2014 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,884 - $29,829.

10/7.8

Based on 60 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Comfortable with significant limitations

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "Beautiful car, comfortable."

Cons: "Horrible controls for phone, radio, trip control"

"I have owned this car for 7 months, it has about 7800 miles on it. The car is gorgeous, I have Caspian Blue with the light tan interior. It is also very comfortable. I was also seriously considering an Audi A4 and BMW 328i. I've owned a few Audi's. The handling of the Volvo S60 is not nearly as good as an A4 or 3Series BMW. Comfort was more important so I bought the Volvo. However because of the "info-tainment" limitations I am re-thinking my choice. This car takes 3 steps where another car would take one to say change the radio station. I just assumed I could press a button and be connected to my phone. Nope. I can't even hang up the phone from the steering wheel. I have seen Chevy's and Hyundai's with more intuitive and useful controls. I have also been without my car for a total of 8 days because of faulty parts."

Looks great but inferior handling and technology

By on Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Pros: "Exterior looks, comfy seats, pickup"

Cons: "Ancient technology, stability, lack of convenience"

"I love the way my S60 looks. It's a sexy, yet elegant car. The seats are very comfy and no big mechanical problems in the first three years. I owned a BMW x3 (in the shop too many times) before this and they are miles apart on handling. The bmw held the road, but the Volvo feels like it could spin out. No fun. It feels like a lightweight compared to other cars I have owned. It does have very good pickup. It lags tremendously in the technology front. I've had numerous issues (too many too mention)with the Bluetooth that the service guys say is the limits of the car. My daughters Passat has a better system. Lots of issues with the heat and keyless entry too. I've owned a P1800 and a Volvo wagon. I wanted to love this car. She's a pretty girl, goes fast, but there's not much under the hood and she's just not modern. Also, if you have an issue with the dealership, Volvo will not help you at all."

Yeah I can afford a Benz --- but why?

By on Monday, February 02, 2015

Pros: "Engine, gas mileage, safety, fit and finish"

Cons: "Nav and radio controls to die for"

"Forget the pointed stars and the over-hyped Japanese imports, bask in the knowledge that you have the best value on the road with one of the finest four cylinder engines in production. One that sips gas and pulls off the line like a 6. The seats are among the most comfortable in the category and unless you plan on driving like Mario, forget the sports bucket option. The display is cool and the electronics work. Downside is the positively clunky UI on the nav and radio controls...but heck, if I wanted to change the channel that often I'd stay home in the den! Think no more, friends, let your neighbors show off their Teutonic crests while you take comfort in the fact you saved thousands...in gas alone! Make sure this car is on your consideration list and test drive one. What's the worst that can happen...you'll fall in love with a beautiful Swede :)"

Drives & looks great. first Volvo always had Saab

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive & great styling"

Cons: "small trunk & no spare"

"Only complaint is small trunk, no spare tire & depreciation. Drives great & very comfortable for driver & front passenger."

Excellent balance of performance and comfort

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Excellent power and comfort balance"

Cons: "Average cornering, front wheel spin on take off"

"Really a great car. Wish the AWD system was weighted more to the rear than the front in normal driving. I have Polestar tuning as well, great add on. Interior is great. Back seat is not as cramped as described in some reviews and I am 6'2"."