1999 Volvo S80

7.3

Based on 322 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.4/10

Good car!

By on Friday, February 6, 2009

"2005 S80: My only complaint is the ride on rough roads; at highway speeds, it matches the big American cars. Handles well; never felt this secure in a car. One problem with the gearshift locking up on me, but that's been cured; otherwise, a solid and dependable car. Roomy enough on the inside; trunk's a bit on the small side. Dealerships (I've dealt with two, one at home, one on vacation) have been excellent. Plan to buy another S80."

Do NOT Recommend

By on Thursday, November 6, 2008

"I bought this car 3 years ago and have already pumped over $5,000 of repairs into it. I replaced the transmission in the summer of ‘07 and I found out today that I need to replace it again! The owner before me had the transmission replaced as well, so that makes at least 3 transmission replacements, that I know of! The car looks great and feels great, but it is NOT worth it at all. I’ve spent way too much money on this piece of junk and I’m done with it. I will never own another Volvo again, what a waste of money."

not the worst but not the best

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"did not hold up well, always an issue with the electrical system and sun roof . was hit in the front end buy a car going 50 miles and hour and the air bags did not deploy. I did walk away but afraid to own another one."

Good Safe and Reliable car

By on Sunday, August 31, 2008

"I have it since Sep 04 (2005 model). No major problem at all yet, but some minors covered under warranty. The Volvo dealer provided free coffee and free ride to/from work or home. This is very safe and reliable, but I wouldn't recommend this vehicle unless you live or work very close by a volvo dealer. You wouldn't find a mechanic who can work on this car easily (even for the engine oil change)."

EXCELLENT CAR!!

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2008

"I bought a 2000 T6 model for my wife's birthday 3 years ago, and she loves it as much today as she did when she got it. Purchased another one for myself (2001 T6) a year ago for $4500 from someone who hated it. I haven't had any problems with either car, and DIY repairs are not all that difficult on them, either! Performance is excellent from both the engine and the suspension, and the braking system is the best I've seen on any vehicle I've owned. Also, with a car this safe, I don't have to worry about my family!"

not worth the price

By on Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"We have a 2005 volvo s80 we bought it new. The car has good acceleration and is quiet. The problem that we have had is a starting problem. It has been in the shop 6 times for this problem and yet to be fixed correctly. Now the waranty has expired and I am left holding the bag. A very unplesant company to deal with. Good luck."

2005 Solid, comfortatble, trouble free

By on Saturday, November 3, 2007

"I don't know about earier models of the S80. Leased new, In line 5 turbo, is very strong in the power range that is typically used. Fuel ecconomy is quite good, Averaging about 24 in mixed driving, and over 30 on the highway. Impressive for a vehicle with this kind of room and performance. The only detractors are a wide turning radius and a radio with ackward tuning. It may have taken a few years but Volvo seems to have gotten the S80 sorted out. This will be replaced with another leased Volvo in 08. But will make someone a great 200,000K car."

Safe, Practical Luxury

By on Friday, October 26, 2007

"Bought this car as certified pre-owned almost 5 years ago when my commute was 65 minutes each way. Wanted, no, NEEDED to be comfortable... this car is like driving your living room! Now it's my 'station car' - 10 minutes each way, and 120,000 relatively trouble-free miles later, I'm sticking with Volvo, but can't decide among another S80, a C70, S60 or XC90. Not a bad dilemna to have!"

Love, love, love my Volvo S80.

By on Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Pros: "Great handling car with lots of power!"

Cons: "No close dealership to have car serviced."

"My S80 is a great car, easy to handle once you get use to the power. I have own this car since 08/2004. It is beautiful. I get at least 20 miles to a gallon in the city driving. This car is great on road trips. Never had any problems. I do have it serviced as scheduled. Two concerns. First, the phone system was removed (analog) but they left the hand piece which made no sense to me. Second, I always have my car serviced at the dealership, but I have had two dealers to close. So I must travel farther each time to a Volvo dealership. I pray the third dealership does not close. I want to purchase another Volvo but I like the connivence of doing business close to home. I also owned a 1990 240 DL. loved that Volvo as well. The Volvo staff I have worked with are all outstanding service providers. Again. I love my Volvo!"

My 2002 Volvo Is The Best Car I've Ever Owned.

By on Sunday, October 6, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks beautiful, the price was great"

Cons: "None has everything you would want in a vehicle!"

"The car has been to Ohio, New York and Florida. Along the way on each trip, no problems, and the ride is like riding on cloud 9. The leather is Luxurious, like riding on a comfortable couch! The wood grain trimmings put the icing on the cake. The cabin is so quite which allows me to listen to my music on one of the best systems ever! While riding in the summer heat the ice cold air condition unit has never let me down. Mileage on the highway is awesome, not bad around town as well. I Love my Volvo!!"