ZIP code

1999 Volvo S80

7.3

Based on 322 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.4/10

EHHHH?!

By on Saturday, June 28, 2008

"This Car for me has been reliable as can be as far as driving goes, it seems to me that this car seems to have more electrical problems than mechanical problems. This car for me the onboard computer actually went out for me but was under extended warranty. Screen would say "Brake Failure, stop safely asap" and after getting that replaced it is just minor problems like electrical shorts with headlights and brake lights. Still running great at 104k"

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"O2 sensor has gone out 2X in 20 months(80K-117K). Gets around 24 in town and 26-27 hwy(driving 75). Retail value is high compared to Trade-In value."

"Check engine light" works very well!

By on Saturday, June 21, 2008

""Check engine light" has been on every month for the last 6 months--dealer, indep shops, NO ONE can get to the bottom of the problem. Engine surges then dies, transmission shifts at wrong points--each time the shops say something different is wrong, and nothing they do corrects the problem. This is the fourth Volvo I have owned--loved the others (86 240DL; 96 850; 99 V70)--but after this lemon I will NOT purchase another Volvo until Consumer Reports rates them as highly as Toyotas."

Unreliable

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"I bought this car mainly for its safety ratings. As a new mom, I was looking for the safest car on the market. Unfortunately, my Volvo S80 has disappointed. I believe safety is not only needed if there is a crash, but also knowing your car will start if you're far away from home with your infant. Too many times my S80 just wouldn't start because it thought it was in drive when it was in park. It is currently at the dealer for the fifth time in less than two years. A relative who is a mechanic told me that I could start it in neutral if I needed to . .. you would think the dealership would tell me that so I wouldn't have to tow it there! Anyway, of course it's one of those many things that isn't covered under warranty. I won't be getting a Volvo for my next vehicle."

Awful Car

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"Shoddy workmanship and design. Engine blew out and had to be completely replaced under warranty. Everything broke on this car."