2011 Volvo S60

Based on 82 Ratings for the 2011 - 2018 models.

The Sure-footed Swede

By on Thursday, March 24, 2016

Pros: "Beautiful, value, efficient, fast, agile"

Cons: "Ride, rear seat, trunk"

"I have owned this car, certified pre-owned, since 8,800 miles (approx.). I've put a little over 5,000 miles on it since, and I can't say much of anything negative about it. Ember Black Pearl metallic paint is a WONDERFUL color. If there is anything I would improve, it would be the dashboard. There is an area around the central air vent that's missing an aluminum ring around it (compare it to the outer air vents), and I wouldn't mind having the dashboard wrapped in stitched leather. (It's soft-touch plastic.) Mercs, Jags, Lexuses and Audis probably have marginally-better attention to the finer details. That being said, short of a few niggles on the interior, there is absolutely NO shortage of comfort. The leather and seats are soft, sumptuous and supportive enough for the average sport driver, though those dedicated to the art would likely prefer a REAR-wheel drive car. The rear seat room is a little tight so I wouldn't recommend it for VERY long hauls. You better not mind frequent trips to the grocery store because of its small trunk. And if you get the Sport Package, be prepared to feel the imperfections in the road. On the flip side, with the sport suspension, it corners every bit like a BMW or a Cadillac. It's a beautiful, stylish and unique car that's a fantastic alternative to the more common German choices. It feels put together like a drum, and projected reliability (and experienced, in my case, so far) is excellent. Fuel economy is terrific (I only fill up about once a month AND it takes Regular gas), and it's a wonderful value if you're buying CPO. For the same price as a mid-range Camry or Accord, you can buy this beautiful, efficient and stylish full-on luxury car, fully-loaded, fast and fun. And its base engine is equal or superior to the competitors' offerings in both power and efficiency. Highly, HIGHLY recommended."

BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED

By on Tuesday, September 12, 2017

"This car is incredible. AWD, tons of low torque, most comfortable seat in a car. Drives like a sports car and seats 5. Safest vehicle in its category. I have now owned it for 1 year and had no issues. CPO vehicle. I could not ask for more."

Just the Perfect Car for My Needs!

By on Sunday, December 3, 2017

Pros: "Good driving characteristics, quality, size, warra"

Cons: "Steering OK just a little firm, gas mpg so-so 22.5"

"Bought as a CPO 2 years ago with 6800 miles. Only problem was a gas cap gasket. Plenty of power, especially off the line. It has the BLiS, convenience pkg, nav, weather pkg...about all I need/want. Only complaint is steering is a little firmer than Audi A4 which I shopped it against. The overall value was clearly in the S60s favor. Bumper - bumper warranty coverage for 100k mi, no deductible (75 for Audi) & regular gas vs Audi premium were other value factors. Very, very pleassed and proud of the car."

So Far So Good

By on Sunday, February 13, 2011

"Definitely not your father's Volvo. Smart looking, incredibly comfortable, powerful engine. Some controls may be difficult to get use to. My initial experience has been a great one. The 5 year-60,000 bumper-to-bumper warranty with scheduled maint. included is about as good as it gets."

Volvo S 60 T5

By on Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pros: "Great value, luxurious, excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "interior storage"

"I've owned a BMW 3 series and test drove the Mercedes C250 and this car is so much better. It's very luxurious and had so much more value than either the MB or BMW. I drove it on the autobahn and it is near the standard of the German cars. My only real complaint and it is small is that there is no real stroage cubbies in the cockpit. Other than that, the driving dynamics are excellent as well as the overall ownership experience. We utilize the dealer in Pensacola and they are awesome."