2012 Volvo S60

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Best compromise among entry level luxury cars!

By on Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Pros: "Safety features, Comfortable seats, Economy,"

Cons: "Front seat chair rails too visible,"

"After selling my beloved 2006 Acura TSX and studying cars for about 2 years, I decided on the 2016 S-60 Inscription. Did not need the extra leg room in the back but is was the only vehicle with the platinum series that I wanted. Test drove the MB C class, Audi 4, BMW 328, Mazda 6 and all of these vehicles had their pluses. Volvo was a good blend of all of them, especially since it uses regular gas, saving 60-80 cents a gallon. Have been averaging 32 mpg on mixed driving. Handling is fine, brakes great, quiet and smooth. Appreciate the safety features. Too soon to discuss reliability but it seems rock solid at this point. My only quibbles are that the front seat rails are too visible; owner's manual is on line or in the infotainment portion of the vehicle and not as a booklet; the passenger side wiper blade is too visible and not hidden as is the driver's side; the start stop feature can be annoying (this can be disconnected during any given trip but not permanently). Gotta love the electronics!"

awesome driving car

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

"Good gas mileage and more than ample power. The beechwood leather is awesome, I get many compliments. The only downside may be the donut spare tire which takes room in the trunk if you choose to get it as oppossed to the stock tire inflation repair kit. Great car for the money."

On the fence

By on Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pros: "comfort, performance, quiet"

Cons: "already needed service, spare tire"

"I researched this car extensively before purchasing it new and felt confident that I was buying a quality car. My previous car was a BMW that I bought CPO. I bought the T5 AWD premium about 6 weeks ago. It's fun to drive and very comfortable but I've already had to take it for service because when I start the car, it cranks before turning the engine over. It's intermittent and always has started but I'm disappointed and concerned that I'm already having an issue. The dealer found nothing wrong with the car and said no codes came up on the computer. They advised me to switch gas stations because the Volvo service hotline told them that the gasoline I was using was probably the problem. If I wasn't having this issue, I would highly recommend this car and also suggest an upgrade to the R design. My complaints are no room for spare tire in the usual place (I negotiated for a spare and it takes up too much room in the trunk) and there are some features with the entertainment system that I don't like. It's minor but many of the actions require holding a button for several seconds instead of simply pressing the button. If you want to turn the radio off, you must hold the button otherwise all you have done is mute the radio. Maybe it's just me since my previous car didn't have this level of technology. If I wasn't having an issue with a hard start, this is a fun vehicle to own."

2012 S-60 R-Design 74,000 miles

By on Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Pros: "Absolute hoot to drive. I scare the heck out wife!"

Cons: "No spare, Transmission shifts a bit too slow"

"We picked this car (his name is "Borke", by the way) in Gothenberg in November 2012. It is the best car I have ever owned and love every minute of driving it. I has great pickup, great cornering, great brakes, wonderful comfort, and it's a car that you can drive like a manic and still know that all of those airbags are going to protect you like a guardian angel. The AWD is worth every penny just for the piece of mind, even here in no-snow Texas. In two years we have had NO mechanical issues what so ever. A few notes. First, I carry a spare in the trunk. Understand that a car with a stiff suspension and low profile tires will be prone to tread wear and side wall issues. In the case of a sidewall blowout, the air inflation device included as a substitute for spare will do you NO good. Second, the tranny is a bit slow on the shifting, which has been fixed in the later version. Bravo, Volvo. Third, I still find it a bit under-powered. I wanted and still want a 400+ HP just to show the BMW folks who's boss, and while I suspect there is more HP waiting for someone to change the chip timing and fill it with premium, Volvo has protected the CPU from hacking so it is impossible to play with the engine variables that could boost up the HP or remove the 155 MPH limit which I am SURE it will do! Finally, I do intend to buy a 2016 or 17 R-Design, and pick it up from Sweden, unless Momma will let me buy an F Type Jag Coupe... Seriously, if you are intending to buy a Volvo and don't do a European Delivery option, you should have your head examined."

great car

By on Sunday, February 27, 2011

"This is my 5th Volvo, I have had the C70 hardtop convertable,older S60 and S80 V8 AWD which was my last car and I thought the best, until the S60 2011 T6 Awd. It is a great ride and offers sporty and safe at the same time. the dealer was right that I would find it an awesome car. I was nervous going from the S80 to the S60 but have no complaints."

Cramped for six footer

By on Tuesday, February 7, 2012

"I'm 6' tall and find that I can't adjust the seat so that I can both comfortably reach the steering wheel and also not have my right knee bumping the center console, especially on longer trips. Whenever driving, unless you have trained your arms to not get tired with your hands in the 10:00 and 2:00 position on the wheel, you will likely find that you need to adjust your grip often to fight fatigue. I'm someone who drives with my right hand generally near the top of the wheel and my left hand gripping the center left of the wheel, with my left elbow resting on the window sill. This has always been comfortable for me. In the S60, the distance from the window sill to the wheel requires you to put a lot of pressure on your fingers to maintain control, making them go numb easily. My only other negative is the blind spot created by the support between the front and rear right side windows. Otherwise, I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with my first Volvo."

Love It!

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "Great Car all around!"

Cons: "The dealership in Tallahassee is dreadful."

"I have had this car for almost 1 year and still smile everytime I see"

Great

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "awesome performance , safe, fun to drive"

"i love this car. It is smooth and powerful. I added polestar and have 327 horsepower and 355 torque the best!!!!!"

great vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"drives great, tons of power, comfortable, better gas mileage than stated and its safe. love my volvo :)"

Love my car

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, easy to drive and be comfortable."

Cons: "NONE"

"I have had several different cars but love this car. It is the best drive i have had and i will not get another car again. It handles great and i would not change anything about it."