2012 Volvo S60

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

A good value

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Cons: "The Emergency Brake"

"No complaints except I'm still learning the electronics. I could do without the electric emergency brake and would like a real spare tire. The car is fast, comfortable, and has style. Yes, I may buy another in the future."

2013 Volvo S60 T6 AWD. One word: Fantastic!

By on Sunday, August 7, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, heavy, solid, and safe."

Cons: "Minor quibbles. Temperamental BLIP camera."

"Thanks to all the reviews here. They are so helpful. Yet, some end up with a bad one (I had a brand new Volvo that turned out to be a lemon - the dealer took it back and gave me another new one which, thankfully, had no problems). I have owned a number of Hondas and Mazdas. This is my third Volvo - all bought new. My first two were S40s and this is the first S60. Had a major rear-end collision in my S40 and walked away without a scratch - the car was a write-off! Definitely more comfortable and spacious than the smaller Volvo. Fully loaded to the teeth (T6 AWD, Tech package, leather, all options). Rather than repeat the obvious (safety, comfort and comparing other brands), I decided to list the positives and negatives. PLUS Bold and aggressive looks; Good ride; excellent brakes; most comfortable seats; lovely and very aesthetic interior; stable bluetooth; great turbo (never missed a merge or felt slow); fantastic acceleration; highway driving is blissful; rock solid road hugging; remote collapsible rear headrests allow good visibility; regular gas (no more premium); relatively quiet engine (with AC off); stable AWD amazing in snow; many safety options; superb and fast seat heating; fun cornering without too much leaning; deep and two-level glovebox; very minimalist dash without busy and gaudy colours; excellent fit and finish; collapsible rear split seat; many safety features; anti-collision is great (freaked me out the first time it slammed on the brakes for me as I rushed up the ramp to the underground garage door as it opened) - lesson: slow down! Maintenance is amazingly simple - gas, car wash, routine maintenance at the dealer. Many think that a Volvo is usually driven by an older person (I'm young) - so, not too many tailgaters ;). Besides, I have 24/7 BlackVue front and rear video dashcams hot-wired into the system. Overall, the BEST luxury car without having to shout it out. Better deal to have it all and not be yelling about it. Not too many want to steal a Volvo (thankfully, they only know about the old Volvos). MINUS Average mileage (delight that you don't own a Hummer); lousy turn radius (better plan to take two lanes to make a U-turn. This is not your Mazda3); slow and clumsy navigation (inaccurate at times) - best to use Google Maps (you could be there setting your destination for awhile); Park Assist could be faster (wait for it to start-up and keep your eyes on your neighbour's dog); creaking sounds in door (drives me nuts! Dealer unable to identify source after repeated tries) - consoled myself as a Boeing jet also has creaking sounds while take-off and landing; passenger belt doesn't retract well and keeps knocking on the pillar (yoga pose one to adjust it); lethargic keyless entry (patience is the KEY); 17" wheel rims are quite narrow (ended up fixing damaged alloys due to ubiquitous potholes); no spare tire and no dedicated space to save one (only sealant) - so, bought run-flat tires; could have more secure storage areas - not just open holes; noisy engine when AC is on (feels like a jet shutting down); smaller trunk (buy a minivan for those long trips); rear seat could have more leg room (get your tall kids to buy their own vehicles) - adults who paid for the car get better comforts (LOL); driver's side wind noise (only during windy days); radio needs to be on for phone to work via Bluetooth (no luck if you forget to turn on the radio); no phone hangup button on steering wheel (yoga pose two - good stretch to the dashboard); BLIS side cameras blink continuously if it is raining (a problem reported many times elsewhere. Replaced camera twice before realizing this was a problem that cannot be fixed). So, why did I give a 10/10? Well, none of the negatives are deal-breakers. If this happened to be a perfect car (there are none), you would be in heaven :). Since, I am not perfect (like anybody else), I don't need a perfect car. Thanks for reading. If you are in doubt - buy the car. It's the best car I have ever owned."

Love it

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

"Have had the T6 AWD 2012 for a year now and i love it handles great, all features are reliable and easy, great fun to drive and plenty of power. Would recommend to anyone looking for a nice ride."

Real head-turner!

