2011 Volvo S60

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

By on Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pros: "Looks great ! Decent gas mileage. Smooth ride."

"I have had this car for a year now and with 25,000 miles already, it's fair to say I've spent quite a bit of time with it. It's comfortable, quick, and still averages 28mpg. I Love it!"

R-Design model-Fantastic Acceleration, Great Value

By on Thursday, August 18, 2016

Pros: "Acceleration, handling ,comfort, simple elegance"

"The S60 R-Design is incredibly fast, handles extremely well, is very comfortable, is classy inside and, in the black, looks the part of a true sports sedan on the outside. The car is understated and underrated, and, for its combination of power, comfort and safety, a great value with significant discounts off of sticker available. A blast to drive and highly recommended as a great alternative to all the BMW's, Audi's, Mercedes' and Lexus' you see everywhere."

This is a Volvo???

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "fun, comfy, Scandinavian Design, Quality"

"I absolutely am in love with my 2012 Volvo S60 T5! I am 17 years old and everyone at school said (before they saw it) "if you had 32000 dollars to spend on a car then why didn't you buy something cool like a BMW or an Audi?" When they saw it for the first thing they said "this is a Volvo???" Volvo has done a fantastic job on this car! My brother has a 2010 Acura TL and every time that I have to drive his car, I feel soooo unconformable because the suspension in the Volvo absorbs all of the bumbs in the road very nicely. The styling of this car is fantastic and I can tell that Volvo is trying to appeal to a younger body of people. My parents like the car because of the warranty and safety is top notch. Definitively the Best choice in its price range."

Excellent value

By on Friday, August 28, 2009

"Got my S60 a month ago. Loving it! Plenty of power, comfortable driver seat, very impressive brakes. Feel safe. Optional climate package is so cool - rain sensing wiper is great. A few things to complain: 1. Small leg room for rear seats 2. Functional, but monotonous inerior design. 3. wind noise at high speed (driver side) But, with recent incentives, this car is unbeatable value!"

Volvo never disapoints!

By on Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pros: "Ummm, just look at it :)"

Cons: "I should have gotten the adaptive cruise control!"

"I'm 35 and have owned 5 Volvos over the years. I've had the honor of an S40, S60-R, XC90, and currently a XC60-RDesgin and most recently, S60-RDesign. I freakin' love this car! The original R was amazing, but this is the next level. It’s faster, quieter and the interior is spot on. As someone that goes through cars quite quickly, I highly recommend this creature. It is a keeper! The Polestar tuning is amazing! I'm looking at adding it to the XC60. It's a head turner and I get many positive remarks, especially from the tuners. Awesome car! U need it! Not to mention the 5 year "Safe and Secure" plan. No one can tough this, it's the total package. Elegant, but not gaudy (hello Escalade, are you listening!)"

Endless problems with my new S60 T5

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "Could be fun to drive, comfy, great seats"

Cons: "Quality control, dealer service and Volvo NA"

"I have never had a vehicle with as many issues out the chute as this one. It takes many visits to the dealer to get them to address any issue; they tend to deny that the problem exists and hope you run out of time and don't come back. Volvo of North America has been inept and pathetic in handling my case. They are just not interested in customer service. These are issues that were resolved: - pressure release valve in a/c causing loud metallic noise. - bad fuel pump causing hard starting from cold. These are the issues that are unresolved: - Wobble in steering around 40mph. Dealer cannot detect any issue. - Surging and jerking in all gears and at all speeds. Volvo tells me this is normal. - Brakes are weak and appear to be losing vaccum. Volvo tells me this is normal. - Delayed engagement of first gear when pulling away from a stop. Volvo informs me that this is normal. I had a C30 before. None of these issues. Great car."

Loving my new S60

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "quick, sporty and comfortable"

Cons: "Bluetooth phone seems to disconnect to often."

"I recently traded a Lexus IS250, very glad I did. I've had many new cars the last 15 years, Audi, Lexus (2), Toyota, Volvo S80 and a Dodge. I make excuses to go the store so I can drive the new S60. I like the looks both exterior and interior. The car is quick and fast, very easy to control and drives smooth. The only complaint would be the bluetooth seems to drop more than it should. Something that is easy to reconnect but a pain."

The winner

By on Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Pros: "Seats, durable materials, safety"

Cons: "Fuel economy, minor quibbles"

"Test drove this plus a bunch of other cars, and this was the winner in my budget. My must have list was all wheel drive, comfortable interior including good sound quality, and reliability. The pros: This car has the nicest looking interior, period bar none. Most comfortable seats by a mile. Great visibility even better with the button that collapses the rear seat headrests. The steering is great, the acceleration is smooth when not in sport mode, pretty fast when you are in sport mode. Handles great in the rain, have yet to drive in the snow since I just got this a few weeks ago. Came with the best CPO warranty short of, what, Mercedes Benz? And this car with all the miles it has on it and despite the fact that it's traveled to more than one dealer cross country in its life is in way better condition than newer cars I test drove. That gave me a ton of confidence that the materials inside are very durable and this car won't look trashed in 10 years. And it's low maintenance with only needing an oil change every 10k miles. It provided decent insulation from wind noise and bumps in the road. The cons: Not the best fuel economy. I'm not getting a drop better than EPA city estimates of 20 MPG - ouch! But this car was so nice I overlooked that. Not the best sound quality from the speakers but not horrible. Not the sexiest coolest car, but ok. Strange how the windshield wiper arm scrapes against the hood when you need to lift it to change the wiper blade. Also, the keyless entry thing is slow so I always try opening the door and it's still locked which is annoying. Also, the sport mode is a little unrefined. Other than the fuel economy, minor quibbles and I signed up for this knowing the fuel economy (but ignoring it since the car is so nice!)."

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "handling is great. This car is so comfortable."

Cons: "could have more leg room in the back seat."

"I WILL BUY A VOLVO AGAIN AND AGAIN!"

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

"Smooth drive, awesome handling. Quick even in an automatic. The seats are like sitting on a cloud. Would buy this car over any 1 or 3 series BMW! Actually went to the lot to buy an Audi A4 and saw the Volvo in the showroom and decided to test drive and immediately loved it! Volvo makes a great car and finally designed a good looking car too!"