2005 Volvo S60

8.3

Based on 352 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

AMAZING CAR....if it has been taken care of

By on Monday, August 8, 2016

Pros: "Reliable, powerful, and comfortable!!"

Cons: "Terrible turning radius!"

"I bought this car well-used with 93,000 miles on the odometer. It was an excellent buy and fits my needs very well. The gas mileage is great for a luxury midsize at a combined 26 mpg. It has been very reliable as well, but due to neglect by the previous owners I have run into some major issues. A cracked radiator+motor mount, two busted front shock holders, a warped hub, and a relay failure have added up quickly. They also have the turning radius of a Greyhound Bus (our 1996 Chevy Blazer can turn tighter than the S60). ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AMPLE SERVICE RECORDS AND TAKE IT TO A VOLVO MECHANIC BEFORE YOU BUY. If it is in good shape, it is worth every penny!!! A well-maintained 2005-2009 Volvo S60 is the best used midsize luxury on the market, bar none!!"

Very reliable, safe, and comfortable car.

By on Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pros: "reliability, comfort, driving stability, safe"

Cons: "limited legroom in back seat"

"This is one of the best cars I have owned, and is my second S60. My first went 269,000 miles with just routine maintenance and was running beautifully until my son totaled it. The S60 is very well designed and drives and handles very well, especially in snowy or wet conditions. It is very stable on the road and extremely comfortable, making it an ideal everyday driver and great for long trips. I average 26 - 27 mpg overall and get as much as 30 mpg on long trips. The only negative thing I can say about this car is that the legroom in the back seat is limited."

Great Used car for teenagers.

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Safety, good in snow, and fun to drive."

Cons: "Not much legroom in the back seats for tall people"

"My family has owned Volvos since the early 70's. A 240 wagon my brother rolled and survived, to a'96 850 wagon that just won't quit, to the most recent purchase '02 s60 turbo for teenager. We have had great luck with both the safety and mechanical of Volvos. The s60 is no exception."

The most underrated Luxury/Performance car ever!

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

Pros: "See my complete review"

Cons: "See my complete review"

"Pro's: 300 HP, Brembo Brakes, AWD (upgraded for 2005), Volvo safety systems, Premium sound (none better), Volvo orthopedic seating, Tilt steering wheel that is telescopic too!, 0-60 in 5.7 Seconds (you can spend a whole lot more and go just a little bit faster), HID headlamps. Though there are a lot more pro's, I'd say finally "Volvo reliability" Con's: The premium sound system has no way of playing mp3's (you have to convert your mp3's to audio files and burn them on a CD-R disk), pay attention to having your brakes looked at every 3 months or so (you don't want to wear out the pads, cause fixing Brembo brakes is pricy), if you need to buy tires and you rarely go above 90mph go with the less expensive tires instead of tires rated for 150mph. All in all, one of the most underrated luxury/performance cars of all time. This light weight midsized sedan, with 300hp will blow the doors off of Mustang GT's, BMW's and mostly any car out there. Yeah some will beat you by a second or so. But they spent all their money on their car. The Volvo S60R is a sleeper, no one knows what you have. P.S. If you're going to open this baby up on the freeway, buy a radar/laser detector."

Nice car , but...

By on Sunday, June 13, 2010

"Bought my S60R NEW. Love adjustable chassis and power. Hate- turning radius and tire rub. They don't tell you to replace tires with Pirelli or else. Any other tire (correct/same size) will rub. My tires rubbed so much they almost blew out they were rubbed on the sidewalls down to the belts. Dealer noiced the wear on the side of the tire you cannot see. Had 3/4 life on the tread but had to throw out and buy new. Caution tire rub major issue and very dangerous."