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pros: "quality, comfort, European Build, style, bluetooth integration, city-safety feature standard"

Cons: "no spare tire"

Even in the rain it looks great

"I just love what Volvo is doing with their new designs. My car turns heads and people go "Is that a Volvo?" I love it! There's a great attention to little details that Volvo engineers and designers think about. The comfort is just amazing here, I've sat in many competitor's cars and Volvo by far has the best room. The best thing is the comfort of the steering wheel. Most car companies don't pay too much attention to the most interacted part of a car, yet Volvo made it amazing to hold. So far every ride in my S60 has been a joy. Car feels very stable, solid and fast on the road. It might look like a sedan but when you give it some gas it turns corners in much more aggressive sporty way. I love it because I've been waiting for something like this from Volvo. Their new direction appeals to audience my age, and I am 26. This is no longer "parents car," this is fun, stylish and safest car out there. Great job, Volvo!"

Even in the rain it looks great

Best sedan for value

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "safety, comfort, drive, power, adaptive cruise"

"The best vehicle for value, adaptive cruise with queue assit is the best, the interior are hogh quality. the seats are comfortable the safety technology the best. leading the class, had driven the Benz c class, and bmw 3 series. the Volvo s60 2011 is the best"

Bad Bad Quality, Last Volvo for me

By on Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Cons: "Poor Quality"

""I am (was) a repeat Volvo customer. So is (was) the rest of my family. My 2012 S60 with 12K miles is peeling paint!!!! The factory says that the paint is only under warrantee for 1 year and My car is outside the warrantee period!!!!! They say the paint damage is caused either by rain, sprinkler water or acid rain (acid rain in san francisco bay area!!!). It cost $8600 to repaint the car. If you plan to buy a volvo consider how much it cost to repaint, volvo does not pay, you do for their poor quality."

Love my S60

By on Friday, October 16, 2015

Pros: "Performance, design, quality, safety"

Cons: "Some quirks, engine can sound rough, braking feel"

"I've liked the S60 since I checked it out a few years ago at the LA Auto Show. Striking looks (not your father's Volvo), top notch comfort, and great performance. I have the 2015 T5 AWD and so far it has lived up to my expectations. Overall it's well done, with great styling, comfort, and performance. Performance-wise, it handles well, especially on the open road. However the ride is a bit rough on bumpier streets. And it's quick and responsive, especially in sport mode. The ride and engine is quiet. Driving the freeway at 80mph and you can hear a pin drop. Feels solid as a rock. Interior comfort is top notch, design is tasteful and minimalist. Once you get behind the wheel, you know you're in a Swedish car. The design turns heads, with an aggressive look from the front and rear. You know this is a performance car. Quality- Not surprisingly, this car feels solid as a rock. It's a Volvo. Great quality. Value: This car is an incredible value, especially when compared against other European sport sedans. Because Volvo hasn't been doing well (unfortunate because they make amazing cars), great deals can be had. Overall cost of ownership is low: great warranty, covered service, and costs MUCH less to insure than other European models. My complaints: - It has some quirks, not unlike other Volvos I've driven - The instrument panel is a bit weird, not a fan of the digital option. - Sometimes the AC is a bit too loud - Braking can feel a bit squishy, but stops on a dime when needed. (Love the City Assist safety feature). -Engine can feel a bit rough during intense start-stop city driving."

Surprise, this Volvo is cool.

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pros: "Great driver, quick and handles well."

Cons: "Back seat and trunk space limited."

"Not your Grandfathers Volvo, this T6 can really go. Performs as good or better than my wife's BMW 382XI. The Volvo is definitely faster, the BMW may get a slight nod for steering response. A must for a test drive if you are in the market. The AWD is awesome in the snow."

I love this car!

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "Great price for the luxury, an absolute JOY to drive!!!"

"I recently just bought this car and I could not be happier with my purchase. I have the beechwood interior and every possible option. The Volvo S60 T6 AWD is an amazing car. I traded in a BMW, my friends thought I was crazy....until they rode in it. I am the envy of the neighborhood and everyone who sees me driving around town."

Great value

By on Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pros: "Value, drives beautifully."

"Was looking for a car with acceptable luxury features and performance, but with reasonable gas mileage. (Replacing a V8 Mercedes). Previously, I would not have considered a Volvo because I did not care for the styling. However they finally fixed the ugly rear end with this new S60 shape. So the Volvo went on my list together with the Mercedes C class, Audi A4, VW CC, etc. It quickly became apparent that the Volvo is by far the best value -- it has the styling, features and performance of the others and is better priced. Especially when the 5 year/60K service program is taken into account. I've had the Volvo now for several months and am not at all disappointed."

