2011 Volvo S60

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

sporty safe and fuel efficient

By on Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"I have been driving the 2012 S60 for a month now and get about 25 mpg, super comfortable seats / interrior wrapped in a very sporty package. The electronic "infotainment" system and steering wheel control over radio+satelite+ipod+phone is probably my favorite feature. And the car is extremely quiet - very nice ride."

Grear vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"This is one of the nicest vehicles I have owned. This is the 2nd volvo I have owned and am glad I have another one. It is so quiet and comfortable."

R-Design model-Fantastic Acceleration, Great Value

By on Thursday, August 18, 2016

Pros: "Acceleration, handling ,comfort, simple elegance"

"The S60 R-Design is incredibly fast, handles extremely well, is very comfortable, is classy inside and, in the black, looks the part of a true sports sedan on the outside. The car is understated and underrated, and, for its combination of power, comfort and safety, a great value with significant discounts off of sticker available. A blast to drive and highly recommended as a great alternative to all the BMW's, Audi's, Mercedes' and Lexus' you see everywhere."

Solid, powerful, fun!

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "Uses regular gas. Is very sporty."

Cons: "Bland dashboard and gauges. Gas mileage not great"

"After many years of Japanese cars, I had to break free. The s60 won me over, over the German high end offerings, and all the others. If you want comfort, power and safety, this is your car. Someone described the seats as sitting In a comfortable baseball glove, and I concur. Best seats ever! Great stitching and details make them even better. Power is great, love the turbo. The navigation is just ok. Not great. Wouldn't buy it again, unless volvo improves it. The dashboard is rather bland......dials and gauges are just basic and rather boring. However, the overall value feels great. I love to drive this car! This black metallic S60 gets a lot of attention. And a lot of baths. Black cars are gorgeous, but they need constant work. Worth it? Yeah!!!!!"

As Good As It Gets

By on Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"This is my third volvo since 1990 and I only have 700 miles on the 2012 S60, but it is quickly becoming the best of the three yet. Having some trouble getting the car to download the phonebook from my cell phone, but I like the way bluetooth connection works better than the 2009 Acura TSX I traded. Seats are big and wide, ride is very comfortable and the interior and exterior of this car is awesome. Definately worth looking at if your looking to make a purchase, and the 5 yr 60k warranty and scheduled maintenance doesn't get any better."

A good value

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Cons: "The Emergency Brake"

"No complaints except I'm still learning the electronics. I could do without the electric emergency brake and would like a real spare tire. The car is fast, comfortable, and has style. Yes, I may buy another in the future."

2013 Volvo S60 T6 AWD. One word: Fantastic!

By on Sunday, August 7, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, heavy, solid, and safe."

Cons: "Minor quibbles. Temperamental BLIP camera."

"Thanks to all the reviews here. They are so helpful. Yet, some end up with a bad one (I had a brand new Volvo that turned out to be a lemon - the dealer took it back and gave me another new one which, thankfully, had no problems). I have owned a number of Hondas and Mazdas. This is my third Volvo - all bought new. My first two were S40s and this is the first S60. Had a major rear-end collision in my S40 and walked away without a scratch - the car was a write-off! Definitely more comfortable and spacious than the smaller Volvo. Fully loaded to the teeth (T6 AWD, Tech package, leather, all options). Rather than repeat the obvious (safety, comfort and comparing other brands), I decided to list the positives and negatives. PLUS Bold and aggressive looks; Good ride; excellent brakes; most comfortable seats; lovely and very aesthetic interior; stable bluetooth; great turbo (never missed a merge or felt slow); fantastic acceleration; highway driving is blissful; rock solid road hugging; remote collapsible rear headrests allow good visibility; regular gas (no more premium); relatively quiet engine (with AC off); stable AWD amazing in snow; many safety options; superb and fast seat heating; fun cornering without too much leaning; deep and two-level glovebox; very minimalist dash without busy and gaudy colours; excellent fit and finish; collapsible rear split seat; many safety features; anti-collision is great (freaked me out the first time it slammed on the brakes for me as I rushed up the ramp to the underground garage door as it opened) - lesson: slow down! Maintenance is amazingly simple - gas, car wash, routine maintenance at the dealer. Many think that a Volvo is usually driven by an older person (I'm young) - so, not too many tailgaters ;). Besides, I have 24/7 BlackVue front and rear video dashcams hot-wired into the system. Overall, the BEST luxury car without having to shout it out. Better deal to have it all and not be yelling about it. Not too many want to steal a Volvo (thankfully, they only know about the old Volvos). MINUS Average mileage (delight that you don't own a Hummer); lousy turn radius (better plan to take two lanes to make a U-turn. This is not your Mazda3); slow and clumsy navigation (inaccurate at times) - best to use Google Maps (you could be there setting your destination for awhile); Park Assist could be faster (wait for it to start-up and keep your eyes on your neighbour's dog); creaking sounds in door (drives me nuts! Dealer unable to identify source after repeated tries) - consoled myself as a Boeing jet also has creaking sounds while take-off and landing; passenger belt doesn't retract well and keeps knocking on the pillar (yoga pose one to adjust it); lethargic keyless entry (patience is the KEY); 17" wheel rims are quite narrow (ended up fixing damaged alloys due to ubiquitous potholes); no spare tire and no dedicated space to save one (only sealant) - so, bought run-flat tires; could have more secure storage areas - not just open holes; noisy engine when AC is on (feels like a jet shutting down); smaller trunk (buy a minivan for those long trips); rear seat could have more leg room (get your tall kids to buy their own vehicles) - adults who paid for the car get better comforts (LOL); driver's side wind noise (only during windy days); radio needs to be on for phone to work via Bluetooth (no luck if you forget to turn on the radio); no phone hangup button on steering wheel (yoga pose two - good stretch to the dashboard); BLIS side cameras blink continuously if it is raining (a problem reported many times elsewhere. Replaced camera twice before realizing this was a problem that cannot be fixed). So, why did I give a 10/10? Well, none of the negatives are deal-breakers. If this happened to be a perfect car (there are none), you would be in heaven :). Since, I am not perfect (like anybody else), I don't need a perfect car. Thanks for reading. If you are in doubt - buy the car. It's the best car I have ever owned."

Love it

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

"Have had the T6 AWD 2012 for a year now and i love it handles great, all features are reliable and easy, great fun to drive and plenty of power. Would recommend to anyone looking for a nice ride."

Real head-turner!

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pros: "quality, comfort, European Build, style, bluetooth integration, city-safety feature standard"

Cons: "no spare tire"

Even in the rain it looks great

"I just love what Volvo is doing with their new designs. My car turns heads and people go "Is that a Volvo?" I love it! There's a great attention to little details that Volvo engineers and designers think about. The comfort is just amazing here, I've sat in many competitor's cars and Volvo by far has the best room. The best thing is the comfort of the steering wheel. Most car companies don't pay too much attention to the most interacted part of a car, yet Volvo made it amazing to hold. So far every ride in my S60 has been a joy. Car feels very stable, solid and fast on the road. It might look like a sedan but when you give it some gas it turns corners in much more aggressive sporty way. I love it because I've been waiting for something like this from Volvo. Their new direction appeals to audience my age, and I am 26. This is no longer "parents car," this is fun, stylish and safest car out there. Great job, Volvo!"

Even in the rain it looks great

Best sedan for value

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "safety, comfort, drive, power, adaptive cruise"

"The best vehicle for value, adaptive cruise with queue assit is the best, the interior are hogh quality. the seats are comfortable the safety technology the best. leading the class, had driven the Benz c class, and bmw 3 series. the Volvo s60 2011 is the best"