January 10, 2016

Pros: "power, handling, brakes seat comfort"

Cons: "BLIS, occaasional AM static"

"I have an '11 T6 AWD and couldn't be happier. After 4 years and almost 50K miles, no issues, only had maintenance which was part of the warranty when I bought it new. The AWD tracks beautifully all the time, and goes through anything in the winter without hesitation with snows - almost could park it on the side of a building. I average 21 mpg overall, best has been 33; not bad. Solid handling, great ride, strong brakes, awesome seat comfort, and quick enough when you want it: 0-60 in 6.1 seconds according to the specs. I have had over 15 cars of different makes and this one has been the best. I normally switch every 3 years or so, but planning on keeping this one a while longer. Paint & interior are standing up very well, better than others I have owned. Shortcomings: Depreciation is steep on this car, don't know why - probably because it isn't sexy with lots of electronics like BMW and Audi; but that makes it a good buy if looking used, and the police won't pay you much attention(!). I have a lot of chips in the windshield, but probably due to time on the highway and the last few winters here that have been tougher than normal (glass is glass). The Blind Spot system (BLIS) falses a lot and is essentially useless in the rain, so I consider it merely a "suggestion". This is our 3th Volvo; we had good luck with the other ones so decided on this one when it was time. Love the safety on this car, and all Volvos."