2005 Volvo S60

8.3

Based on 352 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

S60

By on Saturday, August 4, 2007

"The best built Volvo sold today. Not the performer my trusted 240 turned out to be, but better styling than that "old refrigerator". The S60 provides 500+ miles of driving between fill-ups (good gas mileage & a large gas tank). Also, the car handles and runs like a sophisticated highly engineered vehicle. Enough room in the back seat (S40 too small/ S80 too much that will break). A bit expensive compared to Toyota and Honda but a much better value than a 3-series BMW."

Fantastic

By on Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pros: "Great value, intelligent design."

Cons: "Turning radius."

"This is a fantastic vehicle and a wonderful ride. This vehicle has been mine ever since I got my license. Wonderful in the snow and very limited issues with mantainence. Has not failed me yet and I do expect to drive this vehicle for even longer. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who looks for quality and reliablity."

A real value!!

By on Saturday, August 28, 2010

"I have never loved a car until I had this one. My husband bought me a 2001 2.4L for $2200 with 140,000 miles on it. It has about 190K miles now. After replacing a wheel bearing, fixing some minor scratches and dents, inspection and registration and having it professionally cleaned, the total cost was about $4000, including shipping from NJ to PA. Almost needless to say, I was a little upset he spent $4000 on a car with that many miles, even if it was a Volvo. Once I saw and drove it, I fell in love, something that is almost impossible for me. It drives and performs beautifully!! It is great on gas but delivers on performance, it is reliable and "smart", especially for that year. The front seat is comfortable, though the back seat is tight. My oldest child is preschool age now and his legs are starting to reach the backs of the front seats. We are now in the process of buying a Volvo C70 wagon, because I just can't, at this point in my life, even think of not driving a Volvo. Truly a superb car. BRAVO!!!"

Long Lasting

By on Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"Bought my s60 2.4i with 112,000 miles, im at 160,000 now after 3 years it still runs like a champ. The only problem it ever had was a faulty fuel pump which we ended up getting a check from volvo because it was defective. So besides fuel and oil, thats all ive ever done to this car."

Buyer Beware!

By on Friday, October 24, 2008

"I bought my new 2001 Volvo S60 2.4T and have been consistently let down. I can't get through one service period without the warning light coming on and and every time I take the car in repairs seem to cost $1000 or more. The quality and reliability just aren't there. I've experienced significant problems with just about everything from electrical, mechanical, loss of power, poor gas mileage, down to a tranmission that failed at 105K. Even all the plastic things inside the car like cup holders haven't held up well and I'm not hard on my car. I'll NEVER buy another Volvo and feel bad this didn't turn out to be the car I had hoped for. If you're looking at Volvo, I suggest looking elsewhere."