ZIP code

2004 Volvo S60

8.3

Based on 352 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

S60

By on Saturday, August 4, 2007

"The best built Volvo sold today. Not the performer my trusted 240 turned out to be, but better styling than that "old refrigerator". The S60 provides 500+ miles of driving between fill-ups (good gas mileage & a large gas tank). Also, the car handles and runs like a sophisticated highly engineered vehicle. Enough room in the back seat (S40 too small/ S80 too much that will break). A bit expensive compared to Toyota and Honda but a much better value than a 3-series BMW."

Fantastic

By on Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pros: "Great value, intelligent design."

Cons: "Turning radius."

"This is a fantastic vehicle and a wonderful ride. This vehicle has been mine ever since I got my license. Wonderful in the snow and very limited issues with mantainence. Has not failed me yet and I do expect to drive this vehicle for even longer. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who looks for quality and reliablity."

A real value!!

By on Saturday, August 28, 2010

"I have never loved a car until I had this one. My husband bought me a 2001 2.4L for $2200 with 140,000 miles on it. It has about 190K miles now. After replacing a wheel bearing, fixing some minor scratches and dents, inspection and registration and having it professionally cleaned, the total cost was about $4000, including shipping from NJ to PA. Almost needless to say, I was a little upset he spent $4000 on a car with that many miles, even if it was a Volvo. Once I saw and drove it, I fell in love, something that is almost impossible for me. It drives and performs beautifully!! It is great on gas but delivers on performance, it is reliable and "smart", especially for that year. The front seat is comfortable, though the back seat is tight. My oldest child is preschool age now and his legs are starting to reach the backs of the front seats. We are now in the process of buying a Volvo C70 wagon, because I just can't, at this point in my life, even think of not driving a Volvo. Truly a superb car. BRAVO!!!"

Long Lasting

By on Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"Bought my s60 2.4i with 112,000 miles, im at 160,000 now after 3 years it still runs like a champ. The only problem it ever had was a faulty fuel pump which we ended up getting a check from volvo because it was defective. So besides fuel and oil, thats all ive ever done to this car."

My Experience

By on Sunday, November 2, 2008

"I have driven the S60 since 2001 and put 85,000 miles on it. This is a very nice and comfortable car, however I have had some serious trouble with the transmission. Other than the faulty transmission there have also been some frequently occuring issues which really are more of an annoyance than anything else. The service light comes on every couple of months, and I've had a number of "bulbs" burn out since I've had it. In addition the gas cap fell off, although it may have been vandalized... I'm not sure. The value of the car has depreciated quickly and is no longer really worth the high cost of maintenance. Great car while it is under warranty (5yrs). After that be prepared to get something else."