2009 Volvo S80

Based on 102 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

By on Thursday, February 24, 2011

"Handles wet roads like a dream. Milage is good for a all wheel drive, handle the road well and goes over the steep grades like they were not there."

Best all around vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"I have the S80 All Wheel Drive model with the Yamaha 4.4 V8 engine. It is extremely quick but at the same time has one of the most comfortable rides. Of course with 3 ride settings to choose from you can cruise in total comfort. Fit and finish is superb. I've had mine 2 years now and put around 30K on it with no problems. My wife keeps wanting to drive it! The growl of the exhaust turns heads but not noticeable in the cabin. The features are too numerous to list. Stickered over 57K! The more I drive it the more I like it. I live in the snow mountains of PA so I stuck some nice snow tires on it during the winter. It performed terrifically as long as I stayed within its proper ground clearance of snow. (Not uncommon to snow over a foot at a time here). If you cannot tell by now I'll spell it out: Love the performance and love the comfort. It's the best of both worlds."

LOVE MY NEW VOLVO

By on Sunday, January 2, 2011

"FROM A LEXUS LUXURY SEDAN INTO THIS SWEDISH SPENDOR. DRIVES LIKE A BENTLY, COMFORT OF A MAYBACH, PERFORMANCE OF A PORSCHE. I LOVE THIS CAR AND EVERY ONE OF ITS FEATURES, DEPENDABILITY, NO PRESSURE SALES, PRICING, FEATURES, TECHNOLOGY AND SAFETY. BEST CAR FOR THE MONEY ON THE US MARKET."

I have owned this car from new and love it!

By on Friday, November 24, 2017

Pros: "Safe and reliable car & fun to drive"

Cons: "Not a flashy car poo radio quality low gas milage."

"In seven years of driving this car and racking up 145,000 miles, it has given me no problems other than my AM radio station not working properly and the dealer it seems cant understand or care to find the problem. The car has been more reliable than my old Range Rover SHI, BMW 6, SL 550 & my 2009 S550 sedan that I have owned over the years. I purchased my S80 turbo in 2010 new. This is the most reliable car I have ever owned and Im considering sometime in 2019 buying the new S90 T6 and giving my S80 to my teenage son that would love to drive it for the next 5 years. Cant say enough about the safety and reliability and comfort of my Volvo, they are great cars!"

Love my S80

By on Monday, May 17, 2010

"I have an '09 3.2, black with tan leather. Love the looks , ride and comfort. Only problem was a failed power steering rack which is very unusual. These racks rarely go bad, if ever and mine must have had an undetected defect. Power is very good when you want it, especially on the highway when passing, stomp on the gas and it takes off! Around town the power is very reserved when you are light on the pedal, but from a stop if you are aggressive when pulling into traffic, the car takes off in a much more spirited manner, it flies! I have owned 5 other Volvos and this one is by far the best all around Volvo I have owned."