2012 Volvo S60

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

The Sure-footed Swede

By on Thursday, March 24, 2016

Pros: "Beautiful, value, efficient, fast, agile"

Cons: "Ride, rear seat, trunk"

"I have owned this car, certified pre-owned, since 8,800 miles (approx.). I've put a little over 5,000 miles on it since, and I can't say much of anything negative about it. Ember Black Pearl metallic paint is a WONDERFUL color. If there is anything I would improve, it would be the dashboard. There is an area around the central air vent that's missing an aluminum ring around it (compare it to the outer air vents), and I wouldn't mind having the dashboard wrapped in stitched leather. (It's soft-touch plastic.) Mercs, Jags, Lexuses and Audis probably have marginally-better attention to the finer details. That being said, short of a few niggles on the interior, there is absolutely NO shortage of comfort. The leather and seats are soft, sumptuous and supportive enough for the average sport driver, though those dedicated to the art would likely prefer a REAR-wheel drive car. The rear seat room is a little tight so I wouldn't recommend it for VERY long hauls. You better not mind frequent trips to the grocery store because of its small trunk. And if you get the Sport Package, be prepared to feel the imperfections in the road. On the flip side, with the sport suspension, it corners every bit like a BMW or a Cadillac. It's a beautiful, stylish and unique car that's a fantastic alternative to the more common German choices. It feels put together like a drum, and projected reliability (and experienced, in my case, so far) is excellent. Fuel economy is terrific (I only fill up about once a month AND it takes Regular gas), and it's a wonderful value if you're buying CPO. For the same price as a mid-range Camry or Accord, you can buy this beautiful, efficient and stylish full-on luxury car, fully-loaded, fast and fun. And its base engine is equal or superior to the competitors' offerings in both power and efficiency. Highly, HIGHLY recommended."

So Far So Good

By on Sunday, February 13, 2011

"Definitely not your father's Volvo. Smart looking, incredibly comfortable, powerful engine. Some controls may be difficult to get use to. My initial experience has been a great one. The 5 year-60,000 bumper-to-bumper warranty with scheduled maint. included is about as good as it gets."

Volvo S 60 T5

By on Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pros: "Great value, luxurious, excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "interior storage"

"I've owned a BMW 3 series and test drove the Mercedes C250 and this car is so much better. It's very luxurious and had so much more value than either the MB or BMW. I drove it on the autobahn and it is near the standard of the German cars. My only real complaint and it is small is that there is no real stroage cubbies in the cockpit. Other than that, the driving dynamics are excellent as well as the overall ownership experience. We utilize the dealer in Pensacola and they are awesome."

Excellent car

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, style and performance"

Cons: "Minor interior design and multimedia control issue"

"I have the 2012 S60 T5 with Premium Package. Extremely comfortable, smooth ride and nice handling. I look forward to driving it even just to and from work. Very minor nitpicky stuff: the front passenger seatbelt buckle bangs against the interior when going over bumps (an adhesive felt patch fixed this), you have to hold down the power button on the multimedia system for 5 seconds for it to activate and the hooks for hanging your jacket/drycleaning don't hold more than one hanger very well. While I devoted the most verbage in this review to negatives, it was to hightlight that those are the only ones I have found - this is a really fun car. FYI - I shopped it against the BMW 3 series, Acura TSX, Infinti G series and Lexus ES. No comparison - best quality, most features and most comfort is the S60."

Hugh Surprise

By on Saturday, December 26, 2009

"Looked all over for a nice sedan. Audi A-4, VW CC, American Iron, etc. I wanted a vehicle that the manufacture owned at least 5 years. Volve started a program on the S-60 that met my needs. I drove the vehicle and was totally surprised. Comfortable, quite, and a terrific ride. Six months later it just keeps getting better. The S-60 handles like a high dollar rocket at a fraction of the cost. I can work the radio and everything works better than advertised. It doesn't have the power of my M, however as a daily driver it handles fine on our highways. My wife loves it and we plan on keeping it a long time. The tech info is simple. Put gas in it and press the accelerator. The turbo will handle the rest. I have owned about 20 different cars and SUV's in my life and the S-60 has to be on the top of the list for quality and safety."