Have owned 2 AWD S60

By on Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"I now have 45 K on my second s60 awd. Drove the first one to 90 K. The cost to own these cars is the very low considering the performance, quality, and confort. Total cost to get to 45 K is $1600.00 including all factory service and a set of tires."

YES! Best vehicle ever.

By on Saturday, April 18, 2015

Pros: "An adrenaline rush in every drive."

Cons: "HMmmmm....nothing."

"Been buying and driving cars since 1970. Most were of a high performance type. My R-Design Volvo is the best of them all. I thoroughly enjoy driving this car. And...best of all the only maintenance required is oil changes. The look, fit, finish, interior, acceleration and ride are second to no other 50K car."

Great sedan

By on Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Pros: "comfortable seats, safety, stylish looks, handling"

Cons: "back seat is small, radio interface needs improv."

"We bought this car and picked it up in Gothenburg, Sweden using Volvo's European Delivery Program. We got a great deal on the car and got to drive it around central Europe for a couple of weeks. The S60 is the single most comfortable car I've ever driven. The seats are firm, supportive but supple. They grab and hold and support you. We have a baby, and if I had one criticism about comfort it's that the back seat does not have that much room when you put the car seat in. It forces the passenger to move his/her seat up to accommodate the car seat. Performance-wise, it's great. It's nimble and fast and has great handling. Sometimes it "jumps" through gear changes and sorta jolts/jerks you, but other than that, it's great. I also feel incredibly safe in it. This won't be our last Volvo, though we do plan to drive it until the wheels come off."

Dynomite!!

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Definitely a fun car to drive."

Cons: "None."

"This car moves like greased lightening! It's important to have a light foot on the pedal and not let all that power and agility go to your head. It hugs the road with a bear hug and has all the maneuverability of a world-class athlete, combined with all the sportiness and comfort you could want in a car, topped off with all of Volvo's world renowned safety features. What a car!"

Best compromise among entry level luxury cars!

By on Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Pros: "Safety features, Comfortable seats, Economy,"

Cons: "Front seat chair rails too visible,"

"After selling my beloved 2006 Acura TSX and studying cars for about 2 years, I decided on the 2016 S-60 Inscription. Did not need the extra leg room in the back but is was the only vehicle with the platinum series that I wanted. Test drove the MB C class, Audi 4, BMW 328, Mazda 6 and all of these vehicles had their pluses. Volvo was a good blend of all of them, especially since it uses regular gas, saving 60-80 cents a gallon. Have been averaging 32 mpg on mixed driving. Handling is fine, brakes great, quiet and smooth. Appreciate the safety features. Too soon to discuss reliability but it seems rock solid at this point. My only quibbles are that the front seat rails are too visible; owner's manual is on line or in the infotainment portion of the vehicle and not as a booklet; the passenger side wiper blade is too visible and not hidden as is the driver's side; the start stop feature can be annoying (this can be disconnected during any given trip but not permanently). Gotta love the electronics!"

awesome driving car

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

"Good gas mileage and more than ample power. The beechwood leather is awesome, I get many compliments. The only downside may be the donut spare tire which takes room in the trunk if you choose to get it as oppossed to the stock tire inflation repair kit. Great car for the money."

On the fence

By on Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pros: "comfort, performance, quiet"

Cons: "already needed service, spare tire"

"I researched this car extensively before purchasing it new and felt confident that I was buying a quality car. My previous car was a BMW that I bought CPO. I bought the T5 AWD premium about 6 weeks ago. It's fun to drive and very comfortable but I've already had to take it for service because when I start the car, it cranks before turning the engine over. It's intermittent and always has started but I'm disappointed and concerned that I'm already having an issue. The dealer found nothing wrong with the car and said no codes came up on the computer. They advised me to switch gas stations because the Volvo service hotline told them that the gasoline I was using was probably the problem. If I wasn't having this issue, I would highly recommend this car and also suggest an upgrade to the R design. My complaints are no room for spare tire in the usual place (I negotiated for a spare and it takes up too much room in the trunk) and there are some features with the entertainment system that I don't like. It's minor but many of the actions require holding a button for several seconds instead of simply pressing the button. If you want to turn the radio off, you must hold the button otherwise all you have done is mute the radio. Maybe it's just me since my previous car didn't have this level of technology. If I wasn't having an issue with a hard start, this is a fun vehicle to own."

