2006 Volvo S80

7.3

Based on 322 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.4/10

Fantastic Four

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I love this car! Have three kids and they all fit comfortably in the car. Smooth ride, great handling, strong engine and awesome gas mileage. I consistently avg 24 mpg between highway/city driving of 35%/65%. A minor vibration sound on front inside door panels occassionally due to their design is the only "quality" issue I had. Handles great in the snow with FWD. AWD doesn't improve wet/snow traction that considerably for the price difference."

European class luxury and performance

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "excellent styling and power, extremely comfortable"

Cons: "reliability is an issue"

"I purchased this car when it was 2 years old, and I have put over 130,000 miles on it myself. The T6 is wonderfully powerful and so comfortable. It makes long trips effortless and fun. The only bad thing about the car is...it simply will eat you alive on maintenance once things start to go wrong. Coil packs are a particular item it consumes with wild abandon, to the cost of about $400 per visit. If you are prepared to spend some money now and then, and have some decent mechanical skills to where you can do some of the work yourself, this car is awesome. Otherwise, pass...pass...PASS!"

AMAZING CAR

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Heat and AC works amazing, seats are so comfy!!"

"One of the best cars I have ever owned. Really reliable, comfortable, and all the gagets are so much help!!"

Reliable, Very fast.

By on Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pros: "Fast Fun Great looking car"

Cons: "Dont keep its value as other jap cars"

"This is my third volvo i've owned and boy isnt it the best. The only problem was the check eng light came on occasionally but it was all about the fuel cap and that was the only repair i've did to it ($9)yes Nine dollars thats all what i paid on the car since i've owned it, if you are thinking about buying one of these go with the T6 model i had the 2.9 s80 and i didnt like it at all it was really slow and under powered comparing to the T6 and there is no difference in the MPG at all"

Worst Car Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"The quality just doesn't exist in this vehicle. With everything from the headlight wipers, driver side mirror, moon roof tracks, seat heaters, computer modules, relays, and side marker lights going bad and very high priced repair costs, this vehicle is one to avoid. This was my first and last Volvo. A person is much better off dealing with similar repair costs for a more reliable Japanese car or less expensive repairs (though less reliable) for a domestic car. There's no way I would recommend a Volve to anyone."

Love to Drive it

By on Saturday, May 22, 2010

"Bought used with 20,000 miles, was a rental car. Love the power of the turbo and gets great gas mileage. Not had problems with it."

Volvo for life

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

"This was my first Volvo we purchased and we love it we have always owned Honda, sorry Honda we have upped the ante. Hondas last but Volvos laaaaasssssttttt forever. We will buy another Honda when my son graduates if he wants a Volvo he will have to admire ours or buy his own. I love this car."

Swedish Beauty

By on Sunday, September 20, 2009

"Attractive car inside and out, and one of few cars in its category that accommodate a 6' 3' with headroom to spare. Biggest issue is Volvo as a company/dealer network does address what an independent mechanic will tell you are known and predictible service problems, and instead charges unconscionable prices for parts to address problems that are related to faulty design"

Great used car

By on Monday, February 23, 2009

"We bought our S80 in 2003 with 26k miles. It still had 3 years left on the warranty which we did have to use a few times. Most of the issues were with the suspension which is very tight and can be an issue with Pittsburgh pot holes. Since the warranty expired 3 years ago we have spent $500 in repairs. We maintain the car per the manual and it has been great. Still fun to drive and in reasonable condition. It is going on 10 years old and shows no signs of conking out."

WORK HORSE

By on Sunday, February 15, 2009

"This car is a work horse, drive it above 200-300 miles daily in LA-Southern Ca area. Great mpg, but if you don't turn wrenches you may want to think twice. Goes thru brakes but I just buy new rotors and ceramic pads for $80 bucks and swap out in garage. Coils go out but $57 bucks on internet and 15 min you can change them. Top motor mount went out, $98 and 5 minutes changed it and fuel pump went out $1100 bucks! would never buy one new but got mine with 25k on it for $18k just 2 years old! less than half the sticker, so for the price of a new Hyndai I got a great car. put 90k on it in 2.5 years other than fuel pump, just minor repairs, love it!"