2009 Volvo S60

Based on 123 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

OK

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Expensive to Maintain"

"Great new car... but small items tend to drive you nuts! Air conditioning has been an issue... Fun to drive, great on ice/snow but overall hasn't aged as well as Toyota's or Honda's i've driven in the past. Oil changes are more expensive unless you are a DIY'er."

Good value

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"You get what you pay for a nice comfortable car with an affordable price. I have had some minor issues but this is my first car and it was 4 years old when I got it. 2 rear bulbs replaced and a headlight. Also, brand new rear tires went completely bald in 6 months. After replacement and alignment no issues. And the right rear brakes locked up and it had to be towed which was included under the extended warranty"

nicest car i have ever had

By on Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"This car has exceeded expectations for 62000 miles. Fast, economical, reliable and looks good. It is fun to drive and when cruising on the Interstate gets an honest 30mpg."

Pretty when going straight

By on Sunday, March 28, 2010

"I leased this car new in '07. Love the look, the lines the color and still do. BUT, I will not be buying out of the lease due to the turning radius. It's abyssmal and scary. If I only had to drive on the highway I'd be fine, but for city driving, U-turns, it's a nightmare and so disappointing. I also do not like the way the headrest pushes my head forward. It's supposed to be a safety feature but after 3 years of driving this car I think it has affected my posture. I find it very sad as I really do like the look and the pickup."

I may never get rid of this car!

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Drive experience, simplistic design and features"

Cons: "Turning radius"

"I have owned my 2007 S60R for 18 months and I look forward to every time I get into it. This car can be a comfortable family cruiser for long hauls or a fun sporty beast on back country roads. The AWD provides great grip and the 4C suspension allows me to customize the ride. When I was shopping for this car I also test drove a 535xi and this car won hands down. The Bimmer was just over complicated and felt heavy despite its engine. I love the clean Scandinavian design and simplistic layout. My only complaint is that the turning radius is terrible. I have spoken to other R owners and the feelings are similar across the board. This is a great car for the guy (or gal) that has a family but still has a bit of thrill seeker left in them."