2009 Volvo S60

Based on 125 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

nicest car i have ever had

By on Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"This car has exceeded expectations for 62000 miles. Fast, economical, reliable and looks good. It is fun to drive and when cruising on the Interstate gets an honest 30mpg."

Pretty when going straight

By on Sunday, March 28, 2010

"I leased this car new in '07. Love the look, the lines the color and still do. BUT, I will not be buying out of the lease due to the turning radius. It's abyssmal and scary. If I only had to drive on the highway I'd be fine, but for city driving, U-turns, it's a nightmare and so disappointing. I also do not like the way the headrest pushes my head forward. It's supposed to be a safety feature but after 3 years of driving this car I think it has affected my posture. I find it very sad as I really do like the look and the pickup."

I may never get rid of this car!

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Drive experience, simplistic design and features"

Cons: "Turning radius"

"I have owned my 2007 S60R for 18 months and I look forward to every time I get into it. This car can be a comfortable family cruiser for long hauls or a fun sporty beast on back country roads. The AWD provides great grip and the 4C suspension allows me to customize the ride. When I was shopping for this car I also test drove a 535xi and this car won hands down. The Bimmer was just over complicated and felt heavy despite its engine. I love the clean Scandinavian design and simplistic layout. My only complaint is that the turning radius is terrible. I have spoken to other R owners and the feelings are similar across the board. This is a great car for the guy (or gal) that has a family but still has a bit of thrill seeker left in them."

Stuck in park

By on Monday, February 8, 2010

"2006 37,000 miles won't shift out of park. Told it's not covered under warranty and I must have "wasted something sticky" in the gear shaft. Absolutely ridiculous! The cup holder is next to the shifter, as with many cars, so I guess it wouldn't be wise to drive with an open drink in the cup holder if you want your vehicle to move the next day."

3rd Volvo and hooked FOREVER!

By on Saturday, April 4, 2015

Pros: "Body style is my favorite, gas mileage, reliable"

Cons: "Steering radius"

"My first Volvo was the S 60 it was a 2004 and I loved it but had some issues with the car that were a bit costly to repair. My second Volvo was the XC 90 it was a 2005 and it was awesome but I do a lot of driving in the city and the mpg in town was a bit low and it was at a time when gas prices were crazy high. My third Volvo was once again the S 60 it is a 2008. I bought the car when it was two years old and it has been the most reliable car and the gas mileage is better than listed. In town I average about 22 mpg and the highway about 30 mpg. I have noticed the mileage is higher when I maintain 80 mph or higher. I have had the car up to 145 mph and I was literally gliding on air. My next one will be a C 70 however I will keep my S 60 for the reliability and safety features which Volvo surpasses compared to other vehicles especially in the luxury class."