2009 Volvo S60

Based on 125 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

Great Sleeper

By on Monday, June 29, 2009

"This Volvo is your best bang for your buck performance sedan while it was in production 04-07. Great used deals on these models are a real steal."

I love my Volvo S-60 R

By on Monday, March 2, 2009

"I got this car in September of 2007 and have loved it since minute one. It is very comfortable (unless you are 5'11" + and in the back seat). I live in Wyoming and the winters can be tough, but my car doesn't care and I have passed trucks stuck or spun out with my Volvo S60 R flying by with no problems. The only down side is that it is fast, very fast and designed so well half the time I have no idea how fast I am going, so watch out for tickets. I would buy this car again, and again. Plus, with the Volvo amazing customer service, there is virtually no risk or worries for the first 4 years! The customer service alone makes Volvo stand out above the rest!"

Disappointing Buy

By on Saturday, July 19, 2008

"This 2006 Volvo S60 has been giving me trouble after a month. I have had several cars and NEVER had problems with the interior of a car. I was so surprised when the interior door handles broke. Not once, but twice. The engine light would malfunction, this is just the minor problems. I purchased the car new with only 18 miles at the time of purchase. It was towed twice to the dealership for repairs during the first 6 mouths. I began talking to others who had a Volvo and they had problems as well. One of the individuals I spoke to said it best, "If you want to buy a Volvo make sure ask if the car comes with a mechanic!!!!"

I Love This Car!

By on Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Pros: "comfortable leather seats, quick and safe"

Cons: "tight turning radius"

"I bought my 09 Volvo S60 used from a BMW dealership in 2014 with 54k mi. I have about 106k mi on it today and it continues to exceed my expectations. Its easy on the eyes, delivers a smooth ride, and is truly a pleasure to drive. I havent had any major issues with this car. I perform routine scheduled maintenance and thats pretty much it. I look forward to driving another 100k + miles!"

Good car for the right person.

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Drives great and handles incredibly."

Cons: "Strange issues from possibly being a dealer model."

"I have owned my Volvo for about 5 years now. I purchased the dealer model because it was a great deal on a great car - $30k for a car that normally sells closer to $40k with only 4k miles on it. My main issues with the car are mechanical. I'm not sure if I have these issues because the car was the dealer model or if I just got a lemon, but here are the following problems I've encountered: - Brakes starting clinking after a couple of months. I was told the brakes were new, but who knows. My mechanic told me there was no issue with the brakes and they were fine. - This car eats up Anti-freeze/Coolant! I never remember having to refill the anti-freeze/coolant this much in my 1998 Jeep Wrangler. I'm adding more every 2 months. - This one is weird. I park my car on the street, and some of them are more angled towards the curb than others. If I park on a particular street that angles more towards the curb and the gas tank is at 1/4 full, I have trouble starting the car. I have never had an issue like this with any car that I've owned and this is my 4th car. - My only non-mechanical issue: design. In the winter, the snow builds up on the front of the car where the dash meets the hood, which makes the wipers useless as they turn into icicles. And leaves get caught in the trunk of my car where the trunk lid meets the rear window, which turns into mulch by the time I notice. Irritating design flaws. My only other issue that I have is comfort. The seats are super comfortable, but being 5'11", even the S60 is not spacious enough for the leg room. It was fine at first, but these last couple of years have become increasingly uncomfortable for me. I think this is a great car for the right person but it turns out it's not that great for me. Maybe I just got a lemon in a long line of prize apples."

Unbelievable

By on Thursday, April 2, 2009

"The S60R is the best car I have ever owned. Comfort, performance, style. I especially like the subtle nature of this little hot rod."

soo much fun!

By on Saturday, March 14, 2009

"Totally fun car for those who like to drive. Extreme comfort and stability. Drives awesome in the snow!! You definately get what you pay for when you buy the S60 R: Luxury and speed."

By on Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sleeper on the road

By on Monday, January 12, 2009

"I ve owned the S60R for about 1 1/2 yrs and it s a great vehicle. 300hp, 6spd manual cruises the freeway with ease. For those complaining about the turn radius, IT S AN ALL WHEEL DRIVE vehicle, they are all like that. Dont get an AWD if you like to make U-turns. The Pirelli P-Zero's can be replace with better tires. I had the dealer install the i-pod cable and I control it from the radio. Everyone ask me what model Volvo it is because of the sporty look on front. I will definetly buy another if they bring back the S60 R."

Beat my Accord deal

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Bought an 07 S-60 demo w/6k mi for less $ than an Accord EX-L. After 15k mi, never regretted it! Fantastic seats, great fit and finish, superb highway driving, interstate 33mpg at 70+ with AC, in-town everyday 24.5mpg. Yep, turning radius is wider than I like and the back seat doesn't comfortably seat six footers."