2012 S-60 R-Design 74,000 miles

By on Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Pros: "Absolute hoot to drive. I scare the heck out wife!"

Cons: "No spare, Transmission shifts a bit too slow"

"We picked this car (his name is "Borke", by the way) in Gothenberg in November 2012. It is the best car I have ever owned and love every minute of driving it. I has great pickup, great cornering, great brakes, wonderful comfort, and it's a car that you can drive like a manic and still know that all of those airbags are going to protect you like a guardian angel. The AWD is worth every penny just for the piece of mind, even here in no-snow Texas. In two years we have had NO mechanical issues what so ever. A few notes. First, I carry a spare in the trunk. Understand that a car with a stiff suspension and low profile tires will be prone to tread wear and side wall issues. In the case of a sidewall blowout, the air inflation device included as a substitute for spare will do you NO good. Second, the tranny is a bit slow on the shifting, which has been fixed in the later version. Bravo, Volvo. Third, I still find it a bit under-powered. I wanted and still want a 400+ HP just to show the BMW folks who's boss, and while I suspect there is more HP waiting for someone to change the chip timing and fill it with premium, Volvo has protected the CPU from hacking so it is impossible to play with the engine variables that could boost up the HP or remove the 155 MPH limit which I am SURE it will do! Finally, I do intend to buy a 2016 or 17 R-Design, and pick it up from Sweden, unless Momma will let me buy an F Type Jag Coupe... Seriously, if you are intending to buy a Volvo and don't do a European Delivery option, you should have your head examined."

great car

By on Sunday, February 27, 2011

"This is my 5th Volvo, I have had the C70 hardtop convertable,older S60 and S80 V8 AWD which was my last car and I thought the best, until the S60 2011 T6 Awd. It is a great ride and offers sporty and safe at the same time. the dealer was right that I would find it an awesome car. I was nervous going from the S80 to the S60 but have no complaints."

Cramped for six footer

By on Tuesday, February 7, 2012

"I'm 6' tall and find that I can't adjust the seat so that I can both comfortably reach the steering wheel and also not have my right knee bumping the center console, especially on longer trips. Whenever driving, unless you have trained your arms to not get tired with your hands in the 10:00 and 2:00 position on the wheel, you will likely find that you need to adjust your grip often to fight fatigue. I'm someone who drives with my right hand generally near the top of the wheel and my left hand gripping the center left of the wheel, with my left elbow resting on the window sill. This has always been comfortable for me. In the S60, the distance from the window sill to the wheel requires you to put a lot of pressure on your fingers to maintain control, making them go numb easily. My only other negative is the blind spot created by the support between the front and rear right side windows. Otherwise, I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with my first Volvo."

Love It!

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "Great Car all around!"

Cons: "The dealership in Tallahassee is dreadful."

"I have had this car for almost 1 year and still smile everytime I see"

Great

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "awesome performance , safe, fun to drive"

"i love this car. It is smooth and powerful. I added polestar and have 327 horsepower and 355 torque the best!!!!!"

great vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"drives great, tons of power, comfortable, better gas mileage than stated and its safe. love my volvo :)"

Love my car

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, easy to drive and be comfortable."

Cons: "NONE"

"I have had several different cars but love this car. It is the best drive i have had and i will not get another car again. It handles great and i would not change anything about it."

I always lease with intension to buy afterwords.

By on Thursday, October 27, 2016

I don't own this car

Pros: "A joy to drive; price reasonable."

Cons: "None so far."

"This vehicle, so far, is the most enjoyable & luxurious one we've ever had. My wife & I truly love driving it. The roominess of the S60 is very spacious & comfortable w/ leather all around. It couldn't be better. We have the 2016 T5 Inscription Platinum 4-cylinder FWD which has plenty of pep when the car is put to the metal. We're taking a chance in the Wisconsin snow, tho. This vehicle is very safe with the latest collision-alert warnings installed to it. With these enforced & implemented properly, driving is so much more enjoyable and fun. 'Start/Stop Technology' under the hood, so far, seems helpful with improved gas-mileage. If the sedan keeps performing to our liking, we'll probably purchase it after our lease runs out."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next