1999 Volvo S70

8.4

Based on 213 Ratings for the 1998 - 2000 models.

Great But Expensive to Fix

By on Monday, January 31, 2011

"Well first of all I love the s70. Great ride, very comfortable seats, and well just cruises wonderfully. The 2.4 L 5 cylinder has ample power to get you where you need to go, but does lack the pep you get with the turbo. The s70 is a gas sipper though I usually average about 26 mpg combined between city and highway. The FWD winter driving setting conquers in the MN snow. I have had 80,000 miles behind the wheel and the car has 170,000 miles on it. Which brings me to sad part. It is darn expensive to fix. I have no doubt that the motor, transmission, and all moving parts will last forever! Unfortunately that doesn't include wear and tear. Here are a few for example: tie rods, brakes, shocks and struts, motor mounts and bushings, ball joints, strut mounts. Best advice: Don't buy if you don't have a good Volvo mechanic that appreciates the value of using "lightly" used parts, because volvo parts are expensive!"

Out did the Energizer bunny!

By on Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"We've had our 99 S70 AWD for 10 years and have over 265,000 miles on it. Other than a few electronic problems in the early years, this car has been phenomenal. I'm now getting it ready to sell and in taking a hard look at the car while cleaning it up has reminded me of the great features it has and how well the seat & fabrics have lasted. Even realized today that the steering wheel telescopes!! Duh!. At 200,000 miles Volvo did an upgrade on the software so ours now has 205 HP instead of the 195 HP it came with. The engine is still very smooth running and I can go between oil changes without adding oil. Really think I'm going to miss it. It has class, quality, and certainly long term reliability."

Volvo For Life!

By on Saturday, October 4, 2008

"I have driven my Volvo S70 for the last seven years and have loved every minute of it! The car's engine provides peaks performance and excels quickly. Even though it is classified as a "sedan," the S70 is extremely stylish, classy - friends who have driven my car consider it a sports car - and since it has four doors, there's plenty of room for people and groceries! Fold the back seats down and you've got plenty of room for a Home Depot shopping spree. My favorite thing that I love about my S70, is when it rains - push the "W" button and off you go! Turn corners at 20 MPH with wet, slick roads and you have become "one with the road" - absolutely no slipping and sliding! I LOVE MY VOLVO! I have now become a "Volvo for Life" driver."

Well Built Swedish Car - SOLID

By on Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pros: "Excellent value for the money, solid heavy car with a powerful engine due to the TURBOCHARGER"

Cons: "I can't honestly think of any."

"This 1998 S70 GLT is a well built and solid car. Built for the tough Winters back in Sweden, it has performed in an excellent manner in California. The dual overhead cams with TURBOCHARGING makes this car accelerate very well onto the freeways. Its materials and workmanship is superior to any other car I have owned in my life !! Mechanically it is SUPERIOR !! I have maintained my car according to manufacturers specifications and my major purchases have been one new set of tires, one new set of brakes all around, and it rides as well now as the day i drove it off the new car sales lot. EXTREMELY HAPPY with my purchase as SAFETY has always been a major concern. This car is well ahead of its competitors in safety features. It has full time running lights which some 2012 models of cars still do NOT provide ( i.e., Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, Infiniti, Acura ). It was built WAY ahead of its time and I plan on keeping it for a long time !! If you can get your hands on one, grab it immediately. Great for transporting kids and animals. The TRACS feature which is awesome has helped me in the snow up in the mountains. Greatest investment in a car that i have ever made !!!"

Still Happy After 13 Years!

By on Saturday, November 20, 2010

"I purchased my Volvo S70 brand new in 1997. It is a 1998 model year. I have 260,000 miles on it. I have faithfully done all of the regular maintenance and changed the oil every 3k miles. It is a great car!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo S70 near Honolulu. See